I recieved a 1-point warning for a "politcal content" but . . .

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by freefeet12, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Issue is my thread was not about politics. I asked about government programs that were shut down in the US in the lounge/off topic section. I asked users who did try to get political not to get political (with the rule in mind, which BTW lacks any detail as of now) and expressed that I don't care to discuss politics. Yet my thread gets deleted and a 1-point warning is issued to my account. I don't actually care that my thread got deleted (I got what I needed out of it, and it was a long time ago) or that I get warning points on my account. This forum is just not that important to me honestly. They can ban for all I care, it's no loss whatsoever to me. It's the principle of it. There is political content all over the forum and I got to wonder why those aren't deleted and I assume since they're not that those people are not getting warning points on their accounts. I'm curious if the people who got political in my now deleted thread got a 1-point warning on their account for posting, you know, actual political content.

That rule about no political content is meant to curve fighting. Well just look at the coronavirus thread, for example. There is both political content and fighting in that thread. It's still up and it's a lot bigger than my mostly ignored now deleted small question thread.

To be clear this not a political thread nor am I asking the mods to take any action on my part or correct their obvious misjudgment of my thread.

All I'm asking for here is some consistency and objectivity. I was just looking for a list of said programs which a user kindly provided. I had no interest in discussing the why or when of it and I made that clear in the thread.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

You mean "their decision". Which as the rules state is final and not open to question/discussion.
    It's almost as if you are questioning/discussing it again.

I'm sorry for you that this happened.

4. Nought

Nought Guest

Justice... A forgotten demand. An abstract term, to the eye unreachable on the face of earth. Maybe on other planets. You should wait till then.:sad:

:rofl:

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

If you click on a member's name you can see the amount of warning points he/she received. At least if there is a 0 you'll know he/she didn't get one for your deleted thread.

Btw, I think this thread has quite some potential to be deleted too. :winker:

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

WTF?? HUH?? There is a point system? man had I known that, I would have tried harder to be a dick. What is the prize for the most points?:dunno:

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

First place in the Hall Of Shame. :rofl:

8. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I posted in that thread and kept up with it somewhat. It did get political in the middle and near the end which is why I questioned the motivation at the start. It waded into toxic territory and I bet that near the end it probably got worse.

If you look at it from the moderator's point of view it might seem like a slow troll on a political subject. @freefeet12 you have strong views and regardless of your conviction some of those views are political and abrasive. I've been censured as well for a moment of red mist and my strong views which are probably diametrically opposed to yours.

It happens sometimes, just suck it up, be aware and move along. The moderators for the most part are doing their best can and they most definitely do not have any bias for your views or mine. Think of it like a speeding ticket, even if you didn't mean to speed and were just no paying attention while coasting downhill, sometimes shit happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Wow, we can collect warning points as well?! Finally a real goal to achieve here. I'll just spam my album on every thread in every section in every post. :rofl:

11. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I'm posting just so I can click on my name and see if I have any warning points.
    Edit: Zero warning points :wink:

12. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

warning points expire after one year. i got a warning point back in 2018 for posting a recording of guitar feedback when someone requested feedback on their track. the reason for the warning point: "spamming". that reason was funny enough that i didn't care about the warning point.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Nought

Nought Guest

Little strokes fell great oaks.

After getting enough of them and getting banned, you would care.:shalom:

14. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm:

15. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I'm sorry for you that this happened...

Unfortunately, everything is very polarized at the moment. Especially at this moment, all minds are very blunted, 'cos everybody is stressed, afraid, with the energies linked to creativity and sexuality and the sense of social responsibility (both individual and collective) being blocked due to the covid-19 crisis and the uncertainty caused by the inefficiency of some political leaders. The moment does not favor these discussions, unfortunately, but they will eventually return at a more opportune time, I hope.

So, cool your head off and stay safe.

16. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

The first thread of the lounge section is Regarding Politics, Conspiracy Theories, and Controversial Topics! You really should read it.

Your thread was: " US Goverment programs" "Does anyone know of any US government program that has ever been terminated?"
    How can you seriously think that this will not end up about politics?
    But yes. you may not deserve this warning point for your lack of prediction. I will take it out, but the thread had to be removed.

About if members who participated politically to your thread have been warned, the answer is no, as they did not create this thread.
    About members who have made political comments in other threads, unless they have been reported or eventually read by me, they have not been warned either, simply because I cant read the whole forum every day.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Sue the bastards for 35.9 million dollars!!!

18. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

umagabitch

19. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

@Olymoon To me it was a simple question I needed a quick (ish) answer to at the time and I framed it that way in the context of the thread. When JMOUTTON questioned my motivation in that thread I made it very clear what my motivation was, a question, not a discussion, nothing more.

I read the rules here: https://audiosex.pro/threads/audiosex-rules.19991/

"About if members who participated politically to your thread have been warned, the answer is no, as they did not create this thread"

Yet they brought up the politics, I didn't. It just seems backwards to me.

It's whatever at this point. What's done is done. I said my piece and I'm good with that. I'd lock the thread if I could. Feel free to, or delete it if you feel like it.

Thanks

20. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Locked :like: