I keep losing Kontakt libraries from the left pane browser.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Parasite-B, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Hey all.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this issue, as it's doing my head in now.

As the title says, I keep losing Kontakt libraries from the left pane browser after adding them over, and over.

The ones I'm having problems with are Shreddage 2, and Heavyocity NOVO. There was another, but I can't remember the name right now.

At first I could go through the standard procedure, add library, it'd show up, but whenever I closed a track and re-opened, whether it be on standalone or in a track, Kontakt keeps losing the library and I need to re-add. Also when the library is already saved in a track I try to open, I get an error message saying that the library isn't installed. Now it's got to the stage of having to open Studio One 3 in admin mode to be able to add the libraries in question.

I've been looking for solutions for weeks, but none of them work for me. I'm far from a noob, but absolutely nothing I try is working. I'm using Studio One 3 version 3.3.4.41933, and Kontack 5 version 5.6.6 on Windows Pro 10 64-bit.

I hope that's enough info to try and narrow this problem down, but if not I can easily provide what ever's needed. I really hope someone can help me with this. It's become just a bit of a ball-ache. And thank you to all in advance!

3. theblaqmann

theblaqmann Newbie

Always install Kontakt Libs in Kontakt standalone app, Not via your DAW. Kontakt needs to create an .xml file and what's happening is, it's not creating it through your DAW. If you arrange your libs (Libraries) in DAW & shutdown your project you notice that when you reopen your project that your Lib order is all jacked up, that's because Kontakt can't remember what was done in DAW from project to project basis. It only remembers what Libs you used in that session, not what Libs you added in Browser. Hopes this help Brotha!

4. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

5. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Your description tells me that you probably have a SNPID number conflict. I assume that your libraries are cracked and that you have installed several of them. I had the same problem when I started with Kontakt. It is complicated and there are various workarounds.
    I suggest you open the nicnt file of those libraries with Notepad++ and see what the number is. Write it down. Then download the free SNPIDlocator, enter the 3-digit number and it will show you if some other library has the same number. If you find the conflict, the only solution is to change the number of one of the two libraries using Notepad++. You have to change both the nicnt file and the xml file in the Service Center folder. After that both libraries will appear correctly.
    Unfortunately, there are complications. Several cracked libraries need the original number to work and they will show the usual "your lib. needs to be registered" window. I hope you are lucky with this one!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Parasite-B

@theblaqmann I've just tried your suggestion, running as admin and non, and it's still not working. Not creating an .xml file in the service centre folder. They were working before, stayed in the left pane. There's obviously something I've done to screw this up, but I can't figure out what. Thank you for your suggestion though, dude! Just need to keep trying.

7. Parasite-B

Thank you @Lette and @Zikkk for your suggestions. I'll get on that now and let you know how I get on. Hopefully it's a quick fix. And yes, they are cracked.

8. Parasite-B

Okay, so I've ran the SNPID lister. I don't appear to have any conflicting libraries. I've opened up the Shreddage 2 .nicnt file, and I'm unable to edit it at all. I have of course tried running it as admin, but no joy. This is really starting to get on my tits. I've been able to edit with Notepad++ before, but now I seem locked out. I've just tried editing other .nicnt files with no issue. It just appears to be these select few I can't do anything with. I'm going to check my permissions on the Shreddage 2 folder. Once I get one non-conforming library working I'll be able to repeat the process, so I'm focusing on that single one right now.

Thank you for your time and suggestions!

9. jkst

jkst Kapellmeister

If you have maschine2 installed it comes with its own xml file. Inside the xml there's a number of kontakt libraries info, SNPID etc that will conflict when you install those specific libraries in kontakt. Delete the info from maschine2.xml then install in kontakt.

10. Parasite-B

@jkst thank you for the info here! I'm away from my music stuff today, so I'll get on that first thing tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks again, buddy! And to thank you for everyone else's help!

11. Parasite-B

I managed to get on to my music stuff today and solved the problem within a few minutes! I uninstalled Maschine 2 and Kontakt, deleted every trace I could find of both from my computer, reinstalled Kontakt using every update I could find in order, and done! Libraries are now staying put. The problem was obviously caused by Maschine, so thank you @jkst for that! All sorted and fixed. Thanks again to everyone else that tried helping. Really appreciate that! I knew I came to the right place! :wink::mates:

12. jkst

jkst Kapellmeister

good you sorted it out, usually the snpid locator tool would find where the problem is.

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

My solution was to use the Quick-load feature and not worry about the library pane.
    I liked the Library pane, and made some of my own wallpapers,etc, but it began to seem a waste of time after I began to use the Quickload for a few things I just began using it always. It can be managed using windows explorer or within Kontakt.
    Maybe you already know this but there is a reason to use the Library view that i have forgotten...
    View attachment 12812

14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Quick-load seems really helpful (much better than scrolling for minutes to find the instrument) you can structure the libraries better under sub-folders. But when Kontakt doesn't let the user to keep the library, you can't solve it with quick-load as you need to have the library added before loading its .nki/.nkm