IDEA: Share our unused projects between us

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by virusg, Oct 20, 2013.

1. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

I've been using FL Studio for about 8 years or so. I often use Ableton to arrange my tracks and for the general finalization of my tracks(mixing/mastering).
    I have about 20+ gigs of wav. files of various melodies I never used(with the midi file saved as well ofcourse). Mostly all in the genre of Electro House, Dubstep, Hiphop, and most recently Nu Disco.

How exactly are we going to upload these stems/midis/project files? Just use some random file sharing site like ul, rapidgator, hulkfile, etc..? And do we just make a post under this sub-forum with all the links?

If thats the format then it might get a little crowded if this idea jumps off wouldn't it?

2. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah X that sounds like a great idea, let's pull the trigger on this and make it happen. PLM do me the honor of making that thread so I can attend to some other stuff, always so much to do and nothing makes me happier than the community pitching in. Once I see it I will pin that fucker and we can make some headway on getting a new section. My suggestion is make a separate thread for each share. That way when you get the new section I can just move all those threads in there instead of having one big file. I wished I would have done that with Industrial Music Production. :snuffy:

3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Nikon is kinda right...how are we going to support other people viewing our projects when possibly all of the plugins that one artist uses might not be available for another artist...the only way to hear full ideas is to bounce everything to .wav, but then what's the point of getting everything in one project file? :dunno:

I mean even some of my own very old projects are missing plugins and the track doesn't sound the same without it...what makes someone else able to use what you have... it'll be very difficult to achieve this...

Let's say one of your projects is using Fabfilter Volcanoe...maybe only 10 people here might have it...but then you're using Cytomic Compressor...and out of those 10 people only 3 people use it...and then you use Battery 4 for your drums...and 8 other people have that but they don't have the compressor or filter...

And then none of them are using the DAW you have because you are so Indie you're using a DAW no one else uses because you're head is so deep up your ass you can't handle fucking anything that expresses the slightest trend or popularity...

Ok on a serious note it would be very difficult.

They used to do something like this in SectionZ back in the day but the reason why that worked was because everyone was using FL Studio and they were just using all the plugins that came along with it...so everyone pretty much had the same stuff, and due to shitty computers back then most elements were just rendered out to audio so you had the freedom to use outboard gear as well...

But now, so many options...really difficult...

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I think we can get around this by just creating a utilized resources part of the post and anyone that has them installed or is willing to install them can work on it.

5. urOk

urOk Member

+1 nice idea :wink:

6. urOk

urOk Member

What about this, share project with info given about what plugins are used in. People can see if they have it or not. If you don't have specified plugins, then you just pass, thats all.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's EXACTLY what I just said. :rofl: :mates:

8. urOk

urOk Member

Tl;dr :rofl:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

My post was shorter than yours. :dunno:

10. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Why not just starting a "Chinese Whispers" project with strict limitations on the plugin side - one starts with four bars, the next adds sth, then the next, then the next..

Just start with sth, better than pages and pages of discussion how to do it. :wink:

11. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

How many people could that be...? :dunno:

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah I agree Xsze. PLM I suggest you make your first share in a new thread with a quick overview of your project and any pertinent information. Also list the VSTs used and upload files to whatever lockers or services that you utilize for others to download.

13. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

I'll also share the final master project file from the track I've just shared on the 'our music' forum just for the lols I guess...

14. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

People which hang around here should have already everything available installed, don't they? :rofl:

15. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

:rofl: in ideal theory yeah...shhh Dokx...we poor nigguh!!!

16. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

So is this still a go or what? Did PLM ever post his poj?
    I want to start up a project post of my own but I don't wanna take PLM's first post cake.