I want upgrade Windows 7 to W8

Discussion in 'PC' started by urOk, Nov 21, 2012.

1. m9cao

m9cao Producer

I upgraded my win7 to win8 for a week, Some cracked soft (Sylenth1)don't work, and you should re-regist some soft(studio one legal).
    Upgrade to win8 is very easy, just mount windows iso with virtual driver(daemon tools),then select 'upgrade', input serial key, wait, done!

2. Muze

Muze Newbie

I've been testing W8 since it was released. And it's not really an upgrade that makes any difference. It is confusing if W7 already worked for you. Most DAW's are not yet compatible/optimized for it. It is, in this light, not yet the better OS than W7. This because in a few months all the tweaks WILL have been done by third party suppliers. And maybe then it will be the better OS.

W8 needs two accounts. A ADMIN account (Wich you won't use often) and the USER account. This user account will then be guarded so you can't install viruses and all the other things... So take that in account. It is this reason I'm holding out a bit.....(and won't install on my production machine)

3. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

ok once and forever: windows 8 seems to work better because microsoft removed all the cool graphic feaures that notoriously slow down the system.disable the cool graphic features in your windows 7 and lets see if u notice any difference between the OS's.
    moreover,if microsoft wasn t aware that they released an operating system that s a pain in the butt on a desktop,they wouldn t be planning to realease w8.5 within a year,knowing they made a bullshit trying to create the same OS for mobile and desktop devices.
    i used to upgrade to the new microsoft os as soon as the rtm was available,this time i didn t and no way i ll do it,i keep tight my windows 7

4. urOk

urOk Member

hey ! thank you all for infos, etc. And yeah I did clean install, and I like it. Didn't test yet DAW and plugins. Had no time to do all this installing stuff. but yea, weekend is already started so going to test it !

Have a nice weekend guys !

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Comparison/differences between W7 and W8 are negligible. W8 in some audio tests shows to be a bit better than W7. However, there's a considerable difference in speed especially when working at lower latencies [32/64 samples] in favour of Windows XP when compared to W7 and W8. That, however, doesn't deter many users from "upgrading" their OSes...

I really don't care what OS is running my audio programs and plugins, and how it looks, for as long as I get the most from them and my PC, so I will use XP, until someone makes a better and more optimised OS for audio. Knowing OSes and being with them for decades, I can only tell you that there's no OS out there right now that would satisfy me completely regarding performance, optimisation, and latencies, but Linux with RT patch comes the closest... Windows and OS-X both suck pig's arse. lol

There are some very interesting benchmarks here for all to enjoy: http://www.dawbench.com/ Notice especially how OS-X sucks big time in comparison to even sucky Windows. That is any Windows. Here: http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-1.htm

Here's an interesting thread on GS: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/762183-my-windows-7-vs-windows-8-dawbench-results.html and this: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/476466-xp-still-best-daws-pc.html

Cheers!

6. doxent

doxent Newbie

I never had such urge. Switched from XP to 7 around April this year. Was XP user for the last 8 years. Guess I'll skip next few OS changes. Maybe next system around 2020 who knows?

7. Muze

Muze Newbie

I agree. No reason to upgrade now. I have WIN8 here on the laptop and WIN7 in the studio. There is no reason to upgrade just yet.

8. vstoto

vstoto Newbie

Dont do that unless you want to make something on a pad computer.

9. urOk

urOk Member

I found solution for Sylenth1 on Win8. All works fine if you use Jbridge. No crashes, and no trial infos etc.

10. DjTorke

DjTorke Member

i got the air release of sylenth1 2.20, and it just work fine... i dont know whats the drama with this plugin... BUT (damn, always gota but xD) Antares Autotune EVO and Antares AVOX have some issues, it crashes the daw (FL Studio and cubase User) whent try it to load in the mixer, the dawn colse and doesn work (sometime crahse windows, and need to reboot from the cpu)...

if i cant find a solution to this error with Antares plugins, i think i will go back to 7 (but i gota say, i like win8)... cheers!