If i had the power to rule proaudio devs what to implement

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by HPF, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

1. Allow my daw to replace a plugin and reapply its preset buffer to the new one (if possible): devs change internal names from time to time with updates and you need to reinstall the old one in order to load an old project

2. Dont tell just "Reverb X" is missing: But tell me the filename(rvx.dll)/version(1.1)/manufacturer(happy cog llc)/type(algo reverb) - its all there

3. Let the daw/sampler print the whole path of a missing sample: so i can tell .../rotterdam xxx kit/kick.wav from .../the marching band/kick.wav

4. Internally save screenshots of guis or parameters as plaintext: so i can program another plugin to achieve similar results when a plugin is missing on project load.

5. Make sampler instruments cross compatible using plaintext/xml formats: so i can convert/recreate a patch easily for another sampler

6. Save projects with data assets by default: save presets of each individual plugin / channelstrip into a seperate folder sorted by bus-name, save mixer screenshots or plaintext with insert order wet/dry amount send info pan/volume setting - like:

ProjectX/assets/bus1_bass-ac/
    ./bus1_bass-ac.png (visual representation of the stuff written into txt)
    ./bus1_bass-ac.txt (inserts/sends(pre/post)/send-levels/pan/volume/output-routing)
    ./instr(best-bass-ever.component):
    ./bus1-instr.fxp (native preset) <- preferred as it let you use it with another daw
    ./bus1-instr.pst (daw preset)​
    ./ins1(best-eq-ever.component):
    ./bus1-ins1.h2x
    ./bus1-ins1.pst
    ./ins2(best-comp-ever-V2.component):
    ./bus1-ins2.ini
    ./bus1-ins2.pst
    ...​

7. If there is a loop set, bounce a mix of it using a lossy format like ogg/mp3 to create a preview

Have found a lot of unfinished work from the last millenium and need to revisit :) its a pita - especially when you spent hours installing old stuff to discover it wasnt worth it.

What you'd wish? Do you know any DAW that tries an approach into this?

3. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

That's a lot of bullshit too implent

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List