I Needs Help to activate Emulator X3

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by adrian, Mar 3, 2018.

1. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

Please
    i am on an old Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 to works with old softwares eg Gigastudio (standalone) and now i like try Emulator X3 standalone but when i goes to activate, process interrupt and open warnings as this: "Unable to validate certificate" and "Activation stopped by Unknown error" ....
    Someone can help me?
    Thanks

3. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

I activated mine after a reinstall of Windows 10 a couple of months back.

4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

If you MUST still use XP, the very least you should do is upgrade to Service Pack 3, and keep offline!

5. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

Thanks for you reply, but if i upgrade to service pack 3 i don't knows if GigaStudio works, i can try to install sp3, activate EmuX3 and revert to sp2 ??? I don't understand what you want to say when you write "Keep offline" ... as activate X3 offline ??? I have re-activate LAN board and all options to go on line and install firefox only just to activate X3 .... after i want to go as before all offline ....
    I think try to install X3 on different netbook wit Win7 32 bit, activate and copy some file (eg exe or license key or registry key) on XP but is to go in blind .... Please some suggestions ???? (sorry for my english)

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

This is covered in the comments for Emulator X3 on the sister site (the 'Z').

"Re-verified on Christmas 2017; authorization servers are still running.

I suspect the issue that most people are having with activation is a Root Certificate error. Older versions of Windows (XP, including POSReady 2009) do not have recent certificates and the rest of the Internet has moved on, therefore Windows cannot communicate with other servers properly. EX3 relies on the Root Certificates built into the OS, so the certificates need to be updated before EX3 will authorize. If 80%+ of sites will not work in Internet Explorer (yahoo.com, et al.) without a certificate error then EX3 is running into the very same issue.

Note: Firefox and other browsers can work around this, so IE should be used to test certificates installed in the OS itself. Also make sure the system time is accurate (synced by Internet, or manually by referenced to the U.S. Naval atomic clock, etc).

One way to approach fixing the outdated certificate problem is to go to "Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components" and then make sure "Update Root Certificates" is checked. Click 'Next' and process the update.

It's conceivable that applying every Windows Update and updating Internet Explorer to the latest version supported will fix this automatically, but manually forcing Root Certificate updates is a lot quicker on a fresh/clean install."

This is the real answer to your question, and the proper solution which actually works.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

Thanks for your reply, i have already read this and try to update browser with firefox, update root certificate and also with manual install of some .cer files downloaded from the web, never of these solutions works. I have installed service pack 3 and this works, X3 is now authorized. I have optimized all system (services, and various other things) and reinstall my Tascam 1804 sb and now also GigaStudio 3.21 AiR it seems works but i try only one time, i need try many times, if not works i can uninstall service pack 3. I have a backup of installed Emulator X3 files with his license folder from programs and other directories and two registry Keys and FlexNet Licensing folder and registry Keys (but i can not be sure i have backup of all files i needs) ... i'll see ... to the future next sentence ....

8. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

9. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

10. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

edit: mistake

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020