I just got banned from Gearspace for...

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Colonel F'in Sanders, May 5, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

I think behind all this there is a commercial reason.

i dont support any war but i also think 99% of musicians and developers haven't the proper political knowledge to influence other people. Politics affects many people and requires knowledge in many areas (economics, law, social science) to understand its full consequences.

Yes i do believe the developer has every right to put any flag they want in their software, but i also believe music should be separated from politics.

2. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

it's your responsibility to choose adequate tools and clients,
    if you're working with clients that you say would storm your studio and do 100K damage, for whatever reason, then it's your problem in the first place
    :chilling:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe they should be angry about him having 100K in gear supposedly, but using that plugin. When's the last time anyone had a client even look at a plugin interface? If you have two groups of people who are both looking at a plugin interface and they are going to go to fisticuffs; were they really going to get along together in your studio anyway?

The story reminds me the last time I had some Bloods and Crips over to make a record, and it turned out there would be a problem. Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

What a load of utter rubbish :rofl:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

You are aware of these things in place the last few years called sanctions right?? Ableton didn't 'ban' anybody, no one is allowed to do business with Russia period right now unless you live in China or North Korea. Same shit happened with Steinberg, Apple, Avid, Bitwig, etc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. officialswish

officialswish Member

i stopped going to that site literally ages ago. almost none of those guys are actually professionals and they have an insane level of snobbery and elitism as if they were professionals. a super trash site.

7. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Kapellmeister

that website i thought it was good there. yes its overrated.. a nonsense website! leave that forum

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the problem was that Ableton simply banned ip adresses from russia, this has nothing to do with business, because users already paid for Live, couldnt get it authorized nor getting the installer from their servers. Okay i might not made this clear in my post above.

@Lad Impala it depends, but i still dont see a reason why political stuff has to find its way into music production. Sanctions or not.

I will not write anything additional in this topic. Its just way to political and i dont want to invoke a political discussion anymore i have done already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Mitre

Mitre Newbie

Typical naive leftist bullshit, you watch too much TikTok propaganda BS. If you think your life or the life of your kids will be better if China and/or Russia are dictating what to do and what to think, your completely wrong. But sometimes i wish it's gonna happen, just for you ****** to finally experience what its like to live in a political system like this, getting arrested for disagreeing with authorities, listening to the wrong music, visiting the wrong webpages or voting for the wrong politicians. And no, we have no fascism right now. You can literally f*** whoever you want, marry whoever you want, you can do any job you want. No, it's not perfect, capitalism is a flawed system, but people right now have more freedom than your grandparents have ever dreamed of and still some are desperate for that authoritarian figure who's telling them what to do and what to think. My grandparents lived in an autocratic system and my parents did too, both in different systems, so i really appreciate what we have right now. Thank god people like you are a minority and the western hemisphere is finally waking up and gaining some self-confidence again. We should protect what we have because the individual life here has at least some worth, unlike what's going on in russia right now where people (mostly minorities) are getting thrown into the meatgrinder of the ukrainian battlefields.
    And to the OP, you have the wrong clients and if you think it's totally normal to go apeshit because of a flag in a f***ing plugin then you are the problem, not GS. Especially if their country is the bad guy who is attacking their neighbour since 2014.

• Disagree x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  10. Free Agent

Free Agent Platinum Record

I lost my respect for them since the day they changed their site name because of a bunch of snowflakes but !

So what? Do your clients hate Ukraine or they support a dictator's invasion of an independent country?

There are lots of Russian people that are totally against the invasion.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. AudioSox

AudioSox Ultrasonic

AudioSex -> AudioSox

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. loveriuz

loveriuz Producer

Please do release it as MODDED or sumfin :mates:

13. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

I invite mods to close this thread before the retarded political posts lower our collective intelligence even further.

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Axvap

Axvap Member

Oh mate, just wait, juuuust wait, it ALWAYS starts with a small steps :guru:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

censorship is never a good idea.

This is actually not true if you think the object is inducted and your point of view is unable of any kind of self-reflection.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I was just banned from the Gearspace Acustica Audio Sand 4 Ultra thread without reason or warning. I'm now banned from about 8 Acustica Audio threads, lol. Wild censorship going on over there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Simplywavs

Simplywavs Newbie

I can tell you haven't been in sticky situations , you think there's a manual to life:rofl:

18. Peek

Peek Ultrasonic

I hope it'll be you who is in the minority, as soon as possible. You are in absolute cognitive dissonance and totally confused, not to say influenced, by globalist politics. Nature may have mercy on you, but I don't.

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

If I reveal and comment what I really think about some of these posts I'd surely be banned from here. It'd be like throwing proverbial chum into the sea and then jumping into those shark infested waters. Though, the feeding frenzy would be fascinating to watch as it unfolded into a virtual bloodbath.

I'll just sit back, eat some popcorn and play it safe while tapping on the available emojis.

:yes:

Oly, if you're watching....

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. tom foolery

tom foolery Noisemaker

As another brilliant commenter already mentioned, just remove the flag. Soldier on (no pun intended).