IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. zib

zib Platinum Record

2. zib

zib Platinum Record

ik_multimedia_xg_pedal_tonex_in_tonex_ai_modelling_multi_fx_1673307914_1731531.jpg
    Key Features

• 480 Premium Pedal/Amp/Rig Tone Models
    • Multiple FX from AmpliTube X-TIME Pedal
    • Load up to 300 Separate Tone Models
    • 300 Presets: 100 Banks, 3 Preset Slots

Packed with 480 premium tones, the TONEX Pedal from IK Multimedia is an AI machine modeling and IR loading multi-FX guitar pedal that lets you take thousands of the world's most sought-after amps, cabs, and pedals with you anywhere. The TONEX Pedal is designed to be used either independently or with the entire TONEX ecosystem to provide you with an unlimited supply of sonic inspiration, through assets like the ToneNET online library, and is not only able to load up to 300 separate tone models at any time, but also sports advanced effects like analog-modeled EQ, compression, and stereo reverb derived from the AmpliTube X-TIME pedal

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  3. zib

zib Platinum Record

4. zib

zib Platinum Record

To everyone here : what about sharing everyone's favorite presets, not Tone Models, but just presets ?
    Rodger put (thanks again a library with 6106 Tone Models.
    What do you think about building here a preset community,
    (just picking our best Tone Models, saving them as presets with the Tone Models original name to avoid duplicates ?
    Doesn't matter if we put the same presets. Who is in ?

5. ElecTrick

ElecTrick Producer

price ... ?:guru:

6. zib

zib Platinum Record

7. mopoge

mopoge Noisemaker

So I can't quite tell...does this ToneX hardware also act as a profiling device or does it just store and play profiles?

It looks like it has all the right ingredients of a re-amping device, but I would think the marketing materials would be touting its profiling abilities if it had it.

8. sinmix

sinmix Member

Try my Kraken Capture its very good! inside my free pack: http://www.sinmix.pl/free-stuff/

Stay Metal!

9. sinmix

sinmix Member

10. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

The pedal is a game changer for $500.
    Wish it had an effect loop:(
    Maybe in the next hardware iteration...

11. Davman

Davman Producer

The Tonex pedal is just what I'm looking for with just the right amount of knobs. The thing that puts me off modelers such as my HX Stomp is the amount of tweaking that is required. I'm a simple man who just wants to plug in and play, not learn how to reprogram the Space Shuttle.

12. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

Did someone noticed that the cracked tonex sounds different than the ''og'' one, have one in my pc and one on the other pc and the og one sounds way better, any idea why?

13. ACSlater

ACSlater Newbie

With the same audio interface? Should make no difference or other option is that R2R alter the audio engine, which is highly unlikely.

I'm having trouble after trying the release and later buying the software. It seems that tone.net is still blocked somewhere. Checked my hosts-file and firewall. Is there a domain block in the register that is added while installing the R2R?

Nevermind, it was something that went wrong with the authorizing. It was quite a hassle and one more reason to hate copy protection.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  14. NethBT

NethBT Member

The only way to know is just install both of your Crk'd and Legit copy on identical/same hardware with NO Tone Net access. IK Multimedia can easily sneak in a worm to Fukk Up your audio if they detect your copy isnt legit.

15. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

going to upload later the two versions of the same tonenet model, amp, cabinet etc. Same everything

16. Golde

Golde Ultrasonic

goddamn I gotta admit this is tempting...I like tonex at this point moreso than any other amp sim so the idea I could get the same sound from a pedal is interesting - of course you wouldn't be able to adjust stuff after the initial recording like you can with the plugin, but that's like...life or something.

17. PryKiller

PryKiller Member

''you have reached the limit of tone models you can store with TONEX CS''
    Any solution to this?

I have another account, reinstalled everything with zero tone.net models

18. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. NethBT

NethBT Member

Kinda wished they added just a basic Digital delay knob or something, then again why would they do it, haha after all they want us to buy their X-Time Delay Pedal. I will skip this and wait for a more streamlined robust TONEX with a touchscreen [IF EVER THEY DECIDE TO UPGRADE IT] as I cant see myself using a barebones TONEX pedal when my 16 threaded Laptop can do a lot more and then some.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

VSTs are so good. The sheer variety is crazy. When you use something like GigPerformer or Mainstage, you have the most versatile, and awesome sounding rig imaginable. MIDI controllers are quite cheap these days so it's a really good proposition. I piped some ToneX direct captures into a clean poweramp and real guitar cab the other day and it honestly sounded incredible.