I need opinion for buy it a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by ryck, May 29, 2018.

1. ryck

ryck Guest

hi guys!

so i hope can help me

I want buy a guitar Les Paul, I have 900 dollars (+-) im left player, i see a guitar "Ltd Esp Ec256 Lh Electric guitar les paul (Mics E). And i dont know if this is good and work it like a gibson les paul. Because, always i listen Gibson les Paul,and sound IS amazing!!, But i dont have this money for buy it :unsure:. I livin in Argentina and here all is expensive, anyway...other option i see is a Epiphone guitar,but i still not sure. The guitar i want to buy it, i need work it whit my Ampifiquer Boss Katana 50w.

Well, i need opinions from us, all are welcome and help me to take a idea for what is better or what can work it whit my amp. Thank u!!:wink:

3. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

It depends on that you like slim or fat necks.
    For slim necks buy an Ibanez RG series, with 900$ you can get very decent one. :wink:
    http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_pre18.php?year=2018&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=1&pre=0

I do not like fat necks, however, Epiphone is more logical to buy because it does not get money for its brand, unlike poor devastated Gibson.
    Also, the Ibanez have some classic style guitars. look here: http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_top18.php?area_id=3&year=2018&cat_id=1

In Addition, remember that you can always change your pickups, and the body and neck is the most important thing to care for.

4. Deatchclause

Deatchclause Member

I agree with metaller , Epiphone has a really good line (Price/quality) if you like the Les Paul style and feel. I have always been an Ibanez guy, although just recently I have a pair of Schecters I love. Best way is to actually try/play several guitars till you find the one that feels and sounds best to you.

5. orgcha

orgcha Ultrasonic

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2016-les-paul-studio-faded-hp-electric-guitar
    I have played a Gibson Les Paul Studio since 1993. It has everything you need/want without all the glitz that will wear off with age. Sounds the same, feels the same.
    You said you play left handed? That may put a crimp in this but there may still be some deals out there for the Studio model. There are cheaper guitars out there...there may even be an argument that there are better guitars out there but having a real Gibson is something special. Good luck.

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

agree this would be your best compromise between price and quality... even better if you are willing to buy used..

if you wanted to save some of your Pesos.. you could also check out the Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro (custom shop)
    they go for around half the price of the LP Studio

7. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

Get a LP style guitar with a headstock design where the strings don't go from the nut to the tuners in an angle.

Not like this:

[​IMG]

But like this:

[​IMG]
    The difference is huge. I have never owned a guitar with a gibson style headstock I have not had tuning issues. I mean I have never owned a guitar that didn't have some kind of tuning issues, but like I said, the headstock design makes a bid difference. With the gibson-style design you must be ready utilize all kinds of black magic lubes to make it kinda work. And file it. And it's still not as stable.

8. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

the two guitars in my avatar are a Gibson 1994 les paul studio $1100 and an epiphone 2011 Sheraton ii $550. both are comparable playability. downticks are: the Gibson has a known issue at the 15th fret that only really is an issue for super-close action. and the epi wiring and tone pots are a little cheezy. but I love them both dearly.
    there are several other manufacturers in this price range, I would consider most to be comparable playability IF you personally PLAY them to see how they feel to you. if you want a guitar that will be playable, the only think to do is play with a few. oh, and save a few bucks to drop it off at your guitar tech for a good set up.

best regards

9. Darkhorizon

Darkhorizon Member

Hola Ryck! Como va? Yo tambien soy de Argentina y toco la guitarra. De hecho, tengo 2 Gibson Les Paul así que te puedo orientar y en español. Para no desvirtuar esta cadena, buscame y mandame un mensaje privado y hablamos. Un saludo

10. Some advice I can share is to try before you buy no matter which guitar you eventually choose as there will be differences even in the same model from the same brand. Some will definately stand out from the others. Don't jump at a deal just because it's cheaper and you think that you'll save some money, there might be a great difference because of a hidden defect in the guitar that is not related to you from from an unscrupulous seller. Best of luck.

11. TW

TW Guest

You could look into a Yamaha Revstar. I sold my Gibson Les Paul Standart after i played a Revstar in the studio of a friend of mine. I bougth a Revstar RSP20 which is not a lot cheaper (in my area ~ 25%) than a Les Paul Standart but the craftmanship and the sound is unbelivable for the price.
    For me the best Les Paule style Guitar you can get. Yes even better than a real Standart Les Paul.
    There are cheaper models of the revstar too. They are worth checking out if you look for a "Les Paul".

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
  12. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

100% agree. After 40 years of playing guitar this is the best advice, way over any marketing crap.
    I always hated Telecasters, but after playing the Jim Root Tele one day in a shop I bought it and never used another guitar since. It's a piece of wood that will be close to you for several years, so make the decision based on feel and not what sounds good on albums/youtube etc