IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Rock2112

Rock2112 Member

I am finding the whole ToneNet and library management thing to be a scheme that "looked good on paper" but needs major revision to be usable long term. Even if IK figures out how to speed the software launch from large saved libraries, there are still problems with the learning curve on capturing. Example: I uploaded my first captures to ToneNet, just basically jazzed that I pulled it off, only to later realize they were too muddy and boomy. I re-captured the same amp and channels with some revisions to the approach and the new captures were much better. I uploaded those too, but now my older captures are sitting on ToneNet and I can't remove them. Now multiply me by many users. The current ToneNet offerings are filled with "learning curve" captures. Finding the best ones is now like looking for a needle in a haystack. Top 10 lists and recommendations are purely a function of marketing and exposure, not quality. And that problem is growing every day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

They need to limit the presets created for ToneNet that blow out ears. It's ridiculous.

3. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

Not quite easy to use yet and a poor base of profiles until now but the potential of this vst is big

4. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

No it's not
    They have the same name but they are different size

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  5. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Anyone got the FULL version of Library.db?

Been trying to merge the old and new versions but it's not that straightforward..

6. Soori

Soori Newbie

I had a few problems on my own with this & was helped by the kind members of this forum.

They are differences to the the last 3 columns on the right between the March 6th & March 7th files.
    March 6th
    Favorites
    VisibaleInCs
    DateAdded

The order of the fields in the db March 7th & onward ) is:
    DateAdded
    Favorites
    VisibaleInCs

Use SQLiteStudio to rearrange the last 3 columns on the right to match both db from both dates..
    Save each db.

Using SQLiteStudio add as many new rows as you want ( can take time & memory if it's a very high number )
    using the add multiple rows option ( green plus sign in the data view )
    Save the db.

Open the file in DB Browser for SQLite as I was not able to get SQLiteStudio to show more than a 1000 entries.
    Open another instance of DB Browser for SQLite and load the db you want to add.
    Copy & Paste into the empty rows ( not copying the number on the left hand side ).
    The best thing comes now but it will commit the db to file so be careful ! ! !
    Go to tools, use Compact database.
    That's it.
    File is saved & is smaller in size.
    Loads faster as well.

Hope this helps.
    I used a few replies from other members which helped me get to this solution
    so any thanks are for them them as well.

Good Luck & make some noise !

7. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Obviously this is too complicated for me. I open dbbrowser and I see nothing of the sort. Mine has 32 columns in sqlitestudio anyway. I would probably need to see a video of this to even hope to understand. I need someone to hold my hand lmao. Thanks!

8. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

This is where I am. Maybe it would be easier for the dum-dums like Cosmic and me to have a kid's table where we get the entire library every update. Is this possible Rodger? Thanks!

9. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

I agree - I don't mind the rather long load time.. and THANK YOU to Rodger for all that he does here!!

10. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

This is the Full Library (merged) as of now: https://we.tl/t-3xOPjTRKcN

How it is done:
    1. Open the latest Library.db
    2. Export as SQL (Only ToneModels Table, keep column names in insert into, export only data)
    3. Close the database.
    4. Open a text editor that can do search and remove all lines with (IK Multimedia) and save.
    5. Load the old Library.db file.
    6. Go to execute script.
    7. Load the SQL file you saved in step 4.
    8. Hit RUN.
    9. It will stop if there are any duplicate, go to the line marked RED and remove it.
    10. Return to step 8 and when there are no more duplicates, it will be complete.
    11. Use the old Library.db file in Tonex (now it's the full DB)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  11. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Excellent!

When I tried a similar method the GUIDs appeared, but the Data was missing somehow (small size),
    so kudos for that :wink:

As a reminder heres my Noob method to edit Favorites in Bulk:

12. NethBT

NethBT Member

Yeah Maybe it would be nice if Rodger will give us 2 download Options , [A] the consolidated [including the latest] ultra large tone database or The Database after March 3.... whichever we want to install, I also dont mind the slow loading times, deal with it, live with it

I don't know if we're asking too much though, lol...anyways were extremely lucky to have him here

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  13. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

That method I described can be a script that runs from time to time.
    Get the files, merge and upload. I'll see when I can do this.

14. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

One month today since my Tonex pedal arrived.
    Still haven't hooked it up to the computer.
    I modify a patch and then play it for hours.
    I'm 71 patches in and have modified 20.
    Being a high-gain guy, I boost gain, treble and presence until the noise kicks in and then I adjust and use the noise gate.
    Noise depends a lot on the quality of the capture.
    The sound is great for high-gain, ripping and chunky.
    Don't need 7,000 questionable amp captures but I'll look for quality high-gain ones when I run out of onboard ones or want to replace the wimpy patches.
    This cheap piece of gear has inspired me more than anything else I've gotten for ages.
    Even had to change strings:woot:twice:woot::woot:

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

You can remove it on the ToneNet website.

16. mopoge

mopoge Noisemaker

Well, well, well...now we have another amp profiling unit out with the HeadRush Prime! And it looks like they've also thrown in everything but the kitchen sink in this model:

I could definitely hear some differences between the amp clone vs. the real amp in the above video (and also in SDS' Prime video) while I had a harder time hearing differences in the most recent ToneX captures.

Cool thing is that the profiling seems more like the Kemper in that you don't need an external computer and the profiling is quick.

I wonder how dedicated HeadRush is going to be with software updates in its cloning technology?

Seems like Line6 better hurry up with their Helix 2 (or whatever their next big thing is going to be called) as this Prime unit looks like a clear hit to their floorboard model.

Thoughts?

• List
  17. Rock2112

Rock2112 Member

You can? Great -- I will give it a shot. I feel like I owe it to the world to not pollute it with muddy captures! But this ability should be built into the Tonex software with a simple "x" click. Otherwise people are unlikely to remove captures they put up and later realize are crap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Okaerinasai

Okaerinasai Member

Way too expensive if you don't need the mic input and FX, at 1200€ you'd be better off just buying a Fractal FM3 or spending more for a Quad-Cortex.

Line 6 UI and features are unmatched on the market right now and the HX Stomp is half the price of the Headrush unit. I really don't think this will change anything for them.

The amp cloning with Headrush I believe is just a port of some Peavey VST from a few years ago so it's obviously not close to the accuracy of AI modelling or even Kemper.
    Capture speed and conveniency is great but if it comes at the cost of accuracy and tone there's no point for it.

Their modelling is fine but still outmatched by L6 and Fractal.

To me it's a huge miss but I'm sure others may love it.:dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Like Like x 12
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • List
  20. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

prime use another "EQ match" : it doesnt WORK
    Even my cheap Mooer GE200 do better (speaking about core tone)