I Have two old Mac book pro (2006) and can't Register Kontakt without internet

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Shiama, Oct 10, 2024.

1. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Dear firends, I have an old mac book pro (2006) with Kontakt 2 installed. I have the original installation disk and I have installed it on a second Mac book pro (same model same OS). The installation was succesfull but I can't autenticate it since it is impossible to connect the laptop to Internet with such an old OS (I can't upgrade or I ll have problems with Pro tools etc etc.) Any suggestion? I would be entitled to install Kontakt on two different machine but in my case is not possible. Since 2017 seams it is impossible with an off line machine.
    Thanks for your help!!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

What version of MacOS is on the 2 machines? They should have shipped with OSX 10.4 Tiger, but you could have updated them as far as 10.6.8 Snow Leopard officially. If you did go to MacOS v10.6.8, then you could install a Kontakt version up to v5.3 cracked. This depends on what version MacOS you have. You aren't going to find v2 cracked very easily anymore. The lowest version number you will find is a v4.x something. I would definitely shoot for v5, but hopefully you understand the performance of this is likely going to be slow as molasses.

From GPT: The last version of Native Instruments Kontakt that will run on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) is Kontakt 5, specifically version 5.3. Later versions of Kontakt require newer macOS versions that are not compatible with Snow Leopard.

If you're using Kontakt 5, it's best to ensure you're on version 5.3 or earlier for compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I wanted to see what info ChatGPT could provide. You are very likely on your own with this one. You could send them an email and see if they could give you some way to authorize the legal versions you have; maybe you will get lucky. But I doubt it.

4. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Thanks for answering!
    I have Mac OS 10.4.
    I have cloned my original system (19 years old) on two more identical laptop. All work fine except Kontakt and few plugins. Pro tools runs very well still handling sessions with 100 tracks with several active plugin etc. I have to find a way to install K from my original disks skipping verification. I have written to NI but they could not help.
    Cheers!

5. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Thanks for answering!
    I have Mac OS 10.4.
    I have cloned my original system (19 years old) on two more identical laptop. All work fine except Kontakt and few plugins. Pro tools runs very well still handling sessions with 100 tracks with several active plugin etc. I have to find a way to install K from my original disks skipping verification. I have written to NI but they could not help.
    Cheers!

6. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

It's time to buy a new laptop lol

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

You need Kontakt 2.2 or up to v3.x something. Check your private messages. I found it.

No joke there.

8. trz303

trz303 Platinum Record

How cant you access internet with a computer which is able to access both wifi and ethernet ??
    You can even access internet with a simple USB-to-ethernet connector ...

Accessing internet should not be a problem but installing a compatible NI Access on this old OS should be pretty unsolvable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you need N.A? I don't remember. It's like 17 years old.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024
  10. ItsFine

ItsFine Rock Star

NI stopped service for 10.8 and lower.
    Only solution : finding a "scene" release compatible with your OSX version ...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. JohnEncore

JohnEncore Kapellmeister

great to hear them old Macs still runnin', love it!

12. zpaces

zpaces Producer

You probably took it too far when they say "Never change a running system!"

13. ItsFine

ItsFine Rock Star

14. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

Still got a white plastic 2007 intel MacBook somewhere, must be the shittiest hardware Apple ever produced... Case broken around the keyboard and fan rattling after some months, display backlight and battery broken some months later, not to forget the worst GPU ever, intel GMA950.

But hey, that was the golden age of "hackintosh" builds that outperformed every single Mac available.

Edit: Sorry for being OT, I was running it on 10.6.8 for several years with external display as that was the last OSX working with 32 bit EFI IIRC. So I think this would be the best bet to get it working with a k'd Kontakt of that time. Happy vintage computing!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2024
  15. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Due to security protocol I can connect but can't access any page. I brang my laptop to a vintage apple store and they could not solve the issue as well.

16. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Actually I have K2...the problem is to newly authorise it on a cloned machine

17. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

Well, I went up once but wasn't as stable as the 10.4 so I went back to the origin. I must say that my original 19 years old mac book pro 15" (just replaced the keyboard) is working pretty well with lots of plug inns and hundred tracks session....why upgrade and spend few thousand greens?

18. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

I love it too! 19 years old!!!

Attached Files:

19. Shiama

Shiama Newbie

sorry..N.A means?

20. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

NA means Native Access, a software used by Native Instruments to manage your plugins.

Even if you could get access to internet, you will not be able to register such an old version of Kontakt on such an old OS because Native Instruments have stopped supporting it many years ago. You have to find a k'd (means cra**ed) version or finally upgrade to a newer system.

21. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

Kontakt 2 use a discontinued Service Center web registration.
    based on a ProductsHinst.xml file (all the NI product listing) in service center folder.

but you can still use the NativeAccess.xml file instead , simply rename it in ProductsHints.xml in the Service center folder.
    the data can be catched from this url
    https://api.native-instruments.com/static/phints

you should try to use a more recent version of kontakt if compatible, also to enable more libraries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List