I want to make techno and experimental

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sada asdasdasd, Feb 18, 2017.

1. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Hi :v,I´m a 15 y/o guy , I try to produce, everything comes to my head, but I can´t do what I want becuz in my country everybody listens to pop-reggaeton,and pop :-;, and I don´t have friends :-;. I want to make techno and experimental.
    I have seen lots of tutorials about chords and music theory, but I can´t get out what´s in my head. ;-;
    I would appreciate suggestions. :D

Thanks In Advance.

3. Tealla

Tealla Kapellmeister

Can you change the title to: Desperate (literally). :bleh:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You don't need music theory just to get out what's in your head already. You might profit from learning how to operate and record those drum machines, synths and samplers (hardware or software, whatever you prefer), and while you're learning, you'll be recording at the same time - and get new ideas automatically.
    My suggestion: Just have fun making music, and please don't care what others like, you'll be bad at copying their style anyway.

5. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Nope cuz im 15 and aint gonna tell me wat to do m8 :v.ya aint ma daddy :v.

6. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

I have fun when im doing sound desing, but not when im writing music. ;-;

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. J Addison

J Addison Kapellmeister

Funny but true

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Uhm I am not a native speaker, but I am pretty sure it should say "figuratively" if you are not actually dying…

I get a funny sense of click baiting…

Why do you think you have to rely on people in your town when you just can upload your music and connect and collaborate with like minded people all around the world?

Besides that: I started making beats in 1995… What do you think, how I learned to produce? By watching Tutorials on the Internet and crying on Forums? Or by loving the idea of making dope beats and just DO IT?

So, PRACTICE and "DO IT!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. xXDayDreamerXx

xXDayDreamerXx Ultrasonic

nnn as someone who knows too much theory but enough sound design this is too true. The best places to start with getting ideas out of your brain and onto a piano roll is to see if you can figure out a key and tempo. Just go from there, slowly. (Pro tip: you can find what key you're in by looking for the note your tune appears to use the most. I'd say the accuracy of this method is about 87%.) Good luck mate! Nice to see another teen on the forums too. And let's face it, as teenagers we are always slowly dying because we realize we actually are. :rofl::guru:

12. Tealla

Tealla Kapellmeister

Later on in life, most people who never had anyone to tell them what to do at that age, wish they did. Oh how they wish...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Start listening to what you want to make, in your case techno & experimental.
    Just start making beats, just do it. You're 15 and have all the future you want !

Cheers!

14. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Then it looks like the hobby you have is perhaps not the one for you. Perhaps try fly fishing instead.
    If you don't enjoy writing songs or have even a sniff of fun wondering if others will also like what you create, then you're in for a hard slog of formulaic, generic, painting by the numbers song writing.
    You need to ask yourself the hard questions, like why do you want to do something you get no fun from?

15. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Experimental?
    Just go for total serial + concrete music... a breeze!

16. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I'm four decades older than you are, so don't take this as patronizing nor paternalistic. No one ever schooled me on how to get by in life, much less to realize myself as an artist - so with that in mind:

When I was your age, it was well before the availablilty of four-track cassette recorders, so imagine MY frustration at age 15. I made my own electronic "instruments" out of re-routed circuits through tape recorders and amps. I made tape loops that were as long as to through three rooms of the house, with two tape recorders, one whose "erase" head I removed so that I could keep adding sound to the loops. And so on. It wasn't until in my 20s (in the '80s) that four-track cassette recorders were commercially available, and even then, I couldn't afford outboard gear, so I would borrow friends' delays and reverbs and such. I kept with the four-tracks into my 30s, in the '90s, when I got so frustrated from being unable to make the music I'd heard in my head that I just quit. Fast-forward to the end of my 40s, when a 20-year-old showed me Garageband on the Mac, and a light went on inside me. In my mid-50s now, I have finally been able to get all that music, and much more besides, out of my head, much of which I would never have expected.

I could not have made the music I have in recent years, with this technology, without all the life-experience that's gone into it. Life-experience is overlooked in discussions here; it's always about "what software" and "which tutorial" and whether one "has to" learn music theory or not. Give me Albleton or Logic Pro at 15, and it would have been wonderful for me; I'd have done a lot with them - though I could not have done nearly as good music, with developed ideas and effective composition, as I have in adulthood. And yeah, I had studied music theory, in my latter teens - but it did me little good for making tape loops and electronic sounds. Music theory is a foundational element for musically communicating, like grammar in verbal communication. However, every bit of knowledge and experience is important toward building one's art. The focus common in discussion of "what it takes" to "produce" music too often focuses on the least one can get away with doing and using to at least produce a gilded turd that sounds like something famous. The more that someone takes into account as valuable toward what they do, the better what they do will be.

My point is that all the music, of every sort, that you can possibly listen to, every conversation you can have about music itself, every instrument you can at least try to play (even if not well), every musician you can watch and listen to perform, every scale and harmonic system you can learn about (if not compose in), every gizmo through which you can wham-away with an electric guitar plugged into at random setting, every joy and grief and love and humiliation you experience, all the shit that you don't know yet that you'll have to live through and try to stay sane about - and yes, even all the software you can download and try and maybe even buy - is "what it takes" to really produce the music that you hear in your head, and maybe all the music you won't realize was there unless you'd embraced the never-ending process of turning your life into art.

17. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Sorry, Shia - it's alread been done:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

All the time I hear aphex twin, flying lotus and others,but I never liked pop and the so called EDM because of the dynamic range it has, every time my sister puts pop I get tinnitus all the day ;-;.

19. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Yup, I´m an idiot ;-;.

20. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

But I Want to make crazy things with synths but my sister says experimental sucks ;-;.
    Now you know why I hate 2010 pop. :D

21. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Yeah,But I think everybody hates me to do a collab XD.

Attached Files: