IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

I find it kind of confusing, too. Lmao. It almost seems counterintuitive- but really it is because I am lazy and I want someone to order it for us. Haha.

But I believe the answer to your question is, "yes."

2. Lizard

Lizard Member

Yes, I really think it doesn't make a significant sound difference.

Also I believe they will release the big brother unit sooner than later with all the bells and whistles.
    The question is only at what price point.

3. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • List
  4. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

You are correct if you use the new database library.db it will overwrite the previous larger Library.db
    and all the amps from the previous will not be available
    As Both Librarys are provided for use the idea would be choose the library for use that you seek to use the amp you seek

Hope this helps to clear the confusion:mates:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  5. zib

zib Platinum Record

If I understood well, dansere said that a library just needs to have Black Angus Tonemodel to work properly.
    So you can load various libraries like Rodger's precious ones, or "blues", "high gain"... you built.

6. domino2023

domino2023 Newbie

7. Soori

Soori Newbie

This thread is great & full of good info.
    I have learned a lot.
    Will it be too blunt to ask for a version of the library file with just the AMP and CAB & Complex Rigs items ?
    No stomps, No Amps only, No Stomp&Amp, No bass rigs.
    My attempts to do this with an SQL editor did not work.
    Got a few none working outputs.
    I went thru thru most of the 46 pages of this thread and tried to apply the tips but no go.
    This should reduce the number of items by about 35% to 40% & improve the lunch speed.
    Many thanks in advance for the wizards of good will who can pull this one

8. Lizard

Lizard Member

Just select and delete everything that you don't need and write changes to the library you are editing and use that one. Or delete everything and copy-paste just small selection of captures you want to use from larger libraries and use that one. Open 2 windows at the same time and it takes really short time to do it.

If you are having problems when pasting models ,one of them can be caused if you select the order number. You have to select all the columns starting from GUID on the left leaving the first number untouched. Same thing when you are pasting, select all the columns from the GUID all the way to the right and paste there. You can easily create your own custom library and as new ones are released you just add stuff you want to your custom library from there.

9. Soori

Soori Newbie

Thanks for the tips Lizard.
    Glad to say I was able to delete items I did not want, update the db & it will load.
    Way faster as well !

Pasting is not possible for some reason as the fields order is not not matching.
    The order of the last 3 items of the db ( based on the up to March 6th file ) I edited is:

Favorites
    VisibaleInCs
    DateAdded

The order of the fields in the db ( March 7th & onward ) I want to paste from is:
    DateAdded
    Favorites
    VisibaleInCs

This ( I suspect ) creates an error & will not let me paste the info.
    Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

10. Lizard

Lizard Member

I strongly suspect you have ordinal number also selected when copying and then when you paste it puts it in first left ( GUID ) column. Or not all columns selected so the number is not matching and wrong things go in wrong columns when pasting.

Try this:

1. Select everything in line for one capture, from GUID on the left to VisibleInCS, at the end and copy that. ( keep in mind ordinal number on the left should not be in blue as selected )

2.Go to insert new record button and add a new one.

3.Select everything from GUID to VisibleInCS again in that new one so its blued out ( once again keep in mind ordinal number on the left should not be in blue as selected )

4.Than Paste

5.Go to File/Write Changes

This should work for sure and you shouldn't get not matching column errors if you do it like this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  11. Soori

Soori Newbie

Thank you for the reply Lizard,
    Tried your method above.
    Got the same error.
    However, this time one entry was copied but the data fields are mismatched.
    Meaning to say that the date field for example is "1" instead of the correct info for the date.
    Using DB Browser for SQlite.
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Many Thanks again :thanks:

12. EdgerFriendly

EdgerFriendly Member

Unfortunately the older Library.db file from Rodger has the DateAdded column in a different location than in his newer files (the newer files do match the original IK Multimedia Library.db now at least). So to move data from the old Library.db to the new one requires 3 steps.

1. Select from GUID to Tag_CabModelComment in old style Library.db and paste in new style library.db.
    2. Select both Favorite and VisibleInCS in old and paste in new.
    3. Select DateAdded in old and paste in new.

13. Lizard

Lizard Member

Thanks for this, I dint even noticed it because when I just pasted all it still worked just the dates were not there.
    Do you know what VisibleInCS is ? Also maybe there is a way to rearrange columns ?
    I'm really not good at this

14. EdgerFriendly

EdgerFriendly Member

I'm guessing that VisibleInCS would indicate that the Tone Model would show up in the free CS version of the software. Inasmuch as the sister site provides us with TONEX MAX, that column is most likely irrelevant.

To my knowledge rearranging the column position in a table is not permitted within DB Browser for SQLite.

15. Soori

Soori Newbie

First many thanks for all the comments & suggestions.
    I think the problem is different now.
    If I create 20 new entries, it will paste the first 20 items of information.
    Not copying the last 3 items as suggested.
    Since we are adding the old db to the new, which after it's filtered at about 5481 entries
    and as the time it will take to create all of these new entries on my own clicking a mouse
    ( can be spent playing with a real amp ! :metal:) and as it gets rather technical for guitar player
    ( myself included :beg:)
    does any one knows what it syntax to use the program's execute command
    & have the program add the new entries ?

Many thanks again & in advance for all the information so far.
    I guess you do learn something new every day.

16. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

It's correct.
    I'm using the CS version and when the plugin loads, it sets all models above 20 visibleInCS field to 0, if there are any.

If you set it to 1 with:
    Code:
    update ToneModels set visibleInCS = 1 where VisibleInCs = 0
    while the plugin is open and enable/disable the filter of owned models, all models reappear. So, it's possible to use the library files with CS too, you just need to:
    1. Make the file not writable by the current user after having the models you want, or,
    2. Execute the SQL above everytime you open the plugin.

In my case, I made the file not writable by the user that loads the plugin and just import some models I like with SQL.

17. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

Question about the tonex pedal, can you add any delay o any pedal to the tonex pedal? The video of sonic drive studio says that you can, like export a pedal from tonex vst to the tonex pedal or from the cloud. Is this right?

18. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

digging into tonex there's no delay pedal, well but what about amplitube, to export a preset to the pedal or this is imposible too

19. Buhdurkachomp

Buhdurkachomp Ultrasonic

This isn't about ToneX exactly, but there is a new free profiler. I say "new" but it has been around for quite some time but has consistently gotten better. Right now, with a relatively small capture library, I have tones that are every bit as good or better than ToneX. It's called Neural Amp Modeler or NAM. Its a tad cpu hungry but has some absolutely killer tones. I've seen some comparisons of different modelers like tonex, quad cortex, kemper, etc and the original tube amp sound file and NAM had less error than any of them. I highly recommend checking it out

20. izn444nz

izn444nz Platinum Record

I don't think it's possible to use any Amplitube FX into TONEX plugin or pedal. They probably mean you can use Pedal ToneModels in TONEX but these are OD/DS pedals.