I scraped the prices of over 15k plugins to create an audio plugin price history and price alerts

Discussion in 'Software' started by MusicSoftwareDeals, Oct 6, 2023.

1. MusicSoftwareDeals

MusicSoftwareDeals Ultrasonic

Haven't updated this thread in a while so just wanted to let you guys know some of the latest updates we've made:

1. Added sidebar with extra navigation options like Top 20 synths, Top 100 Products etc.
    2. Added a newsletter (signup in the sidebar) and at https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/newsletter/ where we send just 1 email per week with a curated list of the "best" audio plugin deals. This means we're not sending a list of hundreds of them, but just what we feel are the best ones that deserve your time.
    3. Improved the database so page loads faster. There were quite a few database errors lately as traffic and data grows so we made a lot of improvements here and are in the process of moving hosting which should speed it up by around 3X
    4. Added tags to product pages so you can see what category a product is in, click on that category and see more. eg. https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/price-history/mtremolomb-by-meldaproduction/ shows as effects, tremolo - click either and you'll see more of those types of products.
    5. Made it default to not show products that are preset / expansion packs, upgrades, crossgrades, education versions etc. as they clutter up the search results. However, you can show them in the "More Options" under the search results
    6. Added the filter for showing the product types mentioned above (presets / upgrades etc.) to every manufacturer page to again not clutter up results. For example you can see here that presets packs are not shown until you tick the "Show Presets / Expansion Packs" box:

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/manufacturer/tracktion

7. We added more sorting options to the front page along with the table format

Right now we're currently looking at improving the homepage because we're finding most people who visit the website aren't too interested in seeing the latest deals (or at least not in that current format) so we're looking to optimise the layout of the front page to show more information on everything going on.

Also, tagging is still in progress as its hard to manually tag over 17k products, but we're getting there!

Would love to hear your feedback if you have any

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  2. MusicSoftwareDeals

We've just changed hosting and upgraded resources and now there should be no more "database error" messages and the site should load quite a lot faster now :)

3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Hi, I don't think search works properly yet?

[​IMG]

4. MusicSoftwareDeals

5. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

I only came in here to complain about people using the site to shill their terrible products.

But then I actually looked at the site and it's great. A real service to the sites selling these products and to users looking for the best deals. I hope you make a shedload of money off it.

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

7. MusicSoftwareDeals

Ah! I see you're using the search bar rather than the search on the homepage. Looks like the small searchbar isn't working properly, thanks for letting me know, will fix now

8. MusicSoftwareDeals

Thank you BuntyMcCunty :)

Just trying to make a useful tool for people (and obviously hopefully that will make money but focusing on making the tool really useful rather than making money)

9. april190595

april190595 Noisemaker

15k pc software plugin ? f*ck bro , our pro studio we work with aint even charge us half of dat fo a full hour in booth session n recording

10. april190595

april190595 Noisemaker

sry ma bad homie , thought u where talkin bout a $15k US sweed Dollarz worth plugin , some good deals over there , my bro i was 10 at the time used to fool me around , if u aint got a V8 to drive round by the time u 16 o 18teen u finished in this b itch a ss goddamb muthafu ckin life , a swift death , final hourz welcome

lol , that m ofo , some folk juzz aint right in them mind , so be it

11. MusicSoftwareDeals

[​IMG]

12. MusicSoftwareDeals

Hi @tzzsmk we fixed all of the search options now so they should all work correctly now thanks :)

13. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

very nice thx <3

14. MusicSoftwareDeals

We've got a brand new homepage design! We can now show all of the information people usually search for in one place:

• Latest deals
    • Popular products
    • Popular brands
    • Deals Under $5
    • Deals Under $10
    • New Lowest Price
    In the sidebar you'll see we have a range of additional suggestions options there too plus under the search bar on the homepage you'll see the "Advanced Search" option which gives you more options in a far clearer way.

Hopefully people like the new layout!

https://www.musicsoftwaredeals.com

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  15. aschnt

aschnt Producer

Thanks a lot man ! Your website appears to be a wonderful tool for xmas presents :D !!

16. MusicSoftwareDeals

Thanks glad you like it!