iLok.com Tech Support response to iLok2 crack

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

Producers are the ones using cracked software why would they be mad?, it's the developer who is mad his girlfriend is pregnant because he paid $40,000 for a broken condom.

2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

dude can you plase put everything into one post? or atleast edit your previous post, when you want to add something, now we have 3 posts from you in a row.

3. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

If i could use my ilok purely to just store all my licenses in one place and not have all the extra shit that comes with it id be happy. I like the fact that when i re-install my os i haven't got to type in the serials that are stored on the ilok and this would be enough for me to keep owning one. I also like the way plugin alliance works with its protection process.

I know ilok are earning a lot of money from what they charge the developers but if companies are happy to pay it and are still making money than surely that's just business.

There also has to be some separation in the market. You know that when you buy certain plugins like soundtoys, softube and brainworx etc they are in a different league to the others. The prices will always reflect that weather ilok is here or not.

The loss of ilok will only help our computers resources never our wallets :)

4. oscill8r

oscill8r Member

"... a portion of the software that supports it ..."

Could be some truth in that statement, many protections have been broken through badly implemented driver software, anyone remember DVD and Blu-Ray? Guess only time will tell if they have 'patched' the hole in the protection or compromised it for good.

As far as I'm concerned since Avid have moved to the subscription model there have been no major worthwhile updates other than DAW catchup stuff like freeze, most folks will be quite happy sticking at v12 with all the wonderful plugins that were released.

5. luki3

luki3 Member

Regardless of the hardware, the software made to the world warez.
    They would say that to try to keep their customers.

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Pixie is a man? :woot::crazy::mad:

7. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  8. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Also, for instance, people using AudioUtopia's posts won't care if the last updated v5.06 was released if the main and only improvement is a new iLok protection code since v5.05 works just well.
    Even legit users of iLok protected products are happy that cracked versions were released since they work better without iLok.
    Others just have it all for free...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  9. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

That's was a "hidden" request... there's nothing wrong with it, it's one of the best convolution reverbs, with shedload of real world sampled acoustic spaces, not some lame beta testers created bundled nonsense.

10. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

[​IMG]

11. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

It will be interesting to see how this ultimately plays out.

12. Rollins

Rollins Member

It is already out there, so no need to request it. But yeah, I can't wait to see how all this ends up. Will we see an even "dumber" attempt at protection, or will companies accept that the dongle-idea is a stupid idea?

13. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

They know all CP is futile in the end, but that doesn't completely matter to them. They just want to try to protect their product as long as they can. They're just futilely holding off the inevitable and most of the time it's at the expense of their paying customers and even potential customers.

14. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Seems like waves has got something that's working so far with there waves central Shit'' we'll see how long that lasts to hopefully not long

15. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

This might just push companies into that online monthly subscription-type business model. Yukk. :sad:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

'Pace' is what the powers that be are doing in their conference room.
    [​IMG]

17. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Can someone explain to me how a subscription model is supposed to stop piracy?

18. trrtac

trrtac Member

you are off topic! but...

take Avid's PT12:
    If you really need a product, you have paying customers/fans/sponsors (call them as you want)
    rent it for like: $25/month a low low price if you really use it to make a living
    for that price you get:
    legit 100% working, latest version product
    support?
    you can't stop piracy, just curb it

19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I always felt topic rigidity was overrated. Conversation should be allowed to evolve. :like:

Thanks for the answer

20. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Pace so far is like this, because there is not a single meaningful crack out there apart from some outdated plugins and some sh**y sample library. They're likely looking over their shoulder, but they are definitely still the king of the mountain.
    Because a "coming soon" swagger proved to be a highly unreliable source to take seriously regarding pace's fall. With "emulater" it will work, well I'll crack Pace and it will work... a person has put his money where his mouth is...
    Edit: I've meant eLicenser not Pace...
    [​IMG]