If you take "The Singing" out of the US's music industry, what would remain?

Discussion in 'Music' started by art.movement.style, Aug 16, 2018.

1. MauricePophens

MauricePophens Noisemaker

Different microphones amplifying different instruments from different distances

2. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

USA?
    Unidentified Singing Aliens? :dunno:

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Isn't pitch correction wonderful?! This has been edited to death. It almost seems overdubbed/replaced with the live take. Lol. I also love the automated reverb and delay sends. Takes a bit of post-pro work (I doubt it's pre-automated or modulated in realtime).
    Great voice (underneath it all) nonetheless. :like:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

ohh.. really.. maybe that video wasnt the best pick.. but hes range been documented and ive heard him live in Singapore.. but ofc noone can be that good..

6. Grok

Grok Producer

Not so crazy...

Dimash, this very good and very sensible russian speaking singer artist from Khazakhstan (not from France, altough the song is originally a french one), has a very good vocal technique at mixing in a very good way vocal head register ("falsetto" register) and vocal breast register ("normal" vocal register), where many singers use only one of them Dimash uses both with equal mastery and mixes them splendidly, helped by the mic and the sound system (without mic and console and sound system, this would be much less impressive ; they are part of Dimash impact, on this song ; compression, reverb, EQ... and so on).

What impresses people with Dimash is that his brilliant vocal performances are rejoining the androgyne archetypal eternal myth, and this without any sexual ambiguity or any uncalled-for exhibitionism or any ridiculous narcissistic affectation, in a very genuine way : Dimash is a man singing like an angel. People receive this as some kind of superhuman quality, a kind of an artistical very impressive surpassing of a general conditional barrier.

Dimash is a tremendous singer, but he can't perform like the following, where no mic+sound system is involved but a trully exceptional voice from an exceptional artist from the XXth century ; if interested check this Franco Corelli "Nessum Dorma" (Puccini) interpretation until the end, unbelievable superhuman high B-flat at the end, "much better than Pavarotti", this voice is like powerful flowing lava from an erupting volcano :

7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Popular music wouldn't be popular music without the vocals to represent the voice of the listener.
    Instrumental music can convey emotion on a subconscious heart level but it doesn't speak to our intelect the way vocals can.
    Music lovers usually have their favourite artists that they can identify with and that speak their language. That is what makes it more powerful as a medium compared to non vocal music I reckon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I'm not saying that he hasn't amazing range. That is obvious. Great singer.
    I'm just saying the vocal is heavily edited and you should be able to hear that.

9. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Voice is the oldest instrument to convey an emotion (percussion too). Humans naturally understand and feel music better when a voice is involved - to the average layman. Europe, however, has a more refined musical culture though, so they understand music, as a society, on a level a couple of notches higher than America due to Western music being born there since before even the baroque period. It helps when Bach was born right down the street from your family, for example, regardless if there's now a McDonalds there. The history, pride, and inspiration doesn't just go away - it permeates into the future and inspires the public to continue the countrys' musical traditions and persue music on a more advanced level - it's also more accepted and encouraged ----------- even by the government! imo

e.g. - (Govt) : "Here's a bunch of money....go learn and make good music with it."
    - (Student) : "......uhh, ok."

Also, singing sells records......i mean, mp3s.

So, put 2+2 together on this.

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Looks like bleached Ian Curtis on drugs. Heavy drugs, I mean.

btw. I have a friend who went to a US secondary school for a while... he had really bad grades here in Europe, but was an A student there. Interesting. And that was in the 80s. I guess the US educational system sucked badly even then.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

we had good.. umm "band" programs.. :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

I thought everyone knew I always use a vocoder? :shalom:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  13. Daz

Daz Guest

I don't see why you had to specify the "US".
    You circled the mics in billboard magazine...:deep_facepalm:

And why has no one answered the question correctly.
    The karaoke industry!!
    There, question answered, post closed!:guru:
    :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

To be honest, I don't care about the thread, but that's partly because I don't really understand what the point trying to be made actually is, just like the recent thread in the shoutbox, just like all of these tiresome types of topic.

It would be so much easier if the op just stated what he thinks, instead of everyone having to sift though the endless video links and cryptic postulating, that doesn't really back up or reveal any sort of opinion at all.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. I know his mom.

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

That actually happened to me. Went to the US in a public highschool for a year as an exchange student, for my junior year. First couple of months were tough, I had to better my English specialy in writing, so I had average grades (which was also the case in my highschool before in France, I was bad in most classes except English back then). The rest of the year I aced everything, easily top of my classes...Even in English (we studied Romeo & Juliet the first months, loved it) I was better than most of the natives...Yet my native spoken langage is French.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I do think the voice is more the easiest instrument.Apart if you hope singing like Adele do.Playing real instruments is more difficult.
    That is why people like singing,it is their mannner to access music.

19. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

WHO IS THE CHICK ON THE RIGHT WITH GREAT LEGS!?

20. [​IMG]

Why do the French love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why do Germans love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why do Russians love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why do the English love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why do Icelanders love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why do Spaniards love singing more than any activity in the music and why has the major part of the music industry been formed around the singing?

Why does art.movement.style troll these hallways and is such an earsore?

Just a rhetorical question?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List