I think I've finally got that hit record. ;)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by solo83, Jan 17, 2016.

1. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Haven't and won't be commenting on Adelle or anyone for that matter...

...but you know the thread is over when someone brings up industry prizes (grammy) as a measure for quality. :no:

2. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

This thread isn't over. See, Bump. Logical thinking people would concur that the thread went to shyt when he compared a girl singing kareoke in a mall to Adele, regarding quality. Haters getting buthurt and defending haters. Hilarious stuff.

3. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Out of tune and takes too long to reach notes (live). An uneducated voice.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  4. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

topkek

and yeah, Adele is pretty horrible...

5. Yes, there are thousands, most probably tens of thousands of fantastic singers in the world, some that you graciously gifted us with turning us on to them, but I feel that Adele, although I don't totally dig her trip, is also one of them.

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I concur ...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. timer

timer Producer

Sure it was an unfair comparison. It's much easier to sound good on record or on stage than in a mall. :)

Adele may be a great singer, but there are billions of people on Earth, many of them great singers, too.
    Most of them don't even want to have a career in music business.
    That should not be a problem for anyone. Relax!

8. ceanganb

ceanganb Ultrasonic

I guess watching some X-Factor auditions and the likes give you a good idea of what is this discussion all about. Not that I agree with most judges judgement, but singing is not about notes, timbre or emotion separately, it's a combination. Adele seem to get these three elements in a nice harmony. You1ll hear lots of people that can sing ´better´ than her from a technical point of view.

You don't like Adele, that's fine. But she impresses lots of people, myself included (and I really don't like her music style). So what it proves? Choral singers can get to higher registers? And?

I'm amazed at the negativity in the forum, which causes me not to participate as much as I wanted. Every subjective thread like this could be cut to about halt a dozen posts to be productive, it seems.

9. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Nearly said the same thing myself.
    It's not like I'd really listen to either. The Tony Bennett link to Gaga maybe makes me a little bias.
    Ultimately a great voice doesn't mean great music and vice versa. I'm not denying that Adele is a fantastic singer. In the pantheon of greats ? I ain't so sure. Time is on her side though.

You can be a fantastic singer and still sing dull music though. Look at Leona Lewis. The song is always more important than how well it is sung. I'd rather listen to a great Neil Young, Bob Dylan or Tom Waits song over the vocal gymnastics of an fickle X Factor / pop star. Dying industry as far as I am concerned.

10. I sang Gaga's praises as a singer way long before she proved her true vocal chops standing next to the likes of the great Tony Bennett. People laughed at me when I said this but now are agreeing wholeheartedly.

11. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Jesus.... we are actually debating if Adele is any good? hahahahahahaha

Hope she doesn't read this forum, she'd be horrified :rofl: