IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Thanks for the hint, but I still can't find it. Maybe I'm still missing it but the link takes me to this page. Damn, my screen shot is not even showing the entire image for some reason.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 at 17-06-39 SendGB Send Large Files Free file transfer.png

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  2. PicPocLeHerisson

PicPocLeHerisson Ultrasonic

On the RIGHT of the screen... (not the left)

;-)

Capture d’écran 2022-10-30 à 18.16.57.png

3. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

When i click on the link it goes from the pasted link quickly to the upload page: https://www.sendgb.com/upload/ and my screenshot didn't capture the right side of the screen when i selected it to, sadly. But, on the right was nothing but the upload menu instead of something to download. This is very strange because clearly I can see the real link at first, it just redirects me to the upload page automatically. So sad,haha.

4. DoctorBlue

DoctorBlue Newbie

Hey guys, first reply on this forum and I read all this thread. I am using an older mac, can I copy this library to my tonex library? Two pages earlier, someone mentioned a link with a mac lib, but it was deleted. A fight started with another user and the link is now gone.

My two cents with the sims. A lot of them sound really good. Most of them still have a digital thing going on. I had previously used Kemper and Mooer GE300. Both sounded really good, with the Mooer a bit more natural than the Kemper. But I sold them and bought some amps. I now want to record using sims, again.
    S-gear. I had bought the S-gear license at some point. Sold it and now downloaded the trial version again. S-gear sounds really good, but the tonal change was not drastic between the amps. The touch response was good.
    Softube Amp Room with the Marshall JMP 79 sounded excellent. One of the best Marshall tones. And the sensitivity/touch response is the best.
    TH-U, initially I was very unimpressed. But it can be tweaked really hard to sound good. I find the touch response not so great. Also, someone on this topic said that you can disable the cab. Of course you can, but, somehow it can still influence the tone. Even if the cab is disabled, you can still select the mikes and, doing so, you will hear the tonal change in the overall sound, while using IRs, of course. Also, the amps tend to sound really close in terms of tonality.
    The Neural sims - I have downloaded their trial versions over time. I liked them, but none made me buy them. I really liked the ambiental stuff (the Plini plugin for example), but I did not like the fact that you have to load them separately and that you don't have a player dedicated to load them all.
    Amplitube 5. Sounds good, but only with IRs. It is also really CPU heavy. My mac is a 2015 model, and, if you record several tracks with A5, it is game over. I have to freeze my tracks and it is really annoying.
    Actually, to be fair, I have always used IRs. Until I came across ToneX. I have played with it for a day and I am really impressed with the cabs.

Now, back to my initial issue, can someone help me?

LE I copied the lib form the previous page. I can only see around 1000 presets. I also get the hissing thing. The app for Mac is not cracked. Help x2 ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  5. Davman

Davman Producer

The one thing that I dislike about guitar software and modelers is that I am forever tweaking with settings trying to get great sounds.
    I can see myself saving up to buy a good tube amp. Less tweaking = more playing. Let's hope the software improves before I save up my money. :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

If you look in your Documents folder>IK Multimedia>ToneX you'll see the library.db file.. Back it up before switching it out, if you like being safe

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. zib

zib Platinum Record

Everyone : I wonder what are your favorite profiles ?
    Thanks Rodger and _ __(-_-)__ _ for hard work on libraries !

9. PicPocLeHerisson

PicPocLeHerisson Ultrasonic

Funny it doesn't display uploader's icon here. (Mac OS Mojave, Tonex 1.02) ...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-31 à 07.54.38.png

(but I don't really care)

Thanks for the amazing work for the library !

10. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

Yeah, loadbox is the way to go in my opinion. It's much harder to mess up the capture because so many external factors are eliminated, mic placement, mic choice, room acoustics etc.

11. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

The reason the uploaders Icon doesn't load is because that is actually stored separately than the library.db, you can find them in a cache folder. You only get them by actually browsing ToneNet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. DoctorBlue

DoctorBlue Newbie

I did that, mentioned it in the LE of my initial post. I am only seeing 1k profiles. The problem is that I am getting the hissing thing every 20 seconds.

14. sakado

sakado Newbie

15. notrace

notrace Producer

16. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  17. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

18. zib