IK Multimedia Fender Collection 2 announced

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Ronbell, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

[​IMG]

IK Multimedia has announced Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube, a new collaboration with the product designers and R&D Team at Fender Musical Instruments Corporation that brings some of the most iconic and genre-defining tones of the golden years of Fender’s amplifiers to AmpliTube for Windows and Mac.

Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube brings seven of Fender’s most-sought after vintage amplifiers and reissues to the leader of the virtual world of digital guitar and bass recording systems, providing spot-on recreations of tone machines from the ’50s and ’60s. Included in the Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube are five amps from the ’57 Custom series; the ’57 Custom Champ, ’57 Custom Deluxe, ’57 Custom Twin, ’57 Custom Pro and the ’57 Custom Bandmaster, plus models of an original ’53 Fender Bassman and the iconic ’65 Fender Super Reverb.

Fender Collection 2 will be available as an add-on collection inside AmpliTube 3 and AmpliTube 4 from the Custom Shop feature and takes full advantage of all of the advanced tone-crafting features introduced in AmpliTube 4 like the post amp “effects loop”, 3D mic placement, room selection and room mic adjustment, the cabinet room mixer and more.
    Fender Collection 2 features
    • Officially certified Fender Amp models.
    • Breakthrough Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology.
    • Standalone and plug-in software for Mac/PC.
    • 7 of the most influential Fender guitar amps.
    • 7 original matching cabinets.
    • Incredible tonal flexibility: mix and match amps, cabinets, mics and more.
    • Sound-certified and approved by Fender.
    • 5 available modules: Tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet+Mic and Rack Effects.
    • AmpliTube 4 expansion with Cab Room module, post amp effects slot, 8-track recorder, 4-track looper.
    • 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 simultaneous effects.
    • Expandable with more gear models via AmpliTube Custom Shop.
    Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube will be available in December 2016, priced at 149.99 EUR/USD. It is now available for preorder for 99.99 EUR/USD.
    Fender Collection 2 will also be available in a bundle with AmpliTube 4 (within the Power Duo Bundle series) for 229.99 EUR/USD, which can also be preordered for 179.99 EUR/USD.
    All prices exclude taxes

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/fender2/

3. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

was hoping to see some Fender Hot Rods and Blues amps, no luck. maybe next time.

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

’65 Super Reverb, ’57 Custom Deluxe... if they done it well, you can play Blues till the end of Your days :)

5. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

Not bad, eh? Yet I wouldn't say no to Deville and Blues Jr., some Deluxe-s. But these wouldn't fit in this package. Maybe in the next Fender Collection, which might be more modern Fender amplification oriented.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

idk, the current Fender sims in Amplitube are pretty meh, half of them sound bad and the rest is indistinguishable from any other ampsim (you know that stock fizzy digital "distortion" sound). I only like the Twin Reverb sim.

Then again they really improved their Marshall sims, so I have some hope for them yet.

7. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

All these choices and still to this day they haven't provided thier customers with a calibrated input level.... idiots

8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

9. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

if only the amount of IKM's marketing and hype and quality of their products matched, well, then maybe we would finally hear that "hyper realistic sound" they are talking about. (notice how they went from saying "ultra realistic sound" to saying "hyper realistic sound" during Amplitube 3 to 4 transition? hilarious). it's exactly these little cheap marketing tricks that make me approach IKM with caution.

10. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

I'm hardly an IK fanboy but the new Marshall models do sound very realistic and organic, particularly the 800.

11. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Kinda the same here. No fanboy - and I find other sims to be 'the better choice' - yet I have to say honestly that I'm surprised by Amplitube4 and the mesa pack how well the feel and sound.

It's my experience with Amplitube4 ('british pack', the default one) that makes me more interested in this.
    I'm still thinking their prices are too high and I don't care for 'certified model' if it sounds and feels good.

.. but saying the modern Amplitube stuff (not talking about the mobile shit) is bad is just pooping on a big brand.. their actually quite good.

The 'trap' is, that even in Amplitube4 they still have the same models from years back if you unlock them. It's still possible to spend money on the same old Amplitube2 models and Amplitube3 models (The older fender kit is 'amplitube2' modeling I think, maybe Amplitube3). That older shit still sounds as bad as when it came out, yet you can still spend money on it. _That's_ the trap.

Amplitube4 new british stuff and the mesa pack (which came out a few months before it) sound very impressive. If their worth the money, mew, I'll let people make up their own mind there. But saying it sounds bad? Neh, you're doing something wrong then.

I'm even enjoying their 'vibroking custom' even though it's one of the older models, together with the Amplitube4 4x10 cab. Crank the master, put a tubescreamer in front and I'm getting very fun to play SRV style tones.

12. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

so far I see only positive comments about new british amps here. who says they are bad?

13. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Not the british amps, 'amplitube' in general. @PopstarKiller is exactly right in saying the older models may sound 'mweh' but the new stuff is really (surprisingly to some) good and organic... just expensive compared to other very good amp sims of these days :)

14. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

That does absolutely nothing in referenc to a calibrated input level... when a circuit is modeled, there are constants that are measured to know how components of the modeled circuit react. I've tried talking to IK techs and they are some of the dumbest software jockeys I've ever communicated with. Waves, UAD, Softube ect ect all have a recommended input levels typically expressed in RMS that thier plugin wants to receive in order to replicate what was modeled accurately... Simply telling someone to "turn it up until it sounds good" is pathetic, and that's exactly what IK recommends. Idiots. All of them...

15. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

well, he mentioned that, didn't he?

no one said Amplitube sounds bad, yet it is extremely overhyped, overrated, just as any other IKM product. "hyper realistic sound" my ass. it's just a marketing gimmick. but then again, they're Italians, they could sell you "Naple's air in a glass jar". ("Treasure of San Gennaro" movie reference).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  16. m9cao

m9cao Producer

Anyone remember Applied Acoustics stuff?

17. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

eagerly waiting to test your ampsim...

18. Where is the Princeton.

19. The Koala

The Koala Ultrasonic

I'll give this pack a try when it is 'out'.

Amplitube 4 is not 100% bad, I do like some models, but not their presets. I actually use the Engl amp for clean sounds and the Ampeg B15 for crunch (tup, with a guitar), and the JCM900 and red Marshall amp, which I forgot the name, are simply killers, at least with a strat !

If you think all models sounds bad, try to turn down the input level ; the result can sometimes be surprising ;)

20. Ronbell

Ronbell Member

they have Princeton '65 model in Custom Shop, not exactly new, but it's there

21. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I get the feeling that I'm the only guitarist in the world that loves Amplitube (though I cringe at the early carry-over models.) I uninstalled GR5, all Positive Grid, Kazrog and GTR. I only use Amplitube and Ignite stuff. I was hoping for a DeVille as well. I really wish IKM would get around to modelling more boutique and less mass produced amps.