i need help with sylenth1 logic pro x

Discussion in 'Logic' started by ortt66, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ortt66

ortt66 Newbie

when i open the logic pro x after i installed the sylenth1 its showing a message that says " failed to load audio unit sylenth1 , please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance .
    i really aprriceate this if someone could help me cause i am a new mac user bought it before 2 weeks

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I had the same issue. I reinstalled 32 Lives then [ Logic Pro X -> Preferences -> Audio Units Manager ] enabling/disabling Sylenth1. Then it worked. I hope it works for you too.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

hmm Sylenth1 has only a AU32 and this is not supported in Logic X (Apple dropped the AU 32bit support with X)

hmm you can use http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives, this will convert your AU32 bit into AU64 to run with your Logic X.

LD is working like ages on a AU64 version. :dunno:

5. jbreak

jbreak Newbie

Sylenth is 32 bit and Logic Pro X only accepts 64 bit plugins. Get 32 Lives. http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives

6. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Logic is 64-bit only and Sylenth is 32-bit only. You'll have to use a "bridge" application which will allow you to load the 32-bit Sylenth into 64-bit Logic. A popular one is 32 Lives. Bridges like 32 Lives do work, but it's not perfect.

Instead of updating Sylenth, Lennar is offering a package deal of Sylenth + 32 Lives. It's ridiculous. Consider dumping Sylenth, as I suspect lots of people have done. I don't miss it at all.

Edit: Several replies with the same info happened while I was typing mine. Oops.

7. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!!!!... instead of implement 64-bit version they just offer 32-Lives??... they must be low on serious amounts of cash or credit.

8. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

On my Mac, this error "failed to load audio unit" appears only for 64-bit plugins or the ones ressurected by 32 Lives - so I assumed you already have the 32 Lives on your system. 32-bit plugins, Logic Pro X is not even trying to load them yet no reason to generate such an error message.

9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Or on the other hand, may be Apple's policy that eventually forces the important companies to code 64-bit version of their plugins. And we all win on the long term :)

Code:
    Or Apple could stop being so gay and offer BOTH 32Bit and 64Bit support...just like every other DAW manufacturer! 

10. AKMusic

AKMusic Kapellmeister

From Lennar Digital:

Sylenth1 on Mac OSX 64bit
    13 November 2013

"Recently we receive a lot of questions about how to run Sylenth1 in 64bit hosts on Apple OSX, such as the new Logic X and Ableton Live 9. We are still working on a 64bit OSX version of Sylenth1 (the 64bit Windows version is already available) and we're hoping to get it done in the second half of 2014.

If you need to use Sylenth1 in Logic X (or any other 64bit AU host) on short terms, we recommend using the 32 Lives bitbridge.

For Ableton Live or Cubase (or any other 64bit VST host) you can use jBridgeM instead.

(You can follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest news about the 64bit version for OSX)"

11. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:excl: There a very simple + painless SOLUTION:
    Install LOGIC 9 and you'll have Sylenth & peace of mind!
    :wink: