I need help (Chicken Systems Translator 7)

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Recoil, May 29, 2020.

1. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I converted an Instrument from Kontakt sampler to Independence sampler using Translator 7, and the problem is that after loading this instrument into Independence I have too high pitch on it, despite, the manually started sample plays normally.
    If I solve this problem I will be able to convert entire libraries :disco: but for now....... :dunno:

Could someone check this instrument, it's for the Independence sampler.:shalom:thanks in advance.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9bt4rvsdpqtaew/Program.zip/file

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

By how much is the pitch shifted? One octave?

4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@fiction 27 semitones

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2020
  5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Which Kontakt version has the original instrument been written with? (you can see the version in Kontakt's file browser when clicking on the instrument once and with the info pane enabled...)

6. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Kontakt 4.0.2 (EWQL RA) originally this library was for the Kompakt sampler.

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Sounds like a bug in the Independence export format.
    Can you try converting to SoundFont (SF2) and import that into Independence?
    If all fails, you could export to an AKAI S1000 image but that's more work (including mounting the CD image in a virtual drive...)

8. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I have a special version of this program:

Input format: anything
    Output format: Independence only

@fiction thank you for the tip, I will try to change the Translator options, maybe it will help :bow:

9. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Hopefully, yes. Don't forget to send a bug report to Garth if it's not about the settings.

10. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@fiction yes it was a bug and i reported it, it's good piece of software and works without any problems with porting instruments from Kontakt 5 to any format, in my case Independence :crazy:

11. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Sadly, after years and years and version after version . . . I have never successfully converted anything with C.S. Translator Pro. When I bought, it was supposed to be a lifetime of free updates, but I need to pay for the latest release. I decided not to upgrade.

12. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@tommyzai for me woorks, the most difficult part, assigning samples to keys does fully automatically, it's the part of the job I hate :headbang:
    Of course, some things have to be done manually but it is so easy with this program :drunks:

13. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Heh yeah about half of Translator doesnt work, nobody can ever tell what any of the options do, it creates worthless Akai and E4 banks from Kontakt/EXS instruments, etc. The app flat out sucks and Garth himself is one of the biggest dickheads as far as customer service goes. You should see him on Gearslutz blaming everything that ever goes wrong with it on everyone but himself and his shoddy programming heh. OP was brave to drop that money on the new version, I wouldnt pay for it to save my life if I had to. They won't even release a demo that actually does anything so people can see how well the app possibly works because he's afraid someone is going to steal his precious baby and not pay him for it..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Like any other format converter (Awave Studio, CDXtract, EXSC, Kontakt) it's not perfect but it's the only one I was able to build AKAI CD images with that could actually be read by old hardware samplers.
    It does quite a number of translations that no other software would even touch.
    I've also done a few sound font and EXS24 conversions that others failed to do.
    Extreme Sample Converter is likely the second best (and the best in usability) but it has limited format support.

15. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I found 2 ways to fix this problem, now that's not a problem anymore :metal:

16. LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT

LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT Ultrasonic

i use for akai s950

17. LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT

but i have different version
    one good work another is a shit

18. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Im working with software samplers, conversion from KONTAKT to Independence works seamlessly, you have to remember that these are two different samplers and not everything will be the same. In my opinion it's unique software.

19. LA-SCIMMIA-BEAT

thats true

20. Recoil

Recoil Guest

After a few months of testing this software, converting library from Kontakt 5 to Independence is no longer a problem for me, I am thankful for this software, :cheers:

21. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

To be fair, he has managed to craft pretty much a monopoly on the whole sample conversion thing. Having it iLok-only is also a really strong shield against piracy. The only competition I can really think of is Extreme Sample Converter, which still works (with the much more limited formats it had), but the development died otherwise. People are getting a renewed interest in hardware samplers again, so it does have a (small) customer base.

My experiences with the software is that I rarely get the results I expect.

The lack of a proper demo is moronic. Yes, there is a "demo" - which you have to also painstakingly register, and it doesn't allow you to do any actual conversions (!), therefore defeating the purpose of said demo.

For a demo-less software, the $149 asking price is ridiculous. He does sometimes do 50% off "sales", and the $75 is much more reasonable for a blind buy.