Iconica Sketch, meanwhile Presonus S1 is still sleeping in 1999..

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by EddieXx, Nov 18, 2023.

1. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Look at what Cubase offers as just some of its stock library..

Meanwhile Presonus Studio Ones dusty stock sound library and "instruments" are from what, 2011?

But they sure want to SELL you what should be included as stock sounds, as "extras

And on top waste a lot of resources developing useless Sphere crap and similar irrelevant shots in the dark...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

write em

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Why even waste your time with them? If you really care about this being in your library, you are probably already running Cubase. Or should be, and just haven't reached that conclusion yet.

5. Sunkas B

Sunkas B Noisemaker

I doubt that just another string library is going to change anyone’s mind about what DAW to use. I much rather Presonus focus on making their DAW more stable and feature-rich than having them update their instrument libraries. But yeah, their sounds and instruments kind of suck…

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. clone

clone Audiosexual

They think by adding all of these additional instruments, plugins, content, that most people will just buy everything from them. You are locked in, and a captive customer. If everyone stopped using 3rd party VST/i's, lots of their crashing problems will go away, and with their entire "ecosystem" living on your machine; people will stop noticing it has become the most bloated, needing of a complete re-write, DAW available by far.

7. Barry T

Barry T Producer

I just want Studio One to keep being the best DAW in terms of workflow.

Occasionally, they'll add a new great feature, with far better execution than their competitors, which every other DAW then proceeds to copy. This is their best way forward.

I couldn't care less about their stock instruments. I don't need them wasting resources trying to compete with the amazing orchestral libraries already available. If you're serious about orchestral music, get Kontakt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I hear you guys, but it’s not the darn “orchestral library”. It’s the overall QUALITY!

I like S1, I switched from Cubase to a legit S1 way back but I still find their stock sounds, library and instruments to be garbage. I can like the basic functionality and still find the rest to be exactly that, garbage.

There was a point when S1 was innovative, in the forefront, that time is gone. Everyone has adopted the main features, so the pos “Sphere” and whatever + they choose to label it it’s still a huge useless irrelevant waste of time and resources for everyone.

If you are going to drag a sound library along the road like this then make something decent ffs or do like Reaper, But DO something instead of dragging along dusty old crap that only takes space and portraits to be something it is not.

Make it good or just do not at all. But don’t attempt to then sell us addons to make up for an empty promise, have some fucking dignity.

It’s the desperation that bothers me, when they keep focusing on useless money grabbing schemes and subscription blood sucking models instead of the core, that includes a decent, clean, pristine, modern, useful library and proper first class instruments.

Either do that or simply skip the old junk and make it barebones

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  9. Barry T

Barry T Producer

I agree that their libraries are pretty trash. I can't think of a single time I have used any sound from Presonus.

10. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

You can get AMAZING orchestral banks for FREE.
    So who cares about "factory" ?
    I like both Cubase and S1 ... but S1 workflow is a lot more fluid.

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Yes, It’s a disgrace. If we actually pay to have a library I want to be able to use it. If not why is it there

Where are your standards Presonus?

Start by taking that GIANT addon-mountain you have accumulated that I’m sure only makes you pennies, take the best of it, then order some decent samples and present a decent new package for us.

You haven’t touched the darn thing in ages..do SOMETHING

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023