iLok.com Tech Support response to iLok2 crack

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Don't ask for Mac. Just get yourself a halfway decent windows lappy, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 and an Ethernet cable and there you go on your Mac with every VST AudioUtopia has released so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

Do you still believe in ? Hope you are right but first try was not really concluding and very limited...

3. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

Yes Hans242, that's what i have but IMO, mixing via Ensemble Pro is really complicating process and workflow.... :-/

4. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

You don't need to mix in VEP. Just mix in Ableton, Logic or Cubase on your Mac with VEP inserted just like a normal effect, but on your windows machine via your Ethernet cable. However there's a small latency, but in the mixing process that doesn't really matter. And every daw compensates that anyway. If not, there are some tricks to make your daw compensate the latency.

5. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

What i was telling in fact ids that it slows your workflow... I mean... ok doing this for all your reverb for exemple is ok... you send your signal to bus, bus to VEP, to reverb and back.... ibut if u do this for each track (Comp EQ etc....) each time you wanna set a plug u change computer (not same mouse/keyboard etc..). let's face the truth it is slower than having everything on your tracks directly... but i will definitely have a try for "send" effects which u "touch" less. (also reverb won't have to manage with mac processors....so)
    :)

6. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Some developers are already quitting iLok.

I've just read on GS that Empirical Labs is postponing the launch of their Distressor plugin because they were planning to use iLok. Now they'll have to take some extra time to implement another copy protection mechanism.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11594769-post182.html

7. bergamot

bergamot Member

Hack program which was under the protection ilok - ilok itself is not compromised - do not think that very funny ? hacked 1 was not what the plug-in broke-broke ALL the TOP bundles)))and ilok not compromised-for it patch prepare (programs are opened through the "hole") the feeling that their company is under "break ilok" means physical damage)))))))))))))))

8. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Ok, I agree. Your workflow will get slower, that's for sure. But we already got lots of great stuff here and I think you can do a lot of professional work with the plug ins we already have from R2R and HEXWARS. And well, if you still want some Phoenixverb sweetness, you can now insert it with VEP and the win lappy. Just single plugins for sure, not dozens on every channel. That's totally correct. But hey, this is only a workaround but a good one for bridging the days until AudioUtopia for MAC anyway. :)

9. Carface

Carface Noisemaker

I see, they still are at the first stage.
    Denial !
    Next will be anger ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

I don't think you will see mac versions any time soon.
    The man him self who done the job said he does not have a mac, meaning not experienced with mac unix codes.
    So until a mac man receives the knowledge of what was done for the windows stuff and port it, Macs will not celebrate.

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

there was enough time for AU to make backups of all Ishit protection software, which could be possible cracked with this method. thats why its important to keep a method long enough private and secret, something some people will never understand here around.

pace should face it, their crappy wrapper has been cracked and removed to restore slim plugins again with new resources being wasted.

the system wasnt defeated, it was removed fully. the wrapper is like upx or any other protector, it adds another layer, which needs to unpack the real executed code in the memory and this everytime, this only happends if you either have a ishit key or for the more lite layer an account on the ishit page with the licenses inside.
    the protection layer always eats resources, so they told BS as they said its exactly that fast as unprotected.

anyway they lost the battle!
    (i did read a papar about how ishitv1 was defeated in 2007, dont think the method is now so total different? well)
    anyway there is no total secure protection on this planet, its a matter of time and ideas to win over it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. tone

tone Member

I have a question. Do all the openssh plugs that were released for mac use ilok1 or do some use ilok2, but, just poorly implemented?

edit: For example, softube, eventide, etc...

13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Affected Developers should request a refund :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

I honestly don't get the whole freak out factor with software protection. How much money do devs actually lose to pirated software? The 16 year old kid making beats in his bedroom may use pirated software but he certainly would not have payed thousands of dollars for it if it wasn't cracked. If audio software were 100% protected, that kid would make music with free stuff. I buy the stuff I really like and I bet many others do as well....and this is just a hobby. Using "try before you buy" has allowed me to hone my skills and make me an educated buyer. The majority of those who make money in audio buy all of there software! I'm curious to see what Cockos makes on Reaper which is virtually free compared to what they would have made if it were protected. My 2 cents...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

Certain plugins deserve to be bought. e.g The AirEQ $149 . Certain plugins deserve to be cracked them downloaded e.g altiverb

16. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

what's wrong with the altiverb company?

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i think people would buy it, but not when its including an ilok2 in the deal.

so the AiREQ guy invested pre 40k$ into making his EQ secure?
    how much of a guy you need to be to invest that much money into such a protection and then earning like 20k? dont think he makes that much?!

easy example:
    would anybody of you ever bought sylenth1 as it was bundle with an ilok? i guess i never would/had ever.

but the best argument i read was from a gearslut: (let me rephrase from my mind)
    he wrote that now the exclusivity goes away, because now everybody can use the unloked plugins!
    o.0 what? best argument in ages and the laugh is still echoing in the ether.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

We @ the top of the echelon, never thought the minions would come amongst us. How dare thee. Damn Bedroom Producers with acne and an arsenal of VSTs. I really wonder what goes on, in the minds of these top tier producers?

19. PumasNFatLaces

I feel like this when the big wigs get the sword.......
    Am I wrong?

20. PumasNFatLaces

Let's clarify this topic in one sentence. Have you heard any producers mad about the cracked ilok, probably not. They understand that, it is not the tools in your toolbox, but the the man using those tools. Do Work!