I remade RC-20 (using Snap Heap) and it's kinda decent - Free DL

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by MBC_Music, May 28, 2024.

1. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Hi all,

I've been diving into the world of sound design over the past year and Snap Heap has been a very inspiring tool with incredible functionality. While creating presets for it I thought it would be kind of funny to see if I could recreate XLN Audio RC-20 using only what is included with the stock Snap Heap modules. This sent me down a rabbit hole haha.

Here's a video for the project with details about how I made it:

You can download a fully featured version of MC-20 on my Gumroad page for free at the link below!:
    https://matthewbcarter.gumroad.com/l/mc-20

I ended up being able to recreate RC-20 to a surprisingly accurate degree and created a pretty usable product. It doesn't sound exactly like RC-20, but the advantage of my version (MC-20) is the ability for better sound shaping possibility thanks to the complex environment of Snap Heap, and the ability to add modules to MC-20 in Snap Heap to do things that RC-20 can't do (delays, modulating modules like filters and distortion).

I then made so updated to MC-20 to include functionality that I had missed such as Dropouts in the Magnetic module of RC-20.

Here is a video about the updates I made:

In this video I show off a lot more of the presets I made.

I also went ahead and recreated every RC-20 preset and made some of my own presets and If you enjoy the project and want to support me I am selling the pack of 76 presets for $2 USD on my gumroad at the link below:
    https://matthewbcarter.gumroad.com/l/mc-20-full

I won't be mad if my presets end up on the sister site. The more people who use them or find them useful, the happier I am.

If you don't want to buy the presets but still want to support me please consider subbing to me on YouTube or just liking the video or commenting. Any support is greatly appreciated.

***If you have any issues with the presets (free or paid) please let me know so I can attempt to fix the issue as quickly as possible!***

Please let me know what you think of my project or the final product! If you have any recommendations for how I can improve it please let me know as I am open to feedback and criticism.

Thanks a lot everyone,

Matthew C

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

If anyone who downloads them has the chance to test them, please let me know if they work for you!

First time releasing any Snap Heap presets.

4. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

I haven't watched the video as it is late where I am, but I will tomorrow morning,... but I appreciate your gumption and effort and imagine at the very least the task taught you more then you even realize right now... respect!

(and I wish I was younger and had that kinda "get up and go'ness" ...:guru::yes::)

5. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

I don't use snap heap but this is dope.
    Good work MBC_Music.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

My credit card refused your request for payment and I won't use PayPal after their fuckery snubbing the use of their services during covid and disregarding the use of free speech, so I guess I'll just have to wait to see it on the sister site. I appreciate your hard work on this project of yours though. I tried.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Thanks a lot for that

Don't feel obligated to watch the whole video haha. I can get a bit monotone and boring. It's basically just the background of how I designed it. Idk maybe you're into that though.

It was an interesting creative project! I don't have any background in coding or plugin design so I can't really make my own plugin. This was the closest I could get. Everyone has their own creative outlet and this was my outlet for a while. I definitely learned quite a bit along the way. Probably a lot more fun than learning to code. :rofl:

Thanks a lot for the support!

8. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Thank you! Snap Heap is a fun little playground. The sky is the limit!

9. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

awesome! very well done! snap heap is a beast of a plugin. thanks for your time in creating this!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. stefodis

stefodis Producer

Nice, I will try that.
    Cool having the oportunity to use something that relates to RC-20, more tweakable and that doesn't necessarily have "that" overused and recognizable sound. Will give you my feedback on it, thanks !

11. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Thank you! You can probably get a bit dirtier and weirder sound out of Snap Heap. Especially the noise module I made that can react to the level of incoming audio to generate noise. That was a pretty cool find.

12. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Just a note if anyone decides to buy the full preset pack.

The preset pack says "66 Presets" when you download the zip file off of Gumroad, but I checked earlier and it does contain all 76 presets as I state in the listing title.

I guess I forgot to change the name of the .zip folder. Whoops. At least I didn't forget to add the presets.

Also, one person on YouTube reported that when they tried to load the presets, none of the modules showed up. Nobody else has reported this yet but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

If so, please reach out to me via DM with the OS, DAW, and Snap Heap version you're using and I'll do my best to figure it out.

Thank you all for the support! (And thank you to the Mod who moved my post to the correct category).