I just got banned from Gearspace for...

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Colonel F'in Sanders, May 5, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

So many imbeciles in today's world, no one researches for truth, facts or reasons anymore, just so many brainless sheople following a Judas goat. It seems no-one can think for themselves. If you comment about something that their little brains don't or can't comprehend because they may be media brainwashed then they warn or ban you, even if you have proof they are wrong. I come from an era when we were taught to never believe anyone or anything without 100% proof or certainty, we had to have proof beyond a shadow of a doubt before accepting others opinions or statements. Completely opposite of what happens in today's world no-one gives a damn to find out what's true or not, so just be opinion free to avoid issues.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  2. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

Lol, the OP didn't post any proof.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Ultrasonic

[​IMG]
    Nobody cares

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Ultrasonic

• insulting another member
    I'm so fucking glad that dumbasses like you are the least part of the world

• Dislike x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This is so stupid. If a developer wants to support a cause, they have the right to do that. If you don't like it. Don't support them or use their plugin. Simple as that. Everyone has freedom of choice, the developer and you as a customer. You saying developers have no right to freedom of choice and should remove the flag is no different to you criticising Gearspace for being totalitarian as you are asking the developer to abide with your perspective and you are trying to remove their freedom of choice.

This comment is not even about who is right, what you support, as not getting involved in the politics of it, but freedom of choice should be a basic right for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

I'd like to learn how to reverse plugins to alter the UI etc. Would you mind giving me some tips as to where to begin? What software is needed typically to unpack, decode and then reassemble so that the modified file runs as normal?

I realise it's a broad subject but just a few starter hints to get the ball rolling. I'm quite committed to learning.

Cheers

7. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Kapellmeister

this forum is better than gearspace or formerly gearslutz

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Use another plugin its not like that compressor is unique

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

GearSlutz -> GearSpace
    MuffWiggler -> ModWiggler

How long before AudioSex becomes AudioCuddle or AudioHoldingHands?

But yeah, you got banned. So what. Make a new account or move on.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

False post...oops!

11. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Flags and religions are just symbols used by elites to manipulate the majority of ignorant uneducated people, ready to fight and sacrifice their lives to make such elites richer and more powerful. How sad and frustrating is the world of those slaves unaware of their slavery state.

May the poor people of that poor country understand how silly was their extreme sacrifice, I send them a deep hug from the bottom of my heart and the hope of a cultural uprising.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  12. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Not unreasonable for the GUI to feature a small Ukrainian flag given above circumstances AND how both countries' futures are intimately linked. I'm sure you have a bunch of plugins that say 'coded with love in XYZ'.

Pointless hill to pick to die on when there are hundreds/thousands of alternative plugins out there. I wouldn't go into NANI's official thread to repeatedly suggest the developer remove the tits either (but think about all the female business you're missing out on!) - I'll just use one of the other 5000 distortion plugins and move on.

People complain about how businesses only care about making more money. But at the same time, they demand Wavegrove remove the one tiny thing that isn't strictly about them making more money. You are literally demanding to be punished with more of the very same thing you complain about. And you wonder why no one 'reviewing' products on YouTube dares have an opinion anymore... it's bad for business and anyone having an opinion about anything gets punished for it.

Anyway, it's just GS. I'd mail the developer in private if there's something that needs fixing. GS is 99.99% noise and easier to ignore than mail.

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i never understood why audio companies had to even have an opinion on the war, like ableton for example banned legal russian consumers, which bought Live from its webpage. They paid for Live ...
    I think Music software shouldnt be political, they should be neutral.

Also i hope we keep this topic poltics free :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I was never banned from Gearspace.

I need to get over there right away.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

I can understand them not accepting new Russian buyers, because of the sanctions. But I do think banning existing users is kind of wrong. It's not like it's a bank or something.

I suppose you could use Max 4 Live to control weapons or something, but still...

16. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

I had to reword this comment as few times, because it would've come across as needlessly angry and fingerpointing.

But here's my opinion: if someone gets banned from forum XYZ, then that simply means one isn't compatible with the forum. There's a mismatch between the poster, the mods, the other users, the rules & their implementation. It doesn't matter if one is keeping cool or behaving like a raging asshole, and if that someone is a mod or a user, there's just an impedance mismatch. It's frustrating, sure, it's happened to most of us, some place and some time, but I think it's the best to leave it alone and just move on.

Let's keep it chill over here and well all be good, ok? :yes:

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

The big problem was, letting russian people, who bought Live not activate it again nor access Ableton servers to download the installer. They paid for that product. Closing the shop maybe for russians people.

i think the whole Audio industry should be free of politics. its about the music, so for me a flag on a plugin has no place there on the main GUI, on the credit maybe.

And i am writing this not because i am russian. there should be a neutrality against politics secured in audio.

So now coming back to the topic, it could be gearspace has something in their board rules about discussing politics. Now i can imagine this topic about not putting flag on plugins, it is kind of on the edge of keeping the peace in the forum and obeying the rules.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

hard to tell what is worse: putting silly flags on music software or trying to convince people not to do so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

Welcome to 2024, the culmination of Western hypocrisy and false superiority(I'm from the Netherlands) The last 10 years or so cancel culture has reached a peak finally. You know what time it is when the ICC won't arrest war criminals just because of the inconvenience the criminal falsely claims to be democratic and belongs to the most humane country in the world. These are all symptoms of an ending Empire, and shifting Geopolitics. Out with the Old in with the New! It's just that the old guard still has a firm grip on the media and can thus play mind games with the public and distort facts with halve-truths and censorship.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. jagctl

jagctl Ultrasonic

Has nothing to do with war or politics - the hardware company is literally Ukrainian:rofl:

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List