I left the site for two months and created an album

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Lenny Belardo II, Jan 25, 2021.

1. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Thank you, that was quite wonderful. The greatest thing of it is the achievement of completion.

Congratulations, it is a great effort in itself to actually complete something and then expose it. Well done, sir.

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. That is a very generous compliment although I must admit that I am self taught in every aspect of music making. I have never had a lesson on any instrument nor do I know very much of the technicalities of audio.
    The only thing I do is take my time listening. This is one thing I do that I'm not sure I've ever read about anywhere. The song I am currently working on will stay in my head for days. I listen to no other music, radio or TV. It becomes embedded in a deep part of my brain and subconsciously I will hear mistakes in the arrangement or I may hear a melody or an entirely new melodic part. I live with just that one song for days.
    Mixing is instinctual. I don't think I am a great mix engineer. I do layer a lot of sounds (I do try to force myself to simplify, to no avail) and they probably often clash musically and in terms of frequencies. I often rely on Gullfoss to help with this.
    Stay well in Argentina

3. Thanks to your advice I have signed to a distribution service and will, within a few weeks have the whole album on Spotify, iTunes, Tidal, Amazon, Google Play and many others I have never heard of. But then, they haven't heard of me either. So we're even.
    Album cover:

65C9BDE2-EC2B-465E-972A-32B6CB627CB2.jpeg

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Aww man! Yay!
    Well done mate. :hifive:

5. Thanks Smoovey. I'm keen to start on the next one, but once again, I find myself messing about on this site reading about peeps having trouble adding libraries to Kontakt and missing Steam folders in Omnisphere. I'm hypnotised.
    786CB1E5-8848-477A-9707-E6DC73F12333.jpeg

6. Smoove Grooves

Oookay. Well that doesn't make me feel guilty or seem like a challenge you're setting for me at all... :invision:

7. andrescooper445

andrescooper445 Member

I really enjoy Frozen in Time. Look forward to more

8. Spotify links available now!

9. Thank you very much. I like it a lot myself. Much of the mood of the track is courtesy of Eventides Shimmer Reverb. I highly recommend it.

10. Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Platinum Record

WWPD do in lockdown?
    Shit, he would be locked up in his Paisley Park studio filling the vaults with funk!

11. Smoove Grooves

U wanna make me cry?

12. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I've been listening and I get feels, man. It's good.

13. Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Platinum Record

Sorry for the OT (but kinda related to making music and not hanging on this site OP)

no way mate!! just have a feeling you have some Grooves festering in ya. :cheers:

14. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i really enjoyed the songs that i played. i plan to go back and listen to the rest.

15. Having freed myself from the self imposed boundaries I set in making a coherent guitar based album and with no intention of releasing another album, I am now going back to my synths.

17. Mr_Meoff

Mr_Meoff Noisemaker

Dig it, great songs! Voice is great dude.

18. Appreciate you taking the time to listen.

19. refix

refix Platinum Record

Best Answer
    bravo... bravo... congratulations lenny. quite the collection of tunes.

interesting to hear the 'sparrow song' words spun into melody. was not expecting the 'nursery rhyme' like treatment. you dip your bitter pill in a dollop of honey.

fully support the abstinence from these stupid social media sites; pays dividends in the realm of the physical.

hope your war with the gods is going well. like the celts of old, who chose to go to war with their gods, you can be victorious with righteous persistence -- however any battles with mere figments are bound to be hard to quantify. my war against social media is no less fraught.