I Wanna Know if Someone Actually Dislikes This Song

Discussion in 'Music' started by GreatJobChamp, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You remove the naked girls and the beach and the song is common.The naked girls are common too.

2. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Love it! There's a lot of variation. It's a flavor explosion in my brain. It's eccentric in a peculiar way, but not over the top. Love that harmonic tension and release in the bass @ beginning parts. Kevin Parker knows how to take you for a weird ride.

Also, listen to the bands "Pond" and "Unknown Mortal Orchestra".

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I managed 2mins, if I hear another "closer, closer clooooser" today I'll put a fire out with my face.

Not that it was really bad, it was just annoying.

4. Grok

Grok Producer

can't love this

5. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Now this one is a bit more to my liking. It is lennonesque and it also reminds me of Floyd meets The Sweet. It has that early Seventies vibe too.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Humans have experimented with many styles of life and now it's the science's turn to govern the world. Any society based on mere science is dull and dull people want dull culture and dull music.

Science supplies the rudimentary needs but on the other hand restricts other aspects of life. Whatever you do is measured against some defined standards and turns people to some common and controllable beings.

In the past, humans were more customized and free than today. Dull scientists have confined people to their plain, fixed and stupid defined rules and now you can observe their decisions. Stupid coherent society.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Beatles-ish? Lennon-like? Maybe it’s an overstatement, but there’s something to that song. It’s a well rounded track, simple and effective. Yep, undislikeable.

8. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

* Ooops! (inadvertently must've hit "save"! My bad!!

9. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

:woot:
    It does nothing for me... but I'm from an older generation and actually lived through the original sound that they (Tame Impala) re-hashed, which is the British Pop music from 1980's... it all sounded the same after awhile :crazy: and this just sends me back to that awful period for which I played in live bands and thought I loved at that time (because it paid a lot of money!!!):rofl:

Also... the over-use (back then) of the triplet/shuffle beat is what you subconsciously attach yourself to. It's what makes the music catchy. It's a "happy" beat.

10. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Tame Impala just got a new fan.

11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Not so much science as Technology. Smart phones, Laptops, computer games, Facebook etc. Kids these days sit in their bedroom with their face stuck to a screen zombified and listless. I have a wee niece who used to be care free and inquisitive. She would ask for your attention and it was a pleasure to conversate and play with her. Once she got her first smartphone her character totally changed an she became withdrawn and apathetic. Very sad as she had such a beautiful personality. Technology stole that spark and turned her into an extremely dull person. I feel sorry for modern day kids as they are surrounded by this mind numbing technology and then their education includes Gender and Identity politics. They don't really get to know their authentic selves.
    Auch aye when I was a lad we made our own toys from tree branches, pram wheels, string, elastic bands and planks of wood and we would run around freely without a care in the world. Changed days Foster, changed days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Seriously? Guh. Where to start.... how about 1) The Beatles?!?! You clearly have a very limited listening library if the nearest comparison to this drivel is The Beatles. Basically, grab any cassette tape out of a 99-cent bin that came out in the early 90's and you'll hear the same trash that washed ashore from the wave that was the overly-prodroduced 80's. 2) Seedz nailed it, with the comment on how it has the repetitive, bland, Tears For Fears-esque. This track is the epitomy of what a song should sound like if it wants to be a candidate for generic "safe" radio play. 3) Their mixes didn't get "tighter" or more "polished." Mixing is largely a matter of taste, but at the end of the day, these guys have a very plastic, overly compressed tone to their mix that, sadly, fits their uninspired music....so, I guess I'm saying that the plastic-wrapped mix fits the group. Too subtle? I hope not. And 4? It *is* possible, sooo very possible, to dislike this song. I need to go cleanse my ears.... :suicide:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. jhn

jhn Ultrasonic

In actuality i actually thought it was somehow actually at the same time actually happening in actual time as the actual events which had transpired before actually happening......actually

14. TW

TW Guest

Not my cup pf tea. I would discribe it as elevator music - the music you listen for 25 seconds, you move your toes, as soon you get out of the elevator you forgot the tune. Trivial music did not catch me at all... but taste you know...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  15. scrappy

scrappy Platinum Record

bowels of the skullery at the court of king boris
    Tame Impala?
    Nah.
    Let's hear it for the Tapir* I say.

*Bill Bailey wore it better

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

If you seek anything other than music, chick this out::bleh: