IK Multimedia ToneX - Discussion topic

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Oct 1, 2022.

1. NuncaNada

NuncaNada Newbie

York Audio, nice suggestion, I'd say. :like: But... any preference between the York Audio IR's sample rates? 44.1K? 48K? 96K?
    I'm never sure about which one to load in Amplitube 5, you know. :dunno: I cannot appreciate any deep better/worse diference, you know.
    Cya! :wink:

2. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

44.1K 48K 96K ... is only related to your device (Kemper, Axe FX ...) OR your DAW project sample rate.
    Using 96 kHz on a 44.1 project is only overcharging the CPU for internal conversion.

3. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

I will certainly fix the date field format, that was probably excel doing excel things. As for the placement of the "Version" column, depending on whether people updated to the latest ToneX version, or did a fresh install of the latest ToneX version, their placement will be different.

A fresh install creates a DB with "Version" as column two, an update will add "Version" to the end of the DB. So unfortunately neither placement is the "correct" one. However, I can confirm that simply ticking "Column names in first line" makes the distinction moot as SQLite knows intuitively where to place the data.

As it happens, I deleted all original data and did a fresh install of ToneX and now my db has version in column two, but many people may have an existing db that has it at the end. So I would still recommend ticking ""Column names in first line". This will also avoid that row getting added as a model which is not desirable.

4. zib

zib Platinum Record

Thanks _ __(-_-)__ _ for huge effort !
    спасибо _ __(-_-)__ _ за огромные усилия

(translated by reverso)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Well i record using 48k/24bit so i choose 48k.
    I have experimented with different samplerate in the past
    But the difference sonically was barely heard and i only heard it when i used Amp + IR alone.
    As soon as i added a boost in front of the amp or any effect like delay,mod,reverb to the signalchain i couldnt hear any difference.

6. TheCarlough

TheCarlough Newbie

Hey mate, first, this is GREAT work! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but one of the .csv files has a column in the wrong location.

This one: 2022-10-05_2022-10-20.csv

It has the "Version" column in column G. The other files have this column at the very end - column AE. It's an easy fix on our end. We just need to move the column to the end and then proceed as normal. I found this out as the column names in ToneX will end up being a string of numbers and characters, and when you try to open one of the models, ToneX will crash.

Easy fix though.

7. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

I've moved version over to Column B in all files, it seems like ticking the "Column names in first line" does not appropriately sort the data, so for maximum forward compatibility that is where the version column will be.

More people will start with install of the newest version with the version in column B than those who have upgraded from 1.01 and maintaining a legacy library, for those people they will have to check their db and alter the column position accordingly.

8. Iplaygtr

Iplaygtr Newbie

Hi bwzrd. I have tried your sql hack but did not work on mine. this is what I've tried so far:
    1. step-by-step following sql hack and changed the date format to YYYY-MM-DD, moved the version to 2nd column --> result: Tonex can be loaded but only recognizes my existing amp collections (therefore, does not include the 2000 amps etc). I've tried several times. same result.
    2. same as above, and exported library from one of the contributors. then imported back. - does not work. Tonex crashed.
    3. Copied library.db (downloaded from user here, forgot his name) and replaced library.db - does not work. tonex crashed.

I have also recently upgraded tonex to 1.0.2

do you have any suggestions?
    thx

9. _ __(-_-)__ _

_ __(-_-)__ _ Ultrasonic

Iplaygtr
    Maybe problem with license? Try reactivate Tonex

10. _ __(-_-)__ _

_ __(-_-)__ _ Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Another thing to point out about profiles (Kemper, Mooer MNRS 2,ToneX ...).
    How many are DIGITAL amps captures (plugins, modelers...) OR captures from captures (like ToneX users profiling Kemper profiles) ?

You will never know ... and that's why i will not pay anything (especially at that price) without a free "taster" pack.

When i see ppl pretending to profile 100 amps ... show me your amp wall first :wink:
    Choptones is a perfect example : you see the device in the video (Kemper, GE200 ...) BUT you NEVER see the REAL AMP.

Here is someone serious, with a real amp wall: pure amp p0rn :metal:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  12. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

Are you sure? You dont have to own an amp to profile it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

Seems like you can get "better" results with tonex captures as with the kemper and quad cortex. impressive...

Still not sure how to use tonex. I was hyped about a nice simple gui/player. Now you can not load stompboxes and amps separatly but you can capture them. Needs some work.

Anyway thanks for the hard work and the shared libraries! :mates:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  14. zib

zib Platinum Record

15. Davman

Davman Producer

It's not a lot when compared to how many guitarists with great gear there must be in the World. The downside is going through all of those amps for fear you miss a good one.

16. zib

zib Platinum Record

All we need is a bunch of great tones. I really love KPA models in ToneX.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Too many choice was already a problem with Kemper.
    But when you get the right User doing a good job, it will be on ALL captures.

Search for the right ppl FIRST, you will find best captures.

That's why, on Mooer MNRS (GE200+, Ge Labs ...) i stick with Anthony Class profiles (preamps mainly).
    Around 700 profiles, and for FREE :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. zib

zib Platinum Record

19. bwzrd

bwzrd Producer

Yeah it's so annoying, the majority of the user tone models on ToneNet right now seem to captures of captures or modellers too. Like, I get why you personally may want to do that. But I don't think you need to upload those to ToneNet, it's really drowning real gear. I think IK needs to add a flag that tells you whether it was physical or digital gear so you can filter out the crap.

But yeah, it's very suspicious if someone is selling you captures yet they're not even showing the real gear in a side by side in the demo videos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. _ __(-_-)__ _

_ __(-_-)__ _ Ultrasonic

bwzrd
    As the owner of a Kemper, I can say that this is not a crap. Yes, it's not perfect like all the other digital modelers and they never replace tube amps. But there are such captures where the difference is simply impossible to distinguish. So in vain you are so. Personally, I do not need 100% identity, the character of the sound, punch as a whole is important to me. If the sound is excellent, then it doesn’t matter how it is received and how different it is from the original amplifier.
    Anв yes Kemper has a lot not good profiles and with huge difference but also has great profiles