I want to minify SA Chamber Strings. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by blackbeard2099, Dec 10, 2021.

1. blackbeard2099

blackbeard2099 Newbie

I just want to get rid of some articulations and a mic, I don't want to mess with the sample/bit rate.

Note: I know there's a minified version of this library on the sister site but that one has the exact same mic I want to get rid of.

Thank You!

SACS.png

3. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Click on that unwanted mode, then remove the samples in the editor (wrench icon).
    After that save new patch.

4. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Btw. Never save the wave samples to 16bit and 44,1kHz. Some smart people who offer minified versions on the sister side, downsample those samples to 16bit, 44,1kHz. Also some removed the legato samples.

5. blackbeard2099

blackbeard2099 Newbie

Well I guess I'm going to have to do it for every patch/instrument but how do I remove them?

6. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Mapping editor.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-11 um 02.15.34.png

7. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

How do you downsample to 16bit?

8. Meric

Meric Member

I use ffmpeg.
    First off, use inNKX to convert everything to ncw.

Next I use a third-party tool to convert ncw to wav. You can use Kontakt's built-in batch collector but it lags and requires 2x the space overhead.

When you have the wav file you can use ffmpeg to convert to 16bit. I wrote a simple python script to assist me. I can send you the whole thing if you're interested but note I haven't really tested it and it's probably not the safest thing to use. So far it hasn't destroyed any samples though

Code:
    def shrink(subdir,file):
            subprocess.call([xCon,os.path.join(subdir,file)])
            print("\033[A\033[A")
            subprocess.call([ffmpeg, '-hide_banner', '-loglevel', 'error','-y','-i', os.path.join(subdir, file.replace('ncw','wav',1)),'-acodec', 'pcm_s16le', '-af', 'aresample=osf=s16:dither_method=rectangular', '-nostdin',os.path.join(subdir, "C" + file.replace('ncw','wav',1))])
            os.remove(os.path.join(subdir,file.replace('ncw','wav',1)))
            os.remove(os.path.join(subdir,file))
            os.rename(os.path.join(subdir, "C" + file.replace('ncw','wav',1)),os.path.join(subdir, file.replace('ncw','wav',1)))
            subprocess.call([xCon,os.path.join(subdir,file.replace('ncw','wav',1))])
            print("\033[A\033[A")
            os.remove(os.path.join(subdir,file.replace('ncw','wav',1)))
    Slightly messy way of doing it but it seems to work fine for me so far. xCon is the utility that I use to convert ncw to wav and vice versa. I found it on the KVR forums. The ffmpeg settings I might be doing wrong since I barely understand it, but it should just be a downsample with a dither.

To remove articulations and microphone positions I have a script that replaces those samples with an empty ncw sample. This way I don't need to manually delete groups in the instruments and re-save them, saves a ton of time.

Code:
    micTarget = ["SURROUND","SRND"]   #Mic positions you want to delete. Case sensitive, type exactly as is in the filename.
    whitelist = ["null"]  #Samples containing these words are ignored and not processed.
    def micDelete(subdir, file):
        global micTarget
        if not any(ignore in file for ignore in whitelist) and any(mic in file for mic in micTarget):
            copyfile(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)) + "\Resources\\micReplace.ncw", os.path.join(subdir,file))
            return True
        else:
            return False