I now own all my plug-ins legitimately

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by necrophagist, Feb 4, 2014.

1. necrophagist

necrophagist Newbie

Like many poor musicians and students recording software was way too expensive for me and let's not even go into plug-in prices...I was introduced to the world of file sharing about 15 years ago. P2P programs like kazaa and morpheus dominated my web surfing... I was addicted.. downloading everything i could get my hands on including lots of software and plug-ins...

I have since BOUGHT all my software and plug-ins and in time wiped my computer of all cracked stuff and now my mind is so much more at peace and i can just concentrate on making music without a single worry in the world.

Of course, this hasn't stopped me from visiting audio communities and talking to amazing people about all things audio production :) we are so privileged for such amazing services for poor music makers around the world...

So THANK YOU and keep rocking....

I'll just say this one thing... only buy the stuff you're gonna use all the time and keep supporting these developers to continue making products :mates:

Peace out

3. dunkin2dbboi

dunkin2dbboi Newbie

im Impressed! Nice job my Friend :mates:

4. dway

dway Newbie

5. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

what an act of a great, noble, majestic, sublime and yes indeed... heroic character! hallelujah!!!

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

You are my hero. Good for you, have a blue peter badge

7. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Congrats :wink:

I wanna be there soon, too. Only so little stuff left. Actually only two plugins, but who would have thought that these two alone will cost me over 500€ :wow:

If any others who downlaod cracked stuff all the time and use hundreds of plugins read this:
    Choosing to go legal, and therefore focusing on gettin a setup as tiny as possible to save money (and maybe harddrive space) enhanced my way of production a lot. I work way faster now, and I know my stuff. Also it just feels good to have everything legal, even if it hurts first because you had to spend so much money :rofl: Just dont get addicted to all this free stuff!

8. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Gratz.

Almost brings a tear to my eye and shows a good point that many on here and AZ are just musicians who want the tools needed for their craft and has much less to do with "stealing" or "being cheap" people like to blanket layer those for being.

But yeah, the more you learn what you need the easier it is to go legit even though still very expensive not to mention all the hardware crap needed. so congrats

9. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i agree,i wanna make money with my music and i think it s fair to pay for what i use,but it won t happen until i have an income,when i do,i ll gladly pay for the stuff that allowed me to do develop my projects

10. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Congrats :mates:

I'm nearly there, too.
    I bought my DAW, Melodyne editor, and almost all of my mixing plug-ins.

I have still some way to go regarding virtual instruments, since these are the most expensive (where there are also no real cheaper or free alternatives).

Very true.
    If you have problems limiting yourself (which is a MUST, if you want to get something done), going legit will limit you automatically :bow:

11. retroboy

retroboy Producer

Good for you :wink:

These days musicians have so much power having access to amazing amounts of superb software on the net.

I'm quite new to the warez thing and have to admit I do feel like a kid in a sweetshop. It doesn't seem that long ago I was buying awful, terribly designed 90's rack hardware for £400+ just for a mediocre stereo delay which is laughable these days.

My plan (if I can give up my newly aquired addiction to checking out the freshest upload) is to tick the box with whatever plug-in, softsynth really works for me and then not fall into the trap of thinking I NEED the newest compressor vst etc. I've realised I'm in danger of convincing myself that I need ALL of it (me greedy!)...when the reality is back in the old days I was making/ releasing much more music with my shitty overpriced 90's delay rather than patiently waiting for 75GB's of round robin triangle samples to download. :rofl:

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Great Job!!!

Shoot i feel the same way with K'd Products :rofl:

13. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

just for the record,legal software doesn t always give u the support u might need,expecially some big companies r real assholes,avid in primis,and for my experience,m-audio,long before it was incorporated by avid,i assume it got even worse now

14. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Welcome aboard, bro. :wink:

P.S:
    A little advice: migrating's work could not be as easy as you think. When I install legal version of "A.N.A." (Sonic Academy), every time FL Studio's project was loaded, the "A.N.A." VST had not been recognized because the cracked VST had been called "ANA". So before you begin migrating, write the patch's names used by cracked VST.

