i know not to mix legit with sistersite software from same developer, but what about partnerships?

Discussion in 'Software' started by fonemone, Apr 21, 2021.

1. fonemone

fonemone Newbie

i know that ie. downloaded kontakt library won't work with bought kontakt5,etc. i want to install a legal/free version of studio one 5 prime, however i have melodyne 4 installed from sister site. since presonus has some sort of partnership with celemony, do the "same rules" apply here also? or am i good?

3. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    100% correct you cant add third party plugins in S1 Prime. With that said, even if @fonemone had Studio One Artist or Professional, running a cracked version of Melodyne Studio would not cause any issues. All @fonemone needs to do is decline to install the Melodyne Editor or overwrite Melodyne Editor with Melodyne Studio from AZ.

5. fonemone

fonemone Newbie

thank you @The Pirate! i'm aware that it's not included in s1 prime, just wasn't aware how the integration works 'behind the scenes'. wasn't aware that i could simply decline melodyne installation (assuming i'm installing artist or professional)

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

As I said, earlier even if Editor is installed the Studio version WILL overwrite it and be fully operational.:like:

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you guys often/regularly use Melodyne as a plugin? I usually only use it for offline/destructive, so it sounds interesting anyway

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I can't live without it. If I were put in a position in which I have to choose just one plugin, I will choose Melodyne.