i need help finding HELP

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by filtersweep, May 14, 2016.

?

is samplitude the most under rated DAW ever?

1. i should say so

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. sampli- what?!

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I'm glad you're enjoying it man.
    Hit twice the note on the virtual keyboard to deselect completely the note in the midi editor and see them all again. And no, not a bug, Sam is massively used by people doing score, great with it's partition editor. With many notes you want to be able to filter things out easily. That's what it is for.
    For your second problem I get it now : and there is a command to solve it (assign it a shortcut I did it) : in track menu "tra ck size" then "minimize none" it will put all tracks at equal size, with in combination with "maximise track" it should do the trick, it normally puts the track back to the size you chose for it before minimizing.
    For example you have all your track at the same size, you enlarge track number 2 at a certain size. You push "minimize track" they all go back to small size, and if you hit "maximise track" with the track you previously enlarged (number 2) selected, it will go back to the enlarged size you previously used.
    I hope that helps.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

ok, well i have learned a tonne since yesterday. i still can't quite get to grips with the zooming and track sizes. i have a hangover from using reaper shortcuts.. i just wanted to say thanks for the help.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

4. filtersweep

this track size business is beginning to drive me a bit crazy. i cannot set a size by default. i cannot size heights the way i would like. i am getting bored of tracks filling up the window and maximize track always getting ticked. i just cannot get my head around it. it's the sort of thing i may end up giving the app up . even the mixer decides how big it wants to be, i cannot define the size .. anybody?
    : (

5. filtersweep

ok, simple question but i can't find an answer, can you make the mixer stay a size you choose? at the moment if i open say the aux sends the mixer goes very tiny and i have to mess around a bit to get it to the size i want.. it would be nice if i could say have the mixer fill up my second monitor .. any help as ever, appreciated

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Hey sorry man I've been a bit busy.
    The mixer size stay if you don't devellop things and run out of screen space. Basicaly it depends on your resolution screen; I'm in 1080 I can have everything devlloped (auxes, fxs) except the eqs, and it never change size, because well, I will for example minimize the auxes first and then unveil the eqs. Pretty easy to do. Nothing special here, it gets smaller if you make it too big for your screen, it's a practical function but you have to know how to use it.
    [​IMG]
    For you track size problems, I've kind of already answsered even with a video, there is also a kraznet video about shortcuts (scrolling, zoom in and out, etc, which you should know by now) and I gave you the way to minimize/ maximize a track you just have to assign shortcuts for these. Just like in any other daw once you learn the different view and navigation shortcuts it's easy to use.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. filtersweep

i do appreciate your help, i was just getting a little impatient with some things, that's all...
    we all have those days i'm sure..

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

No sweat Filtersweep, I didn't mean to seem bothered. I understand your frustration, I was a bit puzzeled by samplitude behavior at first too. I'm sure you'll get there with a bit of training and repetition.
    And if you need help again, I'll try to help you no problem.