I LOVE Omnishpere (Talk amongst yerselves)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by One Reason, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Best Soft Synth ever?

1. Fook yes

75.0%
  2. Hell naw

25.0%
  1. jojofun

jojofun Ultrasonic

I voted yes, simply because I don't know of any more capable synth.
    I really like the way that the newer updates are incorporating the sounds of retro synths (old with the new).

For urban music, it is now becoming what Nexus used to be, but actually a true synth.

Honestly, though, I don't use it much. Like previously stated by someone else, I mainly use smaller, specialized tools to get to quick results.
    However, I love the sound possibilities. I'm not a Nexus user, and don't intend on ever using it again. Omnisphere is now my universe of sounds.

It is the new frontier for preset banks.

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Can probably throw 99% of the threads if everyone is a legit user and able to contact Spectrasonics support.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I like Omnisphere, has some great sounds and you can jam with some random preset for ages and all that, but it feels very laborious to use / edit. Let alone browse / locate. (divedivedive )= Some updates completely break everything (now & again) meaning it grinds to a halt. But the new hardware library was a good idea, prolly means I use it a lot more lately? There's still a compulsion to rate all the presets, but it feels like a real waste of time!

Anyway, I guess the question posed was about best evah softsynth. I thought for as many as two seconds and voted Pianoteq. Mainly cos you can do loads of stuff w/ "real" instruments that aren't possible w/ Kontakt libs. I just hope that Eric Persing pays the PT guys to do Guitarteq, instead of sampling some dusty old banjos and call it Stringscape or w/e. But I guess that's why he can afford yachts and I can't! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Dont know anything about Omnisphere, but I would love if Spectrasonics came with a serious update of their Stylus RMX which I know a lot about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Was just thinking teh same thing last night.. that would be completely awesome... I wonder if it's in the works.

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Same here! I actually asked them two years ago and they gave me a very weak reply, so...... let´s see if something show up.

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Chris says that they are. He would not offer details but says that it will be a major one. After all they have not updated it for a while now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Wow... finally, ONE REASON to live.

9. Maitreya

Maitreya Ultrasonic

Amzing synth, mess around in it for hours when im bored and not really wanting to make a track. Can get decent sound quick enough too when making a track. Bunch of menus and diving, but no big deal. Why the rush?

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Loves me some Skippy :chilling: