I think I've finally got that hit record. ;)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by solo83, Jan 17, 2016.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Melodyne? ctfu

2. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Processing isn't used to make her sound like a better singer..lol. Do you know why compression andsaturation are even used for? Every professional artist has an fx chain. Is this even serious? smh

3. JosPhantasmE

JosPhantasmE Newbie

Well, Amy Lee's voice types and Adele's are both Mezzo Soprano, slightly variations in notes and octaves... And lest guess who have more octaves and a higher voice range, Amy Lee, mate.

As of Ariana Grande, I wanted to bring a fresh voice, contemporary to Adele's, Comparable... The chick is not my favorite, but she is okay, and can do impressive things with her voice.

4. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

ok that was a bad yoke. but to be real,
    I would love to hear the dry signal instead of 99% church.

Not that it would be bad but I'm pretty sure nothing supernatural is going on.
    this are not simply bedroom productions, but productions with engineers that know what they are doing.

5. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Some would argue that the more money something makes, or the more popular, then the worse it actually is.

I agree that she is an amazing singer. This single just doesn't really move me. It's also a little over produced. Not very subtle.

Was/will turning 25 (be) the most profound thing you had ever experienced in your life ?

6. ceanganb

ceanganb Ultrasonic

People who thinks Adele is a studio trick haven't heard her alive. I don't like the song, but the lady can sing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Really and truly, whoever trashes Adele are trippin' and just looking for excuses to degrade her and vent some pent up anger at the world in some way, in any random direction, and I for one believe they cannot be taken seriously. For whatever reason this opinion is colored because by every and any definition of what constitutes a great singer is embodied by her voice. Let us break it down. She is very, very on pitch, has a very decent range, has both a soft quality as well as unbridled power on command, the ability to creatively play with her timbre, her words are understandable and not garbled, has harmonics that lend depth to a performance and shows that she is in command of the full resonance cavities of her body and so simultaneously has depth and brightness, and, so with this in mind, please inform us of your reasoning explaining how she is not a great singer. You may not like the quality of her voice, the way she looks or the songs she sings, but to denigrate a fine artist seemingly arbitrarily is just plain silly.

8. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

I really cannot stomach that style of shrieking. It sends a shiver up my spine in a bad way. Not relaxing, not stimulating but plain irritating. She can belt out a yell but singing? Also the predictable piano progression does nowt for me either. I don't understand what has got into people that think this is the best talent in the UK. Too much believing the hype and getting brainwashed with X factor I think.

9. Bare bones.

10. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

Lady Gaga > Adele

I had to lol

11. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Some people just hate because they can. There doesn't need to be any logic or reasoning behind it.

12. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Man fuck y'all Michael Bolton is the greatest!!! Talkin bout some time love & tenderness!!!

13. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

The remix is better

14. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Predictable chord progressions (and vocal melodies) are a disease. One artist brings up a new single and if it's successful, you'll hear that same song appearing as the "new single" for all similar artists. They just change the lyrics and it's done.

It's not enough that pop music always follows the same structure... you have to copy your competitor's sound and exact chord progression.. and worst of all, people will love it because they already loved it the first time it originally came out. :rofl:

15. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

Sales do not necessarily equal talent. It has been proven many times over. Comparing apples and oranges is ridiculous. Everyone has their own opinion and in the court of talent, mistrial is often invoked. IMHO, the most talented people I have ever seen were playing to a handful of people in small clubs and on the sidewalks of major cities for tips. As my Father once told me, "just remember.....there is always someone better".

16. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Unless you're doing jazz, or blues and invoking 7ths 9ths and 13ths, what kind of chord progressions are you expecting from pop music? Once you start getting to complex on the musical theory sides of things is it even pop music anymore? Complex doesn't equate to good. Also music is going to be recycled ad nauseam anyways, especially regarding the production aspect, there's really only so much you can do with dance pop and contemparary rnb. And honestly every limit has been pushed in those genres.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Honestly this is average and a lot of students singing in choir would be equal or smoke her in one go, I've never paid attention to her, but now I've listened to this video and it's literally an embodiment of previous reply:
    "I really cannot stomach that style of shrieking. It sends a shiver up my spine in a bad way. Not relaxing, not stimulating but plain irritating. She can belt out a yell but singing? Too much believing the hype and getting brainwashed with X factor I think."
    Any kindergarten music teacher probably can sing that way.

Not hating, but if that video is it, then she's average, it's like comparing bieber to mercury... one is an average singer, another unprecedented talent in bands reaching top charts, purely in terms of singing.

18. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

I'd love to see some examples, and cites to strengthen your argument. Otherwise it's mere lip service and hating.

19. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

lol at "average" I've sung in church choirs and school choirs my whole life. If that Adele video is average then the standard for good must be unattianable. Let's not be disengenious here.

20. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Smokes your shrieking, irritating Adele, this is literally listenable. On that note I assume that video was the best she can and the best is average to my ears...

BTW this a completely random clip, I went to youtube and typed in, "gospel choir solo".... there are legions of other clips, like I've said, who sing way better and every second choir student probably is equal to your Adele...

This one is the next level, if we strictly assume that Adele is a "talent" there in that video... literally the next level...