ilok 2

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by stevejobs, Dec 26, 2011.

1. stevejobs

stevejobs Newbie

Has anyone ever wondered about the mysterious circumstances surrounding the ilok 2 release? As if in the same year xVx seemingly prevailed as HE-MAN master of our domain, defender of all that is righteous and imminent, literal "giver of life" for some such as myself - the team that single handedly raped the attention and changed the face of the proprietary product and business model of the Avid conglomerate within the release of HD without hardware, Pace and Avid quietly adopt a new protection scheme funneled in the release of a few new products within months after the code had been destroyed? Granted, although highly feasable Avid and Pace would have the rNd, capital and time at their disposal to achieve such a feat, highly unlikely.. Unless - a contingency had been drafted and prepared long in advance incase anyone had the brilliant madness to deploy the atomic bomb. AiR is cunning in the sense that their releases trickle slowly, unbeknownst and off the 'urgency' radar allowing what gains they have made to be milked and harvested for whatever reasons they may be - but the ga me has permanently been changed. And the rules broken, and rewritten. The time for xVx to strike is now. You've done wonderful and magical thing... I have the opportunity to achieve what I dream without being pillaged left and right, paying for my dues once I have the sweet taste of success finally under my belt. - Before another contingency is prepared and the cycle renewed - the time to strike is now!

3. audio81

audio81 Newbie

say wot :dunno:

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Silly fan boi, that team quit a long time ago

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

did you read what he sad read it agin and think about it

6. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!!!!

7. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

I can't stop laughing!!! :rofl: :rofl:

8. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

The Teams Eventually will Prevale, but in the meantime its gonna be a long wait

9. redback

redback Newbie

The part that I found interesting in this post is the implication that AIR and others may hold back on releases that crack newer protection schemes in order to reap the most widespread benefits from the work done on cracking those releases . . that's not something that had occurred to me before . .

If it is, as you describe it, a cat-and-mouse game between developer and cracker then there is definitely value in giving the developers the impression that you are much further behind them than you really are . . and I imagine that's why some releases are not distributed . . . like Cubase 6 :bleh:

However, if you think Pace had a contingency plan to bring in iLok 2 when needed what makes you think that they are not prepared for the next step? Obviously consumers won't accept a new hardware dongle any time soon but they may have something else up their sleeve . . . I don't know enough about the scene really to have much of an educated opinion but I do know that If I was a developer I wouldn't necessarily be implementing the highest level of protection that I could at any one time, but rather just enough to stay ahead and make things harder for the teams . . . to keep them busy . .

In many ways the harder the protection schemes are to crack the harder the teams have to work and the more they learn about the techniques used by mobs like Pace . . . I see it as being in Pace's best interests to not show all their cards at once and rather to attempt to stay one, if not a couple of steps ahead of the teams . . . if there's any truth to that then the only thing 'striking now' will achieve is forcing the whole game to the next level!?

Again, I don't know much about the scene so just thinking out loud . . . interesting topic though!