I need software for a AKAI MPD 24 Midi over USB pad controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.ThugMoney, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mr.ThugMoney

Mr.ThugMoney Newbie

I just traded some kid a few beat productions for a AKAI MPD 24 Midi over USB pad controller but he did not have the software & Drivers. I looked online for the software & Drivers but had no luck in finding them. Can any one give me some info on how to get this thing working right with my set up. I'm running Windows 7 with a M-Audio Pro-Fire 610 Interface. I'm trying to set it up with FL Studio. When I traded him I knew there would be something wrong with it. The REC button seams to be jammed so I'm going to have to opening it up & see if I can clean it out. Other then that every thing else looks good. I just need the software & drivers. Any way I watched a few videos on Youtube & it looked like something I can use so I went a head & made the trade. If any one can help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

have you looked here?

http://www.akaipro.com/mpd24 :dunno:

4. Mr.ThugMoney

Mr.ThugMoney Newbie

Yea I did. & It still don't work. I think I just need to take it to the studio & see if it works there. Because I don't have my M-Audio Pro-Fire 610 set up where I'm at right now. I think it just need to be set up with the Midi In & Midi Out.

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It doesn't need any drivers. You just connect it over USB, Windows will recognise it and install the universal MIDI driver. Then set it up as a MIDI controller in FL. I would suggest you to connect it over normal MIDI connections, though, since they work far more reliable, and the timing is much better. All you actually need is MIDI out from MPD to MIDI in on your card.

Cheers!