I Think...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by remix, Dec 17, 2011.

1. remix

remix Platinum Record

some people actually forget about the music...

Dont worry about frequencies, charts, diagrams, etc..

Trust your ears.

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

4. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

if u want your music to be listenable u gotta worry about those things,in a live situation u can forget about them but when it s about recording u gotta do something to make your worki intelligible.
    actually most people keep on playing the same old three chords,when they play them,and stuff them with ef or play them with new sounds,because an uneducated ear makes the the mistake of confusing new sounds with new harmonies,
    putting some passion and effort in what soeone does to what they want instead of what they can would be a great thing.
    but even if u write something beautiful and original that stands on its own without tons of ex,u gotta make what u did listenable.
    think of a very simple acoustic instument:u play it and it sounds good,record it and it will suck if u don t worry about the production

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

i just think people put to much emphasis on the tools rather than the music sometimes...

6. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Its good to hear sound that is raw like if you go into pubs (bars) Then you realise how much top bands use equipment that makes them sound good when in reality they sound shit.A good drummer dont need nothing to enhance his drums niether does a good guitarist or vocalist.or a piano player. Ive met musicains who just play, dont make CDs or what ever because they just love doing the music.And the bottom line is money wich kills everything off in the end. Ive worked on seting up stages and have seen the differnt set ups.some use computers some dont.You could get into a whole lot of things when you start on it.Music for Ipods and cars.I think is differnt when you want music whacking out at 200.000 volts. speakers stacked up to the cieling and you want to feel the ellectic vibes blasting out of them.and a bit of ratling enhances the vibe.If you havnt been up the road of the rock n roll life style you wont understand it.Nowt wrong with a bit of ruff :bleh:

7. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

O yeah befor I forget its the so called educated that fck everything up because they think they know it all. When you know how long a piece of string is. then you will know it all.

8. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I like production, a completelly mesmerizing thing.

9. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

One thing is make music,
    another thing is make it sound good.
    But, is best sound new than good. *yes*

I think all is important, but the most important is enjoy what you make.

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Your ears can fool you.

So can meters.

tl;dr you need both.

11. Alexander

Alexander Newbie

Wow, thank you.