IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

come on share those captures

2. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

That's it finally ! After months of tutorial tweaking, I made a video about how to manage ToneX databases. I had to make it legit-compliant, but it's very close to my written tutorial in here. So good for importing profiles coming from the full databases someone released on sister site :)

I had a talk with Kluster, it's just the first (free) profiles of each collection that he's talking about. No glitch in the Matrix for now !

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. avenocturno

avenocturno Noisemaker

Thx a lot Max!

4. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

I can't help but doubt that this one is easy enough to use with sister site databases. Still useful to understand what all the fuss is about, but I need to make another one done quick (less than 5mn without philosophical explanations) dedicated to moving profiles from an archive. Still will be legit compliant, but more adapted for you guys. No TTS voiceover, just the process done by me in real time, and today already if possible. I'll keep you posted

5. avenocturno

avenocturno Noisemaker

U & your friends has done an impressive job.

6. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

And now a version more adapted to sister site DBs and R2R ToneX ! If you're in this case, please ignore the 2 notes in red in the video, that are dedicated to legit users. My job here is done, I think nothing more is to add anymore. The only case would be that CodeFN42 updates ToneXdb Explorer to include profiles moving, so we can get rid of that damn SQLiteStudio !

Thanks for the support guys

7. zib

zib Platinum Record

Did you ask the developper ?
    Link for forumers : https://www.codefn42.com/tonexdbexplorer/index.html

8. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

OK I didn't think about doing that. I just sent them a message. I don't expect much as it's a free software, but if they implement a possibility to move profiles from one DB to another, it would simply be a perfect software.

9. zib

zib Platinum Record

I wonder if they can do that easily. Tell us if they answer @MaxSxB
    @MaxSxB conversation privée relancée, merci...
    @izn444nz I started a private conversation with you. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  10. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

You poor mac users, left alone with a tutorial including a software you can't use, papa thought about you and cooked you a special tutorial to work with SQLiteStudio only !

11. avenocturno

avenocturno Noisemaker

:rofl:THX!!, i'm not usually a Mac user but iI like to study all!

12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Hi, just want to ask about all the TONEX presets shared on the sister's site. I figured it will update the Library.db file the moment you added it to TONEX. So, when a new TONEX db file released here, will that all be included by default now ? I hope so though. I know a lot of the guide have been posted about how to do it but I really like those db releases and been using the newest update once it is shared here. Hopefully all those presets shared at the sister's site will be included too because it will be gone once you changed Library.db on every update. I wish I could explain it clearly but I guess most of you understand it. Cheers.

13. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

Sadly that's not how it works. Imagine you buy a 24-pack of Heineken beer, you drink 3 and put 3 Coronas inside. Then you go to the shop and by another 24-pack of Heineken, there won't be any Corona inside :rofl:
    Seriously now, there is no way to simply update DB files without following the guides, you will need to either append your current database with new profiles, or add presets again on each release. I know it requires work, but if you simply want to add new releases without filtering what you want to import, the process is immensely faster and can be in SQLite only. Just sort by release date, copy everything after the last date in your main library, and paste it into your main library. Guaranteed 2mn task, not more.
    I don't think presets will ever be included, first I don't think suppliers are the same, and then the tonenet DBs are kinda free content whereas presets are clear piracy.

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

too complicated. Figured that select all, export, works. Just re-add it back on every Library.db update I guess.

15. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

Dafuq that's actually super easy indeed ! I counted 10 clicks lmao. Thanks for the tip !

16. Kama Sutra

Kama Sutra Noisemaker

I have a problem with presets.

When I change the name of a preset on my hard drive and import it to Tonex, it is just ignored and the original name shows up. How can I make Tonex import the preset with the name I changed?

17. zib

zib Platinum Record

Moderation have killed this brilliant topic

18. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

10 years later, you have 2 ways :
    - The dumb way : load your preset, save it again under another name xD (by dumb I mean the process, not the person, don't cancel me ! ToneX should include this renaming feature tbh)
    - The geek way : Change the name directly in your Library.db file with SQLiteStudio, in the Tag_PresetName column. And don't forget to to hit the check button to validate

Well since sister site got regular tone.net updates... there's not much more to say :/ We can still b**ch about missing features, like these :
    - Combining tone models and custom IRs into a preset. Presets are awfully useless in my opinion, since gain/eq/kobs in general are emulated bahavior. Yes it includes comp and reverb but yeah... so much more potentional. With time I understood why : they don't want to step to much on Amplitube's ground. With ToneX you get an Amplitube CS license, there you can do the combining thing. Marketing strategy !
    - GIVE ME A HECKING L/R PAN SLIDE/KNOB FFS (yes I like playing in 1 ear only, producer thing)
    - GIVE ME A HECKING STEREO MODE FFS (why not with 2 different profiles for each ear)
    - GET A PROPER IR MANAGER FFS

Positive note of the day : I recently started to play with a light reverb (the one in ToneX), and it's really awesome. You can simulate a room 100% accurately, I really feel like I have a real cab next to me. Great job on this one IK

There, this was a poor attempt to revive a dead topic :D

19. zib

zib Platinum Record

20. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Oh that must REALLY be placebo no reverb so far has got me to feel like i have a real cab in the room and noone ever will unless you do HAVE a cab in the room as for what i know most? well maybe all? people have their monitors leveled to the ears (you know the triangle method?) not on the floor like you have a cab and further more very few use 10/12 " speakers :) so get a reverb to sound like a cab on the floor is not gonna happen.