I now own all my plug-ins legitimately

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by necrophagist, Feb 4, 2014.

1. DontFearTheReaperV4

DontFearTheReaperV4 Noisemaker

Same, when I first learned the wonders of kontakt. (I started with Action strings). Then I done some research and noticed there was 100's of kontakt libraries out there! I swear, you've never had a musical boner bigger than this one when I knew that!

The ball went rolling down the line to Project sam orchestral essentials, Symphobia 1+2, Evolve, Damage etc etc..
    Even Project sam lumina, Huge ass thing and.. I never even use it!

Point im making here besides kontakt induced erections is..
    I just kept wanting and wanting. I hardly use half the stuff Ive got. Or I use it once, or twice in a "test".

So I decided enough is enough, time to buy the most important ones. I'm testing them and removing the ones I will never use.
    And buying ones I know I will get use out of.

Its the exact same with hardware, you buy it.. and you damn well make sure you fucking use it. There is nothing more depressing than a piece of equipment that you went mad to get gathering dust.

For anyone out there whos thinking "Il just use all this for free! forever! this is awesome!!" No you wont, you either wont use it for free. Or you just wont use it. Some other library will come along and make the current one old news. You cant settle into a form of writing.
    And believe me.. thats hell.

Save up, buy ONE. Compare you productivity to the not so bought ones.

EDIT-

Hahahahaha reading through this a second time...

We all sound like recovering drug addicts... xD

"Once you go legit.. its so much better.." etc

2. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Less is more. :mates:

I find it funny that the advice has changed to "limit yourself", "you can get lost in the millions of plug-ins"... But there's truth to it. Not to mention all the great music that's been created with far less means than we have now. Not deciding is so counter-productive. Better to stick to something, get creative and turn it inside-out.

3. olso1

olso1 Newbie

AMEN :rofl:

4. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

R.E.S.P.E.C.T period.

5. retroboy

retroboy Producer

yeah absolutely. Better to be a master of one than a jack of all. :bow:

6. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Edited, because the posts I replied to got deleted.