15. necrophagist

necrophagist Newbie

WOW THANK YOU EVERYONE! Such great support and kinds words... :hug:

I wish you all the success in the world. NEVER GIVE UP what you are best at...And for most of you that's making music.. :mates:

16. DontFearTheReaperV4

DontFearTheReaperV4 Noisemaker

Im currently in this process myself =)
    As you all know its just so damn expensive.
    Audioz and other hosting sites really do make the companies profit.
    Yes people are taking it for free.. but come on.
    Anyone who takes music serious like most of us, will buy the programs eventually! (if they are good!)

I think the sharing of these softwares benefits the companies by far. I know without sites like this, most of these companies would not have any of my money.
    Who has £100's to spare on a piece of software when theres no guarentee it will work and/or if your happy with it. And its impossible to get your money back!

Im so greatful for these sites as they give me the chance, as a musician, to find my own style. My own writing methods. Love for writing. Everything I need. Before emptying my wallet.
    Ill get there soon.. I only need another £1000... already £3,000 down with it....xD But I'm getting there!!

And like many others said, I am so glad to see that there are people on here who do the same! It's not about grabbing what you can for free. Its because we can't afford to buy these softwares upfront.
    The ones who steal it, would never properly use it/buy it anyway. So the company loses nothing.

And again like afew people mentioned..

There is nothing like legally owning your software. Your music production increases 10x.
    Its too easy to browse through the sites and go.. "Oh il try that, il try this"
    Before you know it, your not writing anything. Just collecting and testing.

It benefits the company that we can use it for free.
    But it benefits us, to support the companies.

So get saving now!! You wont regret, and neither will your legions of fans when your writing amazing music! :wink:

Edit:
    PS, Audioz isnt a "hosting" site (im sure) But.. you guys will know what I mean.

I couldn't agree more. A lot of these companies don't give a crap about the customer once money has changed hands.
    Protools/avid/M-Audio etc are pretty damn bad..
    But the worst I have seen is East West. They have some pretty good samples, but the software they run it on is terrible(play engine). Not to mention sometimes you dont even get what you orderd, and they dont help you at all. Because "its too late".
    There have been so many times I'm ready to spend £1,000 on the composer collection but.. I cancel it last minute due to their terrible service. I cant risk that much money and know that if something goes wrong, I'm left on my own with it.

Two companies I have found exceptionally helpful..
    Cockos (Reaper DAW) - Mainly their huge forum, with loads of members. The company is really customer friendly.
    Focusrite - Hands down the best customer service I have had, My interface wasnt working at all (due to pro tools actually). But Focusrite didn't give up, they kept trying to help. Even when I had given up xD They made sure I was happy in the end.
    Thomann (For buying stuff) - Very friendly and helpful, amazing deals. They actually just gave me a 25euro coupon for no reason recently xD Loved it!

The best software/hardware usually comes from the most customer friendly companies. Keep that in mind when buying new stuff.

17. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

It's like me :)

18. retroboy

retroboy Producer

THIS! x10 :rofl:

I feel guilty about the amount of KONTAKT libaries I've already got (maybe 15) not because they are cracked..but I kind of feel like I don't deserve them in a strange way!

Years ago it was synths I'd feel guilty about . If I bought a minimoog I'd force myself to use it on something I released to justify having bought it! Make it pay for itself.

19. google

google Newbie

Piracy is killing musicians :D

20. necrophagist

necrophagist Newbie

THIS ^^

Couldn't agree with you more :mates:

21. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Oh, YOU are the other one who downloaded that :rofl:

Actually I never could find a triangle sample I really liked, so I just bought a triangle :bow:
    It's not that easy to play it as one might think, especially if you are trying to play rhythmic patterns.
    But recording something is always more fun than using samples, at least for me *yes*