I want to have another production. Before any activity, I'd like to check it out with you.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jul 28, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

What do you expect me to do? Please list your requests such as tempo, key, theme, etc.
    Don't hesitate. I can hear your beseeching voices.:bleh:

3. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

With 23 000 users! I wonder what genre it will be? Technoproggresivetrancetrapvocaldancejazzheavymetalrockpunk? Interesting???:dunno::)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Any style, maximum three key changes, eight bar intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-chorus, vocal melody played on keys if not sung.

Do it :yes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Take a shot at hardstyle at 160bpm. That should keep you busy for a day or so.

Here's something to get you pointed in the right direction:

Seriously @foster911 I'm not taking the piss here. It's a genuine suggestion that I think you should get your head around in order to expand your repertoire beyond the creation of pretty synth melodies. Consider it a technical exercise rather than a fortune-making enterprise.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  6. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I don't think Foster has the means to make anything similar to a specific genre. He's like me (and many other) when starting out: just making random stuff with lots of inspiration from different genres, making a soup which has no clear indications or rules. That's fine, that's how you start honestly, then you start studying and LISTENING to a lot of music of the style you like/want to make.
    He removed his old signature, which said "Without listening to thousand of tracks, you'll produce absolute shit" or something like that
    If I have to say do something, go with hardstyle as above :D some hard dance should be easy, right foster? 4 on 4, easy melody, cheesy stuff, right? Right? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

One thing only...

[​IMG]

Free your mind.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you so much for constant supporting me.:mates:

As you know, I'm suffering from the syndrome of using too many notes. After wrangling with myself, I decided to commit myself to trade off lowering the musicality for retooling the status of my works to be structurally tolerable and in the same ballpark as commercial ones.:winker:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  9. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

[​IMG]

10. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

95 BPM, A Major, Funk.

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

I also have another syndrome and it's not getting satisfied with quiet sounds. My ears have been accustomed to aggressive and wild sounds.

This snippet contains just 12 notes. If I could overcome my obsession of using many notes, how to solve the second problem? I don't know how you feel by listening to this snippet but for me is so acceptable.:dunno:

https://clyp.it/iam4njti

12. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I'm fine with it. Should others find it hateful, it's their privilege to disagree.

There is no onus upon the artist to explain or apologize for their works. S/he either please some people all of the time, or all people some of the time but never all people all of the time.

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

New sounds, new genres

If the piano sounds being considered, you can imagine lots of genres have been emerged from it. The same for other acoustical instruments. How many Rock and Metal sub-genres have been developed from just the guitar sounds?

In the electronic we're dealing with unlimited number of sounds so unlimited number of styles and structures are being assumed but why should we always stick to the structures that have been predominantly dictated from the POP&Rock worlds? I mean Verse, Chorus, etc. structures that have been enforced on us and the producer is obliged to respect those expected regulations. Who says that kind of structuring is more successful than others? Just because non-musicians can understand them so easily?

In my way, you always face with something different. I just say different not good. My works are disrespecting all of those preordained conventions. I don't say I've been successful. No not at all. You can find it out from the reactions of members here but why all of the capabilities of human being turned out in favor of holding some known structures in reverence?

Another simple question?
    Why do people like the terms of techno, trance, house music? They do like them mostly for their structures and the per-specified feelings that they can get. In my every experimentation, I create new feeling, new rhythm, new whatever. If I could compel myself to structure them in the form of a mentioned genres, you think the job is finished?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  14. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Ah, man, no. It's never finished. In a universe of infinite possibility and opportunity we merely join the long line of people hanging their heads in shame and self-doubt whilst walking forward with what we learned, hopefully to get it right next time.

15. Aliens

Aliens Guest

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. No one is coming round your house to enforce.
    If writing a quick fire song within a set framework offends (or if you can't do it), then by all means forget you asked us in the first place, and just give us another 1:29 clip containing all the chords known to man instead. You'll still get soundcloud plays whatever you post.

16. exr777

exr777 Producer

Orchestral version of Giant steps.
    Go.