IK Multimedia: MODO BASS revealed as "world's first" physically modelled bass instruments

Discussion in 'Software News' started by devilorcracker, Oct 18, 2016.

1. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

LOL, you got me, I did write the wrong title (Jazzy and 40 would kill me), did the song years ago and I was a little tired, but check the actual credits, not youtube, It's my work, cut it in DARP's B room in May 2009. I was not arguing with anyone, just combating an ignorant post with a professional opinion.

FWIW, I listed a few mic's and the songs I cut on those mic's to establish credibility in an attempt to bring some perspective on Slate's VMS.

Slate VMS is not just software, it's a mic, a preamp and software all working together to bring a high quality mic emulation to the market. Slate is controlling the whole chain and has a high quality product worth testing IMHO, failing to mention the whole package is very misleading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. I praise PianoTeq for the great strides they have taken since the instrument's inception and look forward hopefully in the near future when it reaches the point for me to embrace it with both open arms and happy ears. I do have a real piano which lives in the living room that my daughter and I play every day. Unfortunately there is just no space for it in the room I use as a studio. It is from a company that went out of business in 1928 and all the hammers and levers are now fairly feeble. It has always been tuned to 432 instead of 440 as we got it from the visitors residency at the Goetheanum, Rudolf Steiner's incredible masterpiece in concrete next door in Dornach, Switzerland. I need to tune it every month or it sounds drunk. A low G string has a stripped peg and will forever play flat because it can longer be gripped. But I do have a piano, just not much use for me in recording with it, wrong room, wrong tuning, but we still love it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Ill buy THAT for a dollar! :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List