IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. imperial666

imperial666 Newbie

@funkdialout Could I have them as well please? I sent you a pm :)

2. VanAlien

VanAlien Newbie

3. VanAlien

VanAlien Newbie

4. benjazz31

benjazz31 Newbie

Lorsque j'ai acheté ma pédale Tonex d'occasion, l'ancien propriétaire a demandé à IK de transférer la licence. Ensuite, mon vendeur m'a donné le numéro de série que ikmultimedia lui avait renvoyé par e-mail. Cela a pris quelques jours, mais ça a fonctionné. Je crois avoir lu quelque part que les transferts de licences sont limités à 3 maximum ?

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

Si l'ancien propriétaire n'utilisait QUE ToneX sur son compte, il peut aussi vous donner directement le compte IK complet.
    Vous changez le mail ET le mot de passe, et c'est réglé.
    Aucun transfert nécessaire.

Le principal problème dans ce genre de situation, c'est de pouvoir communiquer avec un vendeur conciliant.
    En lui rappelant que le transfert fait parti de la vente a part entière, comme tout matériel lié a un compte en ligne.

6. Rolnight

Rolnight Newbie

Bonjour et merci d'avoir pris le temps de me répondre seulement c'est un peu plus compliqué , le vendeur n'a jamais enregistré ça pédale et elle viens d un bstock de chez thotho et est toujours sous garantie,
    Donc après avoir joint sav thotho est échangé un bon paquet de mail (des jours de palabres) avec eux ils finissent par me répondre c'est ok ! "on a joint ikmultim... et ils ont réinitialiser la clés" mais en faite nan! Rien a changé et malheureusement ça fonctionne toujours pas ! A-hhhhhhhhh j'en ai marre et maintenant je vais chercher d'autres méthodes...
    Mais merci de vos conseils.
    bon weekend cordialement...

7. Rolnight

Rolnight Newbie

Bonjour et merci mais la clés n'a soit disant jamais été enregistré donc aucun transfert de licence le problème c'est un bstock donc je pense que le 1er acquéreur a lui pris la clés avant de renvoyer le pédalea thotho et eux la rendent sans contrôler donc je vous avoue que j'hésite à faire pareil pour récupérer une clés .
    Après plusieurs mails car devais être réglés mais nan ça fonctionne toujours pas!

8. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

9. benjazz31

benjazz31 Newbie

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. infraK

infraK Newbie

Can someone please send me the unshared captures as well? Thank you.

11. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

I think that is for the third owner of the pedal
    There is a thread about it on TGP
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...l-your-tonex-pedal-its-very-easy-now.2475342/

At first they couldn't even transfer the software licence if they wasnt happy with the pedal and wanted to sell it.
    So after some massive protest on TGP to Peter at IK Multimedia they change it so it was easy to transfer the licence to next owner of the pedal.
    However i guess IK didn't calculated that so many second owners would sell the pedal again so they added a transfer fee for the software.
    So if you wanna buy a second hand Pedal and also want the licence to ToneX Max make sure you are the second owner otherwise you have to pay for the transfer of the licence.

Or if the seller agree to pay the transfer fee? but that usually means you have to pay a much higher price for the pedal.

12. jefft

jefft Producer

Looking to buy a legit copy of Tonex Max, software only, Andersons are selling it for £149 (https://www.andertons.co.uk/ik-multimedia-tonex-max) but everywhere else is selling it at £249+, am I looking at the wrong version or what... any explanation welcome

13. Davman

Davman Producer

I would wait until they have an offer like on Black Friday. Last September I bought both Tonex Max and Amplitude Max for the combined cost of £129. By they I mean IK and not Andertons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. storming heaven

storming heaven Member

Really wonder if we will ever get another updated profile-sharing batch. (not the paid ones, but the ones that are uploaded to free-for-all Tonex servers). When compared to paid ones, there are really good ones out there, and the download limit unfortunately is a big letdown in that regard. Once you filter out the bad profiles (which are obvious once you know the certain usernames) there are lots of good gems there.

15. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

@storming heaven
    It is the same with any profiling solution (Kemper, Mooer MNRS ...) : find the right profile maker, and even free ones, and stick to it.

On Mooer MNRS, the best profiles are made by Anthony Class ... for free.
    I deleted everything else.

On ToneX, try the last profiles of each "big" profile makers, if they suck ... just delete everything from them.
    You will clear a lot and fast :winker:

16. storming heaven

storming heaven Member

Yep, that's actually what I am doing. A little bit of SQL knowledge helped me weed out bad profiles. After all that bıg profile sharing, back at the end of last year, I think I have everything I need, sound-wise, at the moment but still, when I browse newly-shared profiles on Tone.net, I go 'Damn, it would be great to have THAT one too.' LOL. It's bad to have digital GAS. :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

In my opinion Tonex MAX only makes sense if you really want the included IK captures. Tonex SE provides everything you need as the best captures are third party or free on tone.net anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

On my side, i stopped ToneX,NAM,THU rig player ... too much choice AND static captures with no REAL setting

Now i use only AmpHub : enough choice AND settings AND "profiler feeling" dynamic.
    the best of both worlds : white box AND black box

Capture feeling AND real amp settings
    NO, i don't need thousands captures and spend more time finding the good one.

Just Amphub and Meridian amp, with real settings.
    To me, profiling is already dated and too cumbersome because profiling is static by nature.

Time for hybrid black/white box.

As a side note, AmpHub already do it and THU Overloud is going this way with their last amps.
    It is a logical move ... and fast move since ToneX/NAM.

19. jefft

jefft Producer

What I really wanted to know was Are these two products the same and why the massive price difference

Attached Files:

20. Webdude41

Webdude41 Noisemaker

It is no difference. some sites just dont give deals. Do you have jam points at IK? it' gives up to 30% off.