IK Multimedia TRacks 5

Discussion in 'Software News' started by coolbeanz, Sep 14, 2017.

1. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

I'm just gonna put this here.

• Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Looks awesome. Kinda always been partial to IK stuff. Don't know why I like them? There stuff isn't the greatest! But IK is affordable and good enough sounding for me! Looks like a great update!

4. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Awesome, my go-to got a beautiful upgrade! I'm digging the resizable flat design interface, new processors, and all the goodies I'm already familiar with in a cleaner bigger space. I'm in!

5. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Took them some time to figure out that the dinosaur logo looks like shit, huh? it's probably going to improve the sound a lot.

(Still not gonna use it)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

The Behringer of mastering plugins gets updated with a new resizable look. No thanks.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

What do you guys think of their STEALTH LIMITER?
    To my ears it sounds very good, but my ears are worth nothing

8. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

IK Multimedia has announced T-RackS 5, a major new version of the powerful mix and master modular system.

T-RackS has been remastered with 4 all-new processors for a total of 38 high-quality modules. Other features include an improved audio engine, a complete broadcast-ready professional metering suite, a new completely redesigned, resizable interface as well as an album assembly section with multi-format export.

4 New Processors:

1. Master Match - a new type of plug-in that automatically matches the sound of your mixes using up to 3 different reference tracks with no engineering skills required.
    2. Dyna-Mu vari-mu compressor/limiter - based on an iconic American coveted piece of hardware that can impart an audible magic which glues a mix together.
    3. EQual digital equalizer - a 10-band, ultra-clear, high-end parametric equalizer with curves of analog British and American EQs.
    4. ONE mastering processor - an "all-in-one" solution including an EQ, compressor, analog harmonic exciter and low-end enhancer for quick and easy professional results.
    The all-new interface is designed so you can achieve everything from within a single window, smoother and faster than ever. Plus, it's fully resizable at will, meaning that you can exploit the full size of your screen when working with it.

T-RackS 5 is more sonically powerful than ever with a new engine supporting audio up to 192kHz / 32-bit floating point, so you can master for high-definition music platforms and distribution without ever leaving its interface.

Also included is a comprehensive suite of metering tools – a new precision loudness LUFS meter, compliant with all leading professional reference standards, Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range meters, a spectrogram, a real-time analyzer, along with phase and correlation meters to help visually spot frequency imbalances and phase problems you might need to address.

In T-RackS 5 you now can sequence and assemble your full-length production directly within the interface and create a cohesive album sequence, with suitable track metadata, like pauses, fades, track ID's, ISRC codes, CD-Text, etc.

T-RackS 5 is expected to ship in October 2017 and can be pre-ordered now at special introductory pricing starting at €99.99 excl. VAT.

9. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

i'd be happy if they'd make the Lurssen Mastering Console in the same manner as TRackS 5, where one is able to have complete control of the internal modules instead of just two knobs & a bunch of presets.

10. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

T racks no quality? Omg! :dont:
    They have some of the best emulations in the market. For example? The La2a emulation is one of the best in the market guys:dunno:
    One more? The Eq 432 is a classic and it's used by a lot of mastering engineers:guru:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i always liked that they have m/s processing in all their plugins.

12. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

And not to mention the another great stuff as modo bass or amplitube :dunno:

13. mild pump milk

Oh yeah, and do not forget Lurssen Mastering Console to mention as the best one, after which you can credit your songs as "Mastered by Lurssen and me"))
    Lurssen Mastering Console is not so bad, extra analog emulated polish, but this is not a big thing after T-Racks. Seems like T-Racks getting better. And why not just include LMC into T-Racks? Probably nobody would say so many bad about LMC, and T-Racks would be complete and bigger and way better with included LMC.

14. mild pump milk

15. TW

TW Guest

Their stealth limiter was actually for quite some time one of the best transparant limiters on the market. And the other emulations are definitely on par with other big names in the business.
    I love the resizeable gui. Finally a nice looking resizable gui.

Cant wait to "try before buy" this ... :)

16. mild pump milk

More detailed info about v5

[​IMG]

IK Multimedia is proud to announce T-RackS 5, a cutting-edge mixing and mastering system for Mac® and PC, will be available in October 2017 and is now open for pre-order. T-RackS 5 is the most powerful mix and master modular system ever, offering maximum versatility with 4 all-new processors for a total of 38 high-quality modules on a flexible 16 processor series/parallel chain, an unrivalled audio engine, a complete broadcast-ready professional metering section, a new completely redesigned, resizable interface as well as an album assembly section with multi-format export.

IK Multimedia created T-RackS in 1999, and has been leading the way, evolving and expanding the collection while setting an industry standard and crafting some of the world's best sounding plug-ins for professional applications. It's no coincidence that thousands of top-charting records have been made using T-RackS. Now T-RackS 5 has been re-mastered to be more powerful than ever before providing everything necessary to take raw mixes to a perfect finished product ready for digital delivery or CD printing.

A growing collection

In T-RackS 5 there are now 38 incredible modules to choose from to build the perfect studio setup including 4 all-new additions to the collection:

The Master Match module is a new type of plug-in that automatically matches the sound of a mix with up to 3 other reference tracks using highly sophisticated algorithms. Thanks to this new powerful module, it's easy to create great sounding masters without the need for any previous audio engineering experience or specialized skills.

Based on an iconic American coveted piece of hardware, the new Dyna-Mu vari-mu compressor/limiter is praised for its subtle but instantly recognizable sonic fingerprint. Thanks to its transformers and all-tube modelled heart, it can impart an audible magic which glues all the parts of a mix together.

The new EQual digital equalizer is a 10-band, ultra-clear, high-end parametric equalizer with an extremely transparent sound, a full-screen resizable interface for ultra-precise editing and a vast array of filter shapes that replicate the typical curves of legendary British and American analog EQ's. This "hybrid monster" offers the best of both worlds: digital precision with ultra-detailed editing and on-demand analog character.

Conceived as an "all-in-one" solution, the new ONE mastering processor has been designed for easy, streamlined and straightforward audio finalization. It includes an EQ, compressor, analog harmonic exciter, low-end enhancer and limiter that will let anyone achieve professional quality results in a snap.

Work with flexibility
    T-RackS 5 offers the freedom and flexibility to optimize the mixing and mastering setup with 3 working environments:

- The standalone suite makes T-RackS 5 a complete, self-contained, one-stop mixing and mastering workstation that allows users to load a set of audio tracks and perform several operations.

- The plug-in suite provides nearly all the standalone mode features within the environment of a DAW as the most powerful channel strip or mastering chain available today as a plug-in.

- All T-RackS processors (including metering) can also be used as single plug-ins in any compatible DAW for multi-track mixing and stereo mastering duties.

New streamlined, resizable interface
    The all-new graphic user interface is designed to control everything from a single window, smoother and faster than ever. Plus, it's fully resizable, meaning it can utilize up to the full size of a display. The new flexible chain view allows the modules to be dropped into the 16-processor series/parallel signal chain at will directly from the sidebar carousel showing all T-RackS available modules.

Audiophile-grade audio engine
    More sonically powerful than ever, T-RackS 5 now supports audio up to 192kHz / 32 bit floating point, with mastering for high-definition music platforms and distribution without ever leaving its single interface, including 4 dithering options to choose from. The internal resampling engine delivers nothing less than best-in-class performance including DDM (Digital Delivery Mastering) on the output from the final limiting stage, offering an additional layer of protection against inter-sample peaks and overshoots.

Broadcast-ready metering
    T-RackS 5 includes a comprehensive suite of metering tools that provide immediate and complete visual information about the audio material content. The new precision loudness LUFS meter is compliant with all leading professional reference standards for music delivery or broadcasting. Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range meters provide useful information about the dynamic response of mixes. The spectrogram, real-time analyser, phase and correlation meters also help to spot frequency imbalances and phase problems. M/S meters included gather information about the relations between the mono and the stereo content. Additionally, T-RackS 5's new metering section can be launched as a separate floating window.

Album assembly
    Now it's possible to assemble a full-length production directly within the T-RackS 5 interface and create an album sequence with suitable track metadata including pauses, fades, track ID's, ISRC codes, CD-Text and more, then export single high quality master audio files or the whole project in various formats such as WAV, AIF and standard DDP image for replication or Wav Cue files.

Pricing and availability
    T-RackS 5 is expected to ship in October 2017, and will be available in both free and paid versions.

T-RackS CS - Custom Shop version available free of charge
    T-RackS 5 - includes 9 modules for $/€ 149.99*
    T-RackS 5 Deluxe - includes 22 modules for $/€ 299.99
    T-RackS 5 MAX - includes 38 modules for $/€ 499.99
    T-RackS 5 MAX crossgrade for $/€ 299.99 (with any registered IK product $/€ 99.99 and up)

T-RackS 5 can be pre-ordered now at special introductory pricing of only $/€99.99 for T-RackS 5, $/€199.99 for T-RackS 5 Deluxe, $/€329.99 for T-RackS 5 MAX and $/€ 199.99 for T-RackS 5 MAX crossgrade (with any registered IK product $/€99.99 and up).

* All prices excluding taxes

For more information, please visit: IK Multimedia | T-RackS 5

17. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

What´s iconic american piece is based?:sad:
    The one seems nice:yes:

18. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    I'd say it's the Stereo Variable MU Limiter Compressor from Manley?

19. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Agree, also, I've gotten to where I favor the 1176 from them over any other. It just adds a sizzle that others don't. Couple that with the Olonga MOJO 1176 no compression, and it's pretty sweet sounding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Reginaldo doratioto

Reginaldo doratioto Newbie

Hi everyone, I have problems here with T-RackS 5 windows 7 64 bit, module one is increasing the CPU in the stalk with flstudio 12 when mecho in the foci and others buttons. De-Esser when I change the frequencies is popping up. the Brickwall limiter too.
    I'm new here if anyone can report with the developers. appreciate

21. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

After being here and reading lots of threads I understood that "Some of the users here complain about everything, from Slate digital and Izotope to waves and now T racks." They act like company agents that wanna sell their products. Let them think what they think, do not take them seriously. :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017