Identify this mixer,synth,controller

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by jon.dough.1991, Dec 10, 2021.

1. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

Identify this mixer,synth,controller

this could be a forum category of its own

anywayz,could someone identify the mixer console this guy is using while performing his awesome tune

im in the market for a mixer , something that i can connect my virus,hydrasynth,elektron drumachine 1,waldrof q,novation nova rack I, all these connected to line inputs of my mixer , then mixer connected via single output to a babyface pro fs into ableton

thanks for your time !!!

3. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

Midas Venice 240
    Mackie 1604-VLZ3
    along with a Novation Remote 25 SL Compact

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

you have five devices but a few do more than just stereo pair out. but if you are running virus as audio over usb you will probably bypass the mixer completely, so don't add extra mixer channels to your math because of it. once the usb is connected, the Virus audio outputs are disabled. assuming it is a Ti.

5. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

yes its a virus indigo and a virus ti2 going thru audio only ,2 viruses, never used the usb for ti2 though for an actual project , it always need pdc runs out of beat, i rather all my synths playing togetther

awesome dude !!!!! thanks !

6. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Another fake knob-twiddler, I suppose they have to look like they're actually doing something instead of just pushing play.

7. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

rich kidz grew up with guitar lessons bass lessons piano lessons , academics , sports , so what if some knob learnt from 5 y old to play guitar ? one out of 1000 became some superstar making use of some bass player some drum player and someone singing lyrics - most of the time top10's juzz good looking , had support from industry , moved around certain society circles and thus became famous

this guy makes and produces emotion , something a metal-head or rock beatttles listener can never think of , you are the guys that go to a club or festival and never dance, all you count upon is flexing your wallet or good looks while standing idle , ok so wtf if you can play a riff in 3 seconds instead of 10 like the next guy ?

mozart,bach, all your classic favorites , all they did was write on piece of paper that flute player will play this , trombone player will play that , drum player will hit those

this guy wrote and produced beautiful tracks , tracks that wanna make you dance , forget bout how awful life is , people bending over to stardom and money , lousey co-workers sucking up to bosses to keep earning that wage,women sucking and going on all4 for old men with yachts money $$$ and promises of wellbeing , all the whille your young boy your child asking you as a father how to cope in this sick system we call life and society

knob-twiddler ? yes and a guitar player is a string twiddler , a piano player is a key-stroker , a singer is a vocal-chord twiddler

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

lets say you compose-produce a hit , a perfect track ..........you give it to radio stations,tv,youtube

i am a listener ,once i listen it i dance i start moving my head i love this track...........do i really give a f@ck who or how or what played it ? stop being bitter bro, it only harms you

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have a similar enough setup. the way I have mine is mixer to audio interface. snake from mixer to 48 point patchbay. synths to patchbay. basically.

are you asking about mixers? you have a bunch of synths that will sound really good if you get a good one :)

with the amount of synths you have you could easily fill the better part of a 24 channel, I would think. last synth? sure....

even though you are only wanting to use it with the single stereo input RME, you really want to consider getting a mixer with direct outs anyway. you may get a different interface later on. it's easier than changing mixers. try shopping locally. big mixers are a %$#@# for people to ship, so you can usually get a way better deal. it depends what you are doing.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  10. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

11. recycle

recycle Guest

It is a common problem of studio composers: how to generate live performances from such an introverted act as the creation of music with computer and mixer?
    Anyone who has been faced with this problem knows that the metamorphosis is not at all simple: from producer / sound engineer to performer.
    Unfortunately, in live concerts, the show business is calibrated on rock/pop schemes, therefore on the artist's aesthetics, on the muscular show, on dance talent, sweat and physicality. The performance of an electronic artist, on the other hand, is based on other vibrations that are often ineffective on stage. Very often the electronic artist appears only an anonymous face who is checking the email on his computer, canceling the emotion of the concert and even looking a bit pathetic.
    The solutions adopted in the last 20 and more years to perform electronic concerts have been many, some in my opinion also quite effective (the Daft Punk shows, for example, were not so bad), but generally speaking, the audience always get the impression that the artist has only pressed play on the VLC player
    This Paul Kalkbrenner live is boring: although the music is somewhat interesting, there is no point in watching his performance (because there is none)

I think it's up to us artists to study the topic in depth and try to solve it by proposing new show ideas

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2021
  12. timer

timer Producer

I once liked the concept of DJs and electronic artists not being stars, but providing a service for dancers.

Music business has liked this concept less. :dunno:

13. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Nobody will ever convince me that miming/pretending is a great, acceptable thing at a so-called live show. I suspect if most people in the audience knew it was happening they wouldn't be happy. And! It isn't even necessary, he can dance around without touching anything until he actually needs to, nobody would complain!

You'll notice I've said nothing about this guy's music. I don't dislike it. I dislike the dishonesty.

Maybe I've been spoiled by watching actual live music in an era before autotune and djs. And playing it.

It feels very strange being berated for pointing out an artiste is faking it.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not see him as exactly faking it. he has two laptops and a mixer, just like other digital djs. it's just boring to watch them, even good ones.