IK Multimedia AXE I/O Drivers and Control Software [Solved]

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Triphammer, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Ok, this is my bad....after previous bad experiences with IK, I swore I would not purchase any more of their hardware. I should have trusted my gut. And I should have done some research before throwing my money away.

I've purchased used interfaces from every company that makes them. ALL other companies host drivers for their interfaces on their sites and they are freely downloadable. Not IK. I bought an AXE I/O used from someone that was not the original owner.....only to find out that IK will not allow users to download drivers for their products without registering the hardware. Nice. Punish your customers. Since the seller was not the original owner he could not provide me with either the serial#, (which was likely already used anyway!), or the AXE I/O Drivers and Control Software. So I've apparently just bought an expensive paperweight. Good for nothing but the landfill. I have, of course, opened a support ticket with IK but, as many of you know....the hard way, that might not come to anything. So.....I'm asking. Are there any AXE I/O users here that would be willing to share the Drivers and Control Software?

Thanks in Advance!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

That's unbelievable.
    Did you try to talk to their support?

4. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

I did open a ticket. But after reading literally dozens of posts from users in the same boat
    and my own previous experience with IK support....I'm not holding my breath. They even
    charge users that bought the hardware new a $20 fee to "de-register" it. Of course, that's a
    moot point as I'll never be able to track down the original buyer.

I understand why some companies charge license transfer fees for software. But HARDWARE??
    That's just ridiculous. Like how they charge EXACTLY the same price for software titles
    whether new, crossgrade or upgrade. It seems like they take special delight in screwing
    their long time loyal users. I've been a paying customer of IK for over ten years. If they
    don't make this right.....never again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. azz

azz Noisemaker

As you may have already seen, there was a similar post on Gearspace.
    That poster overcame a frustrating support bot interaction and got Driver.

6. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

I started a conversation. Please don't share the link just in case.
    I bought one new and was very angry when I had to register to get the drivers.
    I will never buy anything from them again.
    Wish I had returned it.
    Driver is still on version 1 after years. lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Dude! Thank you so much!! I will, of course, not share your link. But I will upload and share
    the file with others who need it. I can't believe they've never updated it....oh, wait....yes I
    can....LOL!! Fuck IK.....never again.

Thanks Again!!

8. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Yup....I saw that one. He got lucky. I was hoping to avoid getting snared in a bot loop!
    And thanks to Skeltoid, (YOU ROCK!!), I have escaped that fate......LOL!!

I see now that this is the driver for AXE I/O SOLO. I've got the regular AXE I/O.
    Hope it works....control panel may be missing a few knobs but as long as the
    ASIO dirver works I should have at least basic functionality. Won't know for a
    while as it is en-route. Hopefully the FedEx apes don't smash it.....LOL!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  9. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

just realized i have the solo version so I don't think the drivers will work sorry about that

10. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

No worries bro! I am extremely grateful for the effort. IK is friggin' lazy.....as we know.
    So I'm guessing that the actual drivers may work just fine. The control panel....probably
    not. But If I can just get basic functionality, I'll be one happy camper. Thanks again bro!!
    Some companies, (like Presonus.....who I used to work for...shh!), moved forward and wrote
    their Universal Control drivers which work for all of their current....and quite a few legacy
    interfaces as well.....;)

11. zib

zib Platinum Record

Check your conversations dude

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I wonder if this is even legal, at least in Europe, if I remember correctly, the law says that you cannot condition the use of a sold product to the buying of another one.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

There are posts on their own website of other users and same issue. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25503&start=15

They can all have their own little annoying software applications, but if this thing is USB Class Compliant device, shouldn't it work without them? This is a reply I liked. The original idea of the "Universal" in USB sounded about as believable as it has become.

Re: AXE IO drivers
    by some user ยป Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:44 pm

DangrColemn wrote:I'm plugged straight into the desktop USB 3.0
    Also your link just sent me to a bunch of drop-down menus.

Honestly I'm done with it. I wasted money, I'm trading it in today at a loss for something I know will work.

I'm done wasting time waiting for answers, it shouldnt be this hard just to get started.
    IK customer support hasn't got back to me in 3 days, I'm done.
    Did you try on a usb 2.0 port, after losing my time for 4 days, i tried a usb 2.0 instead of 3.0 and finaly the windows 10 shows the interface and finally shows it on the daws dropdown

14. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

"They can all have their own little annoying software applications, but if this thing is USB Class Compliant device, shouldn't it work without them? "

Oh sure.....it's "class compliant" alright.....on Macs. AFAIK, there's no such animal in Windows world. And that's just a bullsh#t excuse to begin with. Nevermore.

15. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

OH MAN!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You so totally ROCK!!

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you got the needed files, you could mark solved.

You won't get any pushback from me that Macs/MacOS require little to no user action at below the OS level. But a few of these posts about it seem to suggest this has become a problem since Windows 10. Another comment thread I just read on MS site also refers to a problem caused by trying to use a USB-2 device with a type 3 hub or port. Obviously take with a grain of salt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-work-in/9f0f62a3-7f9a-49d1-b75e-2f432d20fc6e

"Microsoft needs to listen. Content creators that work with an OS can influence a lot of people. Plugging in a class compliant USB midi device that worked [perfect until windows 10 but works as long as its a USB 3.x port is ignorant. If anyone comes across this problem, im using a ROLI seabord, that is class compliant, but is not recognized in windows 10 because it was plugged into a USB 2 port. This seems like im beta testing, whats up with your testers, or compliance dept? Really? No one mentioned that music creation in windows 10 is unnecessarily frustration? next computer is mac, if your building your own pc think mac these things SUCK...."

It's funny when MS lock threads because they do not like what is being posted about Windows. Well, at least it is when you aren't running it. :bow:

17. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

"If you got the needed files, you could mark solved."

Ok boss....done.

MS and Apple both suck. Yeah, Macs used to "just work" but their constant shifting of CPUs and unrelenting OS updates have thrown most "pro" users under the bus. Seems to me that I've read MANY more threads started by Apple fanbois crying that the latest update broke fuctionality with this or that software or hardware. Apple doesn't give a rat's behind about Mac users. Macs pc's are not, and have not, been their big moneymakers for some time now. IMHO they have dumbed down their pc's to make them play nice with their iPhones & iPads. No thank you.

That being said.....Microsoft has started to follow their playbook. But at least Win PC's are not as ridiculously closed in terms repairing and upgrading.

[​IMG]

18. xkazem

xkazem Newbie

I have a similar issue with IK Multimedia,

I just bought a brand new IK Multimedia AXE I/O ONE audio interface and I didn't find the serial number card inside the box to register the device and to be able to download the Control Panel application, So I opened a support ticket and I'm still waiting for their follow-up, but I didn't receive anything till now.

So can anyone own this device send me the Control Panel application or help me how can I get IK Multimedia AXE I/O ONE Control Panel application? ( I need it for macOS )

control_panel_interface@2x.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  19. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

WOW!! You bought it NEW and the serial card was missing?? I don't know if anyone here has the Mac version. We've been dealing
    with the pc version. But if I'd bought that new and it was missing a part.....and the card with the serial# is pretty important part!
    .......I would return it to the place of purchase and either demand a replacement or my money back. Good luck dealing with IK
    support.....they suck.

20. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's great if they give you printed manual, warranty, etc cards; but it's shady that they do no have the serial number printed, etched, or whatever, marked directly on the unit. A lot of companies embed julian date codes into their serial numbers, so they can be traced to manufacturing information; lot numbers, day of production, machining lines, sequential numbering during that day. Say they have some electrical defective component part and they start catching fire, as an example. That sn# data can be used for traceability.

People lose purchase receipts, invoices, and little documents like these. No SN#, Documents, or a stamped build date; means without them they can get out of repairing or replacing them unless you jump through hoops. Companies like Sweetwater even include unit serial numbers printed on their invoices and packing slips.

21. Metal Axe

Metal Axe Newbie

I just got the same sucker punch from IK Multimedia after buying a used AXE I/O Solo audio interface. The cheater-seller told me that the serial number for registration is printed on the bottom of the product. I shouldn't trust that guy so easily. I had to check all the background before buying IK stuff. Could you share the Axe i/o solo driver with me, please? Appreciate you!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023