IK Multimedia Teases Revolutionary New Mastering Product

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jan 8, 2016.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

IK has teamed up with Lurssen Mastering for a revolutionary new approach to mastering.

What do you get when a multi-Grammy award winning mastering studio teams up with the global leader in mobile music creation and production tools?

At NAMM 2016, Lurssen Mastering and IK Multimedia will unveil a totally unique mastering product that brings the finesse, expertise and creative insight of the award winning mastering studio and innovative technological leadership of IK to musicians, producers and engineers around the globe.

Gavin Lurssen is the Chief Mastering Engineer for Lurssen Mastering and has been a mastering engineer since 1991. Gavin is a seven-time Grammy nominee and has won four Grammys and awarded two TEC awards for outstanding facility and for mastering. He is a graduate of The Berklee College of Music in Boston and is a recipient of their Distinguished Alumni Award for his achievements in mastering. Gavin is currently serving a second term as the professional development committee co-chair for the Board of Governors of The Recording Academy (The Grammys).

Gavin has mastered albums for renowned artists such as Foo Fighters, Ben Harper, Queens Of The Stone Age, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Eric Clapton, Miranda Lambert, Rickie Lee Jones and Elvis Costello. The extent of his mastering isn't limited to just music artists. Gavin also worked on the soundtracks from the video game, Titanfall as well as movie soundtracks from Cars 1 & 2, Tangled, The Hunger Games, Crazy Heart, Ratatouille, Nashville TV series and many more.

Want to know what we're unveiling? You'll have to come to the IK Multimedia booth at NAMM, Room 210B for a first-hand glimpse into the future with Gavin Lurssen and the IK team, and to see all of the new industry-leading innovative products from IK Multimedia.

Pricing and Availability: TBA

More INFO: IK Multimedia

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Let me guess: another all-in-one Waves style, a one knob only stuff or a iZotope Ozone clone... or an entire mixer console in a box.

4. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

I don't think they have a DSP box and alot of others do. That's my guess as well.

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Yes I got the email I'm excited to see what they have I love their stuff a DSP Box would be cool but to also have the ability to add 3rd party plugin VST would be awesome adding third party VST-AU plugins to R-Racks would be awesome too

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

A "One Knob Does All solution" - nice but overly complicated.
    How about a switch instead? Preferably one that works merely by breathing on it.
    I'd buy two of those mammajabbas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

my hunch was a softube console 1 style thing... interested to see what really comes out

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

But this has already been invented: EZMix all the way! Thousand of presets and one knob to control 'em all lol

9. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Doh! My evil plan is foiled again. I would've got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.

10. virusg

virusg Rock Star

promoting software behind a super nice studio hardware-desk its always working ...im not saying that they dont do nice stuff... i guess TRacks 5 is coming ??? anyone? ...

11. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

T-Racks 5 ?