I need information about this track

Discussion in 'Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B' started by vibehunter, Dec 25, 2017.

1. vibehunter

vibehunter Guest

Hello there, I need some information about this track

It's persian,
    i need the scale of this track and one more question
    what type of instrument used in verses for main melody? in chorus it's like EQ-ed pizzicato violin but in verses its like a crazy synth or stab or something, u know any vst or instrument for generating that type of sound ?

3. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

Bad programmed trap style percussions.... I think they misunderstood the quantize function in their DAW.... :no:

4. vibehunter

vibehunter Guest

but i think its kinda cool, about that triplet snare roll and clap.
    Anyway do u have any idea about instrument used for main melody in the song? specially in verse section?
    or musical scale?
    i think its a musical mode or sth.

5. timer

timer Producer

I'm a bit in a hurry, so I did not listen to the whole piece, but the scales I heard were simple Aeolian/natual minor for the first and minor for the second part. Nothing too special, no Persian stuff.

6. vibehunter

vibehunter Guest

Thanks for the mode, (btw by persian i meant lyrics)
    do u have any idea about main synth used for verse melody? the instrument that played that Aeolian scale?

7. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i can help with track info since i know little Persian :
    mehrad was one of the members of the suspended group '' zedbazi'' who produce Iranian hip-hop from 2002-2014
    and all got seperated in 2 groups after suspension ,(more info from wiki by key word zedbazi)

as far as i know they record their tracks in LA.USA and each one has his own studio at home
    mehrad studio has alot of vintage synths (my guess is he is using roland keyboards )
    not sure about the scale, thats all i know since a friend of mine is a fan of his style
    and thats all he knows, as for the info/lyrics :
    farmoon is the second track from Mehrad 's Tunnel Album. Mehrad Hayden (or hidden ) uses this lyrical illustration song very well.
    The illustration explains a car in trouble, the ability to take control of this car using farmoon (pedal/gear im not sure on this one) and move forward fast. The path of the car is linked to his personal life mentioning his mom and what she told him about his life friends
    , and many problems including slippery roads make it far away from the target. and how he must be stopped by these obstacles
    in a quick life

personally i think iranians are great in producing music as long as they can work outside iran
    but the their music spreads everywhere in iran within days by mp3s

i mean if i could produce iranian song with romantic lyrics i would be famous in iran by tomorrow morning heheheh

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. vibehunter

vibehunter Guest

Thanks, yeah recently i've been listening to Persian Music and "Zedbazi" is one of the most famous music bands in iran, i think they are pioneer of Underground Music by covering West Rap musics in 90's. I find myself very interested with this kind of music, Mehrad's musics are unique, i can't find any similar piece to his works (But very influenced by bands like Linkin Park and NIN).

If you don't heard yet i suggest you to listen to latest Mehrad's album called "Toonel Vol. 1":

From iTunes and Spotify:
    https://itunes.apple.com/tr/album/toonel-vol-1/id1204300224

I mean, listen to whole album, all productions (mixing and mastering, engineering, beats and melodies, vocals) are in level of contemporary west music and are comparable to top world artists, in every specific track of this album you can hear creative sounds and way of creating music, In Iran where there's no Copyright rule and art is not supported by gov., they even can't play in concerts because of their country's law.

But about that track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpR37_uHXg) i think Mehrad used some audio effected Harp (?!) for main instrument in verses, and EQ-ed pizzicato for chorus, it's some dark atmosphere and melody and i like that too much! since they use Ableton for producing their tracks i think there are plenty of audio effects like Resonator for shaping sounds like that, or maybe it's just my ears illusion for over listening to this music :D

Appreciate that if you guys have any other comment.

9. electriclash

electriclash Guest

first record has noah '40' shebib/drake flow. low-pass filter is your friend

10. electriclash

electriclash Guest

I get more requests for this sound than I'd like

11. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

Agree

12. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I'm not sure about what scale is it, but since it's Persian music, I assume it is more related to Middle Eastern music. I had a bookmarked on Middle Eastern music theory if you like to explore for more: http://www.maqamworld.com/

13. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i remember googoosh singing i believe in love (this song made in 70s i cant believe how much i miss the past
    guys check it out ,you might find it interesting this came from iran making a cover song of nina hart song

(fantastic violins ,awesome 70s guitars and googoosh )

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017