I pose a question.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Adiea, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Adiea

Adiea Noisemaker

Been trying to figure out ways to release depression and stress into my music and turn it into something happy or just music. This is the result. Enjoy? :thumbsup::unsure:

The question is: What do you all do to add emotion to your music?
    Lately I've been depressed and want to reflect what I feel into my music.:thanks:

I'm new here as you can probably tell so be easy on me. :shalom:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I play with the piano, well.. playing keys in a soul-connected manner, releasing my heart in the process and see what i can come up with originally. Then i develop that idea and turn it into something full of emotions, but now depends on what kind of emotions you're after.
    To sum it up, my point is that it's easier to "add emotions" into a song once you know how to play at least one instrument. That instrument can be the bridge between your heart and your music.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I use cadence, pace, rhythm, tone and pressure to evoke different moods.

edit: and I have to say that's the sickest (as in marvellous) track that I've heard all week. Wow!:shalom:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. statik

statik Audiosexual

i cant even imagine writing music without my emotions in it. how i add them exactly i dont know, prolly the tone does it, all i know is that almost all music i write touches me in some way.

this is a track i wrote 8 years ago after my cousin died, she was 23.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Adiea

Adiea Noisemaker

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to reply to comments :deep_facepalm: Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question :bow: I been want to learn how to play piano but I keep stopping off and on, I can't seem to position my fingers correctly on each key. That is exactly what I been thinking, it seems like once you learn an instrument it connects with you soul, if you feel sad, anger, lust whatever it is you may feel, you can reflect using the instrument. Essentially it becomes part of you. This is why I love music. Thank you! I'm rambling :rofl::wink:

7. Adiea

Adiea Noisemaker

Haha thank you sir :bow::rofl: I'm not exactly sure what I thought about when I made the track, I just know it was the past as the melody from a song I made 2 years ago called skyward. I find it cool to learn what type of teqniques people use when creating music, drawing, writing or whatever it may be. It's one of the single most things I get inspiration for music :yes: Sorry, I just love these emoticons.

8. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Listen to Forest Gump -track -Jenny's Death.

9. davea

davea Platinum Record

Give your emotion trough your music, it's really subjective. I don't have the key for that, unless telling you to learn to listen to you, win enough confidence to do it without fear. Try first by something really simple, minimalist, then you 'll see. A voice or piano melody? Or some chords, which metric? Or simply a rhythm with some sounds carefully chosen. All this, is a cool jam you have to cook.And you already know it :)
    Tell a story, an emotion is always difficult in numerous points. But nothing goes without a bit of work, even lots of work. So I encourage you to record yourself numerous time. Listen it in other circumstance than the time you are working on it (during cooking, traveling, walking etc…), you may know it already!

To come back to your tune "Heaven with U", I'm half /half on it. Be careful about all the breaks suite tricks. This track, for me is just that.
    The beginning sounds really promising, I was gladly surprise, then breaks, breaks down… What do you really want to tell with just: "Blam! Toblitch! ToBlam!" Then "fsiiiiuuuuuuu"! "Creck crcek crecjjkk! Boom!". Ok, some breaks there or there, it's cool. But just that…? People doesn't care to know if you are good to make difficult production trick/stuff. They needs to be taken somewhere else. Too rare, are the artists who are virtuous by their skills & tricks, and not about their cock: " I've got the biggest than you dude!". But also, who are at the service of the music, the way of telling something, telling a story. It's a big debate, I know:) Everybody got his view on it, obviously.
    Please don't be wrong about my purposes, I really don't want to break you on your creativity. It's the inverse of course. So yes, emotion, stories doesn't need virtuosity. They needs to be simple, to be catch right away by any listener. All is about finesse, subtle stuff, vision.

Cheers mate.

10. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Eh....?
    I could answer that but I'm just a percussionist. :chilling:

11. Adiea

Adiea Noisemaker

Wow! Thank you for this! it was very well thought out and I think I understand it. When I listen to tracks say, one I tend to listen to is Simon and Garfunkel - The sound of silence, its simple but there is something about it that gives me shivers when I hear it, or Adelle - Hello and the two songs you recommended. Each one has this certaint spice that helps you feel if that makes sense. I'm going to try and create something that doesn't seem like I am trying hard to put emotion but just letting my thoughts flow into the music. This is one of the many reasons I wish I could sing or rap as I find peace in poetry. Thank you sir :thanks::invision::shalom:

12. I totally feel it.

13. davea

davea Platinum Record

You are welcome, glad I can help you somehow. Please don't hesitate to let us know the next ;-)

Cheers

14. schorsch

schorsch Rock Star

Adia or so, take that:
    James Brown - It's a Man's Man's Man's World (2003)