I love Reaper because..

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Futurewine, Jan 12, 2018.

1. kylo ren

kylo ren Member

ive never used reaper but after reading mostly positive comments about it ,im gonna try it out ive been ableton user since version 5

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

because it can do all I need, regardless of working on (any) Windows or (any) MacOS workstation, compatible with literally ANY audio interface
    totally reliable, only hiccups I experienced were caused by third-party plugins
    no cluttered user interface (when I need some button or hotkey, I set it myself)
    no functional limitations (by that I mean for ex. channel/bus count....unless my PC can't handle it anymore hah)
    no virtual instrument shizz bloatware, which is also a major dealbreaker for me, as I work primarily with audio,
    very little filesize of installer and even the installed daw, neat when updating especially
    rest has been mentioned yet in previous posts I guess :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

you might also check Bitwig Studio, it shall be more similar to Ableton - ofc depends what you need :)

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I am not a Reaper guy, my wife is, but for what it's worth i love your dedication you guys. My greets to the Reaper commune:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

@kylo ren I'm just getting started too. I think if you have purpose to work in Reaper, you will love it. In case you missed out, there are free tutorials from Reaper site itself (downloadable): https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php I hope you find it useful. Have fun!

P/S: Among other cool things I love about Reaper is that I can watch and learn from video tutorials inside the Reaper DAW itself. Pretty fun and handy like on-site training. I can do practice the referred stuff quickly by learning like this. (I might be watching movies or TV series inside Reaper too. Lol, it's love)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. KidPix

KidPix Producer

Made by nerds for nerds!
    Seminerds are also welcome. :rofl:

Kylo check this https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/ReaperScripts.html :metal:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

and you still haven't learned that women..are always right ? :bleh:

one of those threads where all I wanna do is kick back and enjoy....

there are some annoying things about Reaper that crop up occasionally...
    which would be an interesting thread one of these days...
    (e.g. auto-punch on time selection can have some aggravating non-intuitive behavior sometimes)
    but I've been on the bandwagon for years..and plan to keep riding... :wink:

very nice @Futurewine , did not know about the tuts... never cease to be amazed
    at how thoughtfully this software is put together

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

sorry, how do you view help inside of reaper?
    do you download them first?
    brains a bit slow today...

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I hate it how Reaper treats the first 2 outputs [stereo pair] in every multi-channel VSTi differently to other outputs. It's very confusing. Just try to route all the outputs from D16 Nephetone, for example, to different outputs. You'll discover that on the first stereo pair you will always hear all the channels. So you have to mute the first stereo pair, as it is just not usable, unless you plan to process all sounds at once and mix the result with the other outputs... parallel compression... hmmm that is actually not that bad... gives you some interesting options. But it's nevertheless confusing. When I route the first channel out, it should disappear from the main stereo output. e.g. there should be only kick on the 1st channel pair.

There are also some other long standing bugs that I kinda learned how to live with... :sad: But they obviously are not important enough to make me change the DAW. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Gwydion

Gwydion Kapellmeister

..because it's finally one DAW i am 100% not interested in.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

This a problem with D16 & Reaper. I personally don't use D16 products because of this. The problem also appears in other DAWs.
    Have also come across this with other multi-out plugins. Look at how Superior Drummer behaves in different DAWs.

Weeding out any plugins that hamper work flow in Reaper or Pro Tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Absolutely. That is why i plan to delve a bit deeper in the reaper world meself :winker:. Cheers

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Oh?
    [​IMG]

14. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

@Herr Durr I didn't know about it too earlier. Found on sis site and user leave comments about it. The amount of material covered, I'm very amazed too.

I've download the video and play it inside Reaper. I'm not sure if we can stream online video inside Reaper. I'm interested to know too if anyone can give hint or guide +1

15. Gwydion

Gwydion Kapellmeister

btw von Steyr: what about billy bob ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

One of Reapers best features especially for newbies and users confused by navigating the standard menus.

Right click on anything and get a limited context menu for that specific thing. Works with everything tracks, items, transport, controls, ect. Save lots of time.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  17. m9cao

m9cao Producer

reaper users are extremely proud of becomes the reaper user. seems like Apple users,
    maybe some reasons existed like nice graphic display or smooth animation or smooth running, apple users feels very happy, but reaper's gui was so ugly(and confusing), forever.
    they loves playing jigsaws inside the DAW and some stickers like 3 years old kid,
    probably reaper users are blinds?

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

I love Reaper because of the minimalistic DRM ever! Hah I first saw Reaper in a sister site and decided to test it, that was almost instant buying decision, after couple of tutorials just to make sure I got it :-D.

Even though I bought non commercial & small business license, gonna buy full 200 buck license in a near future :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

Probably not everyone wants to be company dependent (DRM)? If company servers go down or company goes bankrupt, you've basically just lost your software, that in the beginning never even was yours.

There are thousands of different themes for Reaper so no, we are not blind. And apple argument is the most far fetched idealogy ever. Reaper-liking is nothing like Apple fanboysim.

There are couple of great guys developing it and very responsive community supporting Reaper's development. Reaper has some very advanced features like spectral editing, notation, sample based effect, very complex automation, reamote to combine multiple PC's processing power to expand your limits, project tabs, copying anything between different project's on the fly, Grouping groups, inside of groups etc, unlimited routing possibilities, possibility to change between different upsampling algorithms, creating scripts using LUA, complex sample warping, and basically 1 full new generation of free updates in addition to current gen.

So yeah, no DAW even comes close to this level of comprehensivity.

• List
  20. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

He's been going through some really classy avatars from the 80s and 90s all the time. Really interesting idea, if you ask me. :wink: You haven't been here for long enough to notice that. "Bad Santa" is great! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List