IK Multimedia Emulations List

Discussion in 'Education' started by FLRIZDARKK, Dec 6, 2021.

1. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Hello, not sure where to post this but did some research and put together a comprehensive list of every IK Multimedia (T-Racks, Syntronix 2, Modo Bass and SampleTron 2) emulation there is (reason: might not be the best software emulations but you can't deny the huge catalogue of awesome gear they did - they are good at the very least imo).

Hope you guys find this useful:
    Unofficial IK Multimedia Emulations List - JustPaste.it

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like x 8
    • Useful x 7
    • Love it! x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

EDIT: added MODO BASS and SampleTron 2 emulations

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

IK multimedia being one of my all time fav company, i do appreciate this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Thank you, I do also like their plugins a lot!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

Interesting :)

Syntronik 2 is out now with some new emulations (hope we get this and SampleTron 2 for Christmas)

7. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Indeed, I did note all the new Syntronik 2 in the list just didn't specified it was the second version

8. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I highly appreciate this, never knew I needed this list until now.

9. recycle

recycle Guest

IK Multimedia has never officially claimed that its plugins are clones of famous gear, probably due to copyright issues, or perhaps because their algorithm is only vaguely inspired by the behavior of that gear.

example -British channel-
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trbritchannel/
    example -Comprexxor-
    https: //www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcomprexxor/
    There is nowhere written on the official website that they are SSL 4000E or ELS8 X Distressor emulations

Please forgive me, maybe I'm missing something, but I have a cognitive dissonance: if the list is unofficial, how can you so confidently say that these plugins are faithful emulations of that specific behavior? How do you certify it with such certainty? Who said that? Maybe just because the graphic layout is based on that specific gear?
    By listening to the resulting sound, I say that we are entering the territory of personal opinion

(bearing in mind that IK plugins are absolutely respectable)

10. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

I only base what i'm about to say to PERSONAL experience and nothing more,

I have almost worked with every company that makes audio-related plugins in the market, and gave each one a fair test, and let me tell you this, the way these plugins behave (i don't care if they are faithful emulation or not) is analogue like, they each have personality, and they add something to the signal, not going into details, but these plugins they just work, at some point i started to treat them as real analogue hardware and they do not disappoint, i am at a point where i know exactly how a signal is going to behave if i insert x plugin from IKM, and i have grown accustomed to them, they are an integral part to my mixing process, and i just love them, at least the ones i personally use, i have like 6 or 7 plugins that i can't do a mix without at least using them 4-5 (at least) times each, and once i start making my transition toward becoming a legit user, these are literally my first to buy.

11. Talula

Talula Rock Star

maybe IKM simply don't want paying for license, etc? "solid state channel strip" without word "logic" :cool:

in the and of any product page you can open spoiler "legal detail" and see this:
    "Product names are used solely for the purpose of identifying the specific products that were studied during IK Multimedia’s sound model development and for describing certain types of tones produced with IK Multimedia’s digital modeling technology. Use of these names does not imply any cooperation or endorsement. LA-2A and 1176 LN are registered trademarks of Universal Audio, Inc. IK Multimedia's products, specifically, the T-RackS 3 Black 76 Limiting Amplifier and T-RackS 3 White 2A Leveling Amplifier, are manufactured and developed by IK Multimedia based on its own modeling techniques. Universal Audio has neither endorsed nor sponsored IK Multimedia's products in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product."

and this:
    "Audyssey™, MultEQ®, Audyssey MultEQ® are trademarks property of Audyssey Laboratories™ Inc. used under license."

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. recycle

recycle Guest

Their "legal details" sounds like the disclaimer in the end titles of movies:

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental

It happens that I can't stand marketing tricks anymore: too often devs boast of having cloned the sound of rare and expensive gear only by replicating the graphics of frontal panel on VST. The devs are sure to get away with their lies because many customers (especially the younger ones) have never listened to the original machines and therefore it will be difficult for anyone to contradict their false claims.

I'm tired of lies

I repeat: IK's plugins aren't bad at all, but calling them emulations is too much for me

13. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

No worries, as you predicted they don't say the gear they emulate to avoid paying copyright/license to respected owner so in place they use the vague term as british/american/german etc (a lot of plugin makers do this). However, I did some research, mostly in forums such as gearspace where they are officially responding in a verified name to questions and sometimes that's what they answer and/or from reviewers that get sent a copy (either websites or youtube vids)

Here are some examples:
    Best Plugins: The Great SSL Channel Strip Roundup — Page 2 of 2 — SonicScoop
    https://gearspace.com/board/showthread.php?p=9027656
    IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Comprexxor - Gearspace.com

And etc. For Comprexxor they had to use also different knob textures as the Distressor knobs are apparently a copyrighted feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Great list, thanks for that, I like to organize my analog emulation plugin by their inspiration instead of their plugin name. I already did the synth part, but this will be really useful for the effect part :)

15. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Wow, I have the same approach, glad to see I'm not the only one :)

16. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I can at least confirm that their Master EQ 432 sounds pretty much like AA Scarlet, which is supposedly captured from a Sontec MES-432.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

One little detail..

Afaik the White 2A/LA-2A compressor only replicates the Behavior/Response of the original comp,
    without adding analog non-linearities/color/mojo or however you want to call it..

Or at least that's what I read just the other day. :yes:

So I guess it's as Clean as a Digital compressor,
    but with the Analog/optical Response of the original unit.

(which is a valid approach too,
    nothing against it.. :wink:)

18. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

White comes with a bunch of harmonics and sadly no OS option.

19. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Hmm, then whoever wrote that article is disinfoing..

I'll try to find the source,
    but I've been reading so much stuff lately I don't exactly recall atm.. :yes:

20. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

All T-Racks 5 versions of plugins have oversampling by default without having the user enable it. Previously, you had the option

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  21. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Found it: https://theproaudiofiles.com/la-2a-plugins/
    "IK Multimedia’s While 2A Leveling Amplifier nails the unique program dependent characteristic of the original LA-2A.
    However, it doesn’t emulate the analog tube characteristics of the analog units, making it an excellent choice for smoothing out dynamic performances with transparency."

Although at the same time:
    https://integraudio.com/10-best-opto-compressor-plugins-vst-au-aax/

[​IMG]

One thing we know for sure tho, the Optical behavior is very well emulated.. :yes